#226 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

i think is the job thats boring. crit criti criti criti crit all day every day. When you turn GX you're still doing same :waddle: cause the skills suck!!

I kinda like the Guillotine Cross sprite. And don't hate on me typing out the full name either, I have enough typing abbreviations in game.

#227 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

I don't know much about the other classes, otherwise I would say more about them. I do know that Shadow Chasers are a bit way too overpowered in EVERY way from what I've seen, and the fact that they can copy extremely powerful skills and do even MORE damage than the class that they copied it from. I think that the skills they can copy should be limited to a certain damage potential. I also know that in the War of Emperium, Shadow Chasers can solo EXTREMELY powerful guilds, I have seen it, been a part of some that have been ANNIHILATED by a solo Shadow Chaser, using skills such as Fire Trap, that even Rangers couldn't do. You can't hit them, they can give you back ALL your damage, or cause others to damage you, they can COMPLETELY immobilize ANY enemy, even MVPs, and they can basically disable EVERYTHING ONE HUNDRED PERCENT OF THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen it, they can reveal MVPs, they can hide from them (witnessed), they can solo ANYTHING from guilds to entire mobs of enemies to the biggest boss in the game.

You know absolutely nothing about Shadow Chasers if that is what you have to say about them.

#228 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:06 PM

You know absolutely nothing about Shadow Chasers if that is what you have to say about them.

On the contrary, I do know this cause I have witnessed most of it. Maybe the soloing guilds was a bit overexaggerating, but I know all the other things they have done. And the 100% of the time, I have NEVER seen any of their skills fail, even on mvps.

Edited by DestinyTalim, 22 July 2011 - 08:06 PM.

#229 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

Guilds such as Majin and Darklit Brigade were strong in their time, and Shadow Chasers have soloed them. I don't know why they disbanded, but they were powerful guilds during the time they were active.

#230 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:10 PM

Please edit your posts instead of double/triple posting. It'll help keep things tidy. :waddle:

#231 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:17 PM

Please edit your posts instead of double/triple posting. It'll help keep things tidy. :waddle:

You can't be a dragon slayer without dragons.

So true

#232 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:48 PM

On the contrary, I do know this cause I have witnessed most of it. Maybe the soloing guilds was a bit overexaggerating, but I know all the other things they have done. And the 100% of the time, I have NEVER seen any of their skills fail, even on mvps.

Then you should WoE more, because those are all common misconceptions about Chasers. You haven't witnessed enough to be saying all of those things. Masquerade skills are not 100% success. Shadow Form only hurts if people are dumb enough to attack a Chaser. Even then a Chaser is extremely easy to take care of as soon as they use Shadow Form, if your guild provides the correct measures to dispose of them while they are under that SF. A Chaser does not have the ability to deal more damage with the copied skills compared to the class they copied it from. Fire Trap is one major example. If you think a Chaser does more damage with Fire Traps, try fighting a higher leveled Ranger and come back to me on that one. If you think a Chaser has potential to do more damage with Storm Gust than a Warlock can, then come back to me after comparing the two properly.

There is a difference between one person's observations and the facts laid bare. Get to level 150 as an RK before you make an opinion about another class. There is something terribly wrong if a level 150 RK dies to Fire Traps from a Chaser in WoE.

Edited by GuardianTK, 22 July 2011 - 08:51 PM.

#233 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:14 AM

waste of space.

OMG! WHAT LEVEL ARE YOU?
Please do some research before you assume stuff.
Just because "you heard" or "somebody said" that something is powerful doesnt always mean it should apply to everyone.

#234 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:28 AM

Then you should WoE more, because those are all common misconceptions about Chasers. You haven't witnessed enough to be saying all of those things. Masquerade skills are not 100% success. Shadow Form only hurts if people are dumb enough to attack a Chaser. Even then a Chaser is extremely easy to take care of as soon as they use Shadow Form, if your guild provides the correct measures to dispose of them while they are under that SF. A Chaser does not have the ability to deal more damage with the copied