3rd Job Skills that MUST BE NURFED - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

3rd Job Skills that MUST BE NURFED

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#51 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

Chaser is deep down a support class. It can disable people but if someone doesn't want to die to them, they're not gonna die to them lol. Your best "offensive measure" in pvp is landmine/shadowform someone in man hole rofl

potpotpotpotpot?

or simply ale

It really can't get any worst then using triangle shot though <_<

Edited by Braska, 28 April 2011 - 01:00 PM.

#52 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:06 PM

Taking this thread too seriously...lalala

They don't call me Stoneface for nothing.

#53 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:06 PM

I picked SC out of recommendation when I started because everyone told me they were good at most things, woe, pvp, pve, but if they would take away the only element I have of attack, that would ruin the entire class for me.
If you can't figure, that would suck and I would be forced to play one of the classes I like a lot less, Say, Rune Knight, just because I want to be able to inflict some pain and suffering as well.

Give a kid a toy car, he loves it very dearly, but then you take away two tires, the boy doesn't play with it anymore because it's BROKEN!

While you're at it, take away Suicide destruction, the only redeeming factor to being a Mechanic, take away the stealth elements from the Assassin classes, steal the wolf from the Ranger.

Don't go around nerfing all the classes until we all end up as bummed out as Warlocks.
Learn to adapt to other classes instead.

The ARE good at all those things.

In a team.

Without killing.

And I can kill on my chaser without shadow form. It's a little o/p working with Manhole.

#54 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

Going off the begginings of these classes (2-1, 2-2), I feel it should rest somewhere around:

Royal Guard shouldn't really be able to kill given how defensively oriented they are. Performers, Sorcerers, & Genetics should not be that strong offensively either due to their support sides.

Arch Bishop next to zero kill power due to being fully supportive/defensive.

Rune Knight should be competent offensively but not top tier, given their tankerage ability. Sura should be about this strong due to their self-support abilities.

Guillotine Cross, Mechanic, Rangers, & Warlock should be top tier offense due to their lack of support and defense. They're pretty much pure offensive characters.

#55 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:14 PM

Only OP I see is Mandragora. Learn to play better.

#56 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

Going off the begginings of these classes (2-1, 2-2), I feel it should rest somewhere around:

Royal Guard shouldn't really be able to kill given how defensively oriented they are. Performers, Sorcerers, & Genetics should not be that strong offensively either due to their support sides.

Rune Knight should be competent offensively but not top tier, given their tankerage ability. Sura should be about this strong due to their self-support abilities.

Guillotine Cross, Mechanic, Rangers, & Warlock should be top tier offense due to their lack of support and defense. They're pretty much pure offensive characters.

Quit making up roles.

#57 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

Mandy howling is clearly bugged, in a manner that makes it more powerful. Description states that vit and luk reduce chance of success, but they don't.

Actually... I think it does... my Warlock get "howled" every once in a while... even thou the Genetic cast it in front of my... I was wandering why and perhaps my VIT and LUK are actually reducing the chance of success as you state... not 100% sure and perhaps I'm being quite lucky...

#58 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:24 PM

Actually... I think it does... my Warlock get "howled" every once in a while... even thou the Genetic cast it in front of my... I was wandering why and perhaps my VIT and LUK are actually reducing the chance of success as you state... not 100% sure and perhaps I'm being quite lucky...

^ likes to brag about stupid stuff.

#59 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

No class should require 2 or more people in order to kill. Shadow Chaser currently is one of those classes that requires thus, and even if you removed manhole they would still be such. Manhole should not be possible to place under characters (make it trap like and thus counterable with Magnetic Earth), and Shadow Form should have a much larger cast time.

Currently a SC can easily get Shadow Form in the middle of a fast multihitting AoE like Psychic Wave. Given that short of a cast time, as long as they are not playing poorly, they canget SF off after any skill has already begun to be cast. That is simply unreasonable as its an ultimate defense unless you can disable the character first and 1HKO. At the very least it should be impossible to cast this in the middle of a precast without being interupted....

Edited by Nombus, 28 April 2011 - 01:51 PM.

#60 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

A few classes can 1 on 1 chasers. Just sayin. 2 on 1 there's plenty of class set ups. Chaser does have an advantage in a sea of people though. You just have to be careful! If you don't adapt, yeah they're ridiculous. Learn to play renewal imo, they're not that bad.

