Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

Why everybody are selling their spare cards?

#2 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:38 AM

What are blank cards for?

#3 mooncats5

mooncats5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAl De Baren

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:54 AM

@meaning42: the regular items, "Blank Card", can be traded in at the Kafra headquarters in Al De for various items. You could almost call them prizes I guess. <_< One of the most popular trade-ins are Marvelous Medals which cost 4 Blank Cards. Marvelous Medals in turn can be traded in Einbroch for MORE prizes or even exp.

@Drak231: I can make guesses. It could be that the price for them is just right right now so everyone's trying to get rid of their extras (especially with the potential of many older players coming back to RO and them not having newer gear). I can't really think of a more technical reason they would be selling since I don't think Spare Card's effect has been changed or nerfed in any real way, and the prizes SHOULD still be there (I haven't traded in my blank cards in a while now).

#4 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:59 AM

The reason is a lot more simple than players coming back:

For the first time ever, transfers from ymir to valkyrie are open. Spare cards have been inflated on valkyrie due to bots banning making the item rare, but not so on ymir. So basically, people is buying spare cards cheap on ymir, transferring to valkyrie, selling "cheap" by valkyrie standard, and making profit.

Eventually spare cards on ymir will go up in price when bots on valkyrie get banned with the transferred spare cards, and spare card is rare on ymir too and spare cards will be overpriced in every server.

Edited by Kadnya, 28 April 2011 - 09:02 AM.

#5 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:05 AM

Seems everyone has a spare card on Ymir and wears it but no one really picks up there blanks? I don't get it.

#6 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:45 AM

I love 'farming' drop chance items and a spare card would be my dream come true. Sadly though I am still too poor to afford them. By the time I have enough zeny to buy one (and a +7 garuda hat) I fear they'll already have gone way up in price again.

#7 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

Seems everyone has a spare card on Ymir and wears it but no one really picks up there blanks? I don't get it.

I remember some discussions like "Valkyrie players are not real players because you don't pay subscription" so you can imagine how their mind work... xD

#8 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:54 AM

I love 'farming' drop chance items and a spare card would be my dream come true. Sadly though I am still too poor to afford them. By the time I have enough zeny to buy one (and a +7 garuda hat) I fear they'll already have gone way up in price again.

you should have enough time to make 30mil before anything dramatic happens with the price of spare cards, the market isn't changing that fast <_<

#9 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:02 AM

30m? On valkyrie I see them going for 80m at the lowest...the most I've ever had at one time is 60m and right now I've less than 20m.

time to grub around in my storage for some valuables, I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users