Marriage and separate accounts - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Marriage and separate accounts

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:57 AM

Ok, so recently I've decided to make a sorceror and of course, all sorcerors are married to soul linkers not for the union between man and woman, but for the conveniance of being able to summon a kahii outside of useful leveling spots.

So anyway, I made a soul linker to be my Sorceror's spouse, but of course I had to use a separate account and e-mail. For some reason I am only able to use my credit card on one of my accounts and Playspan doesn't like my credit card full stop. This means that my alt accounts CANNOT GET KP outside of doing those horrible spam-mail filled surveys (which don't even give you rewards most of the time)

My question is, do I need a written oath of marriage on both characters, or only one? Because if it's the latter then I can buy a marriage convent on my sorceror's account and be done with it. If it's the former...well then I'm not sure what to do, since I can't gift KP to my female account, nor can I trade the marriage convent due to it being non-tradable.

Any help?

#2 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:05 AM

covenant is tradeable
also the account that is vip doesnt need a covenant. if neither of them are vip, you will need 2 covenants

#3 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:09 AM

are you sure it's tradeable? I read the in-game description for the covenant and it said it wasn't tradeable.

one account is VIP, the other is not. The problem is that the non-vip account is the one that doesn't have KP to buy a covenant.

#4 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:14 AM

Marriage covenant is definitely tradeable, a friend gave me one just the other day; the in game description lies.

#5 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:14 AM

It's tradeable, I tried it about a month ago.

If you are unsure, buy one on your main and try to trade it, if you can't then you haven't lossed out.

I'm 99.8% sure it's tradable though.

#6 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:19 AM

alright, this is a huge relief then. I guess I will buy one for my linker. Thanks for the input guys.

Edit: while we're on the topic of marriage, I always thought it would be cool to have same-sex alternatives to marriage, or even the ability to adopt family members as brothers/sisters.

for example: Best friends or Soul mates between two same sex characters. Rather than a marriage ceremony, the bond will be solidated with an adventure of sorts, and the abilities granted are different from the marriage abilities.

likewise, the abilities shared between brothers and sisters could also be different.

Some of us are not fond of the concept of marriage. I was very tempted to simply make 2 male soul linkers and cart them around as servants, but you can't argue the usefulness of Romantic Rendezvous, and having to tri-client each time I wanted a kahii would have just been bad.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 27 April 2011 - 01:25 AM.

#7 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:54 AM

Some of us are not fond of the concept of marriage. I was very tempted to simply make 2 male soul linkers and cart them around as servants, but you can't argue the usefulness of Romantic Rendezvous, and having to tri-client each time I wanted a kahii would have just been bad.

Personally, I made 10x Soul Linkers and spread them out through the most common places of Ragnarok Online that I might end up in if I jumped a random warp portal.

They all have the same equipment, stats, skills, and are in the same guild (called Soul Society). I use Soul Linkers for their Super Novice Spirit and use an old alternate computer that only runs Ragnarok Online. I only need to log on once to soul link then sign off.

#8 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:48 AM

better question, why are you using two seperate warp portal accounts? just create a new one under your existing account. The account limit per warp portal account is higher than anything you could realistically use (unless you pay your entire guilds accounts on one WP acc).

To be helpful though, you could try buying some WP energy from someone. Just pick one of the major traders on the forums (prolly iro wiki), dont trust the unkown ingame ones since they'd likely scam whereas forum traders have a reputation to protect so they're less inclined to scam.

Or just make two soul linkers. Thats what I did when I played Valk, I had an account of soul linkers then a seperate account with one linker, who had linker link. dinky dink.

It actually becomes easier to do that after a while because you dont need to keep track of who married who and devorce/remarrages. Just have two linkers parked there and anyone off your main acc can use them.

Edited by Hrothmund, 27 April 2011 - 02:59 AM.

#9 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:10 AM

Interesting. Well if I ever need to make any more linkers I'll keep all that in mind.

#10 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

Personally, I made 10x Soul Linkers and spread them out through the most common places of Ragnarok Online that I might end up in if I jumped a random warp portal.

They all have the same equipment, stats, skills, and are in the same guild (called Soul Society). I use Soul Linkers for their Super Novice Spirit and use an old alternate computer that only runs Ragnarok Online. I only need to log on once to soul link then sign off.

Off-Topic: Always wondered, why the novices? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users