#61 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

disable flying kick and chasers will be much more obsolete

#62 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

Hey! Look at this!! This thread becomes a nice discussion and not only a droydtrolling thread xD

#63 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:57 PM

^ likes to brag about stupid stuff.

lol since when I'm bragging xD I'm just clarifying what Dr. Azzy said lol... ambiguous statements are so much fun to make xD

SC is good as the player who plays it... not all SC are OP or know how to play their characters... just a few are pretty good that know how to adapt to several situations therefore are hard to kill...

#64 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

Quit making up roles.

You should have quoted someone who made up roles when you wrote that. Just sayin' <_<

#65 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

You should have quoted someone who made up roles when you wrote that. Just sayin' <_<

Lrn2readyourownpost.

#66 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:18 PM

Honestly the only explanation I can come up with is you slipped and fell off your head and perhaps dreamed you played in 2003-2005 when class roles were clearly defined and people enjoyed woe, only you didn't really play back then and you just sort of made everything up. Then read my facts and were so convinced that the deluded garbage in your head was real that before you could sober up you went and typed something ridiculous hastily. The alternative is that you really are an incompetent poser and a liar. So for your sake let's keep our fingers crossed its the former.

I would love to hear your witty dissection as to why my role placement for 2003-2005 non-trans 2-1/2-2 woe (which many people agree was more fun) is off-base. Then I can write the follow up to show you where you're wrong. I have some time to kill. Be my guest. I don't mind teaching you.

#67 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:23 PM

Honestly the only explanation I can come up with is you slipped and fell off your head and perhaps dreamed you played in 2003-2005 when class roles were clearly defined and people enjoyed woe, only you didn't really play back then and you just sort of made everything up. Then read my facts and were so convinced that the deluded garbage in your head was real that before you could sober up you went and typed something ridiculous hastily. The alternative is that you really are an incompetent poser and a liar. So for your sake let's keep our fingers crossed its the former.

I would love to hear your witty dissection as to why my role placement for 2003-2005 non-trans 2-1/2-2 woe (which many people agree was more fun) is off-base. Then I can write the follow up to show you where you're wrong. I have some time to kill. Be my guest. I don't mind teaching you.

There you go friend.

#68 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

Lol let's nerf Arullo but keep Deep sleep lullaby hell yeah.

#69 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:50 PM

can you people stop qqing that every skill needs to be nerfed and that job exp need to be easier people work hard to own your face. they earned there over powered skill, you have one to use it. oh what you didin work hard enough to get it yet? oh whos fault is that oh it must be someone eases it has to be. i have worked my sura hard and im still not to gates of hell. not even close im glad that every job lvl is so hard its unbearable, thats the point! stop qqing guys really really really its so sad....

now you can all flame me idc because.. well i don't care =D

#70 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:57 PM

can you people stop qqing that every skill needs to be nerfed and that job exp need to be easier people work hard to own your face. they earned there over powered skill, you have one to use it. oh what you didin work hard enough to get it yet? oh whos fault is that oh it must be someone eases it has to be. i have worked my sura hard and im still not to gates of hell. not even close im glad that every job lvl is so hard its unbearable, thats the point! stop qqing guys really really really its so sad....

now you can all flame me idc because.. well i don't care =D

I guess you are kind of right, but that doesn't change the fact that if you have a 150/50 Sura and a 150/50...Arch Bishop? The Sura will most probably win.
I'm not whining about nerfs at all, I am anti-nerfing!

#71 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:13 PM

I guess you are kind of right, but that doesn't change the fact that if you have a 150/50 Sura and a 150/50...Arch Bishop? The Sura will most probably win.
I'm not whining about nerfs at all, I am anti-nerfing!

of course the Sura would win, thats their role generally. Now take a Sura and try to support a party, the AB wins. I personally think they've done (generally, but with a few exceptions) a good job with the 3rd job skills, while maintaining each role the different classes have.

and yea, anti-nerfing!

#72 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

the only skill thats should be nerfed in jackfrost= = the range is insane

#73 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:50 PM

There you go friend.

Well this is a really intelligent post for you (very surprising) but I can't help but think these words seem awfully familiar.

#74 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

KaddyBOMB, wow. LOL

#75 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

its the few bad eggs that spoil the bunch. i agree jack frost is to much aoe but in the same sentence i will say they earned it. job exp is hard, those skills are hard earned. its the people who did not have to work hard to get 150 that dont realize how hard it is to get them skills the people who are 150/30 because they did turn ins with god items and mvp cards and a endless supply of battle manuals, thats a whole new can of worms tho. that you need god items now to be good, not even the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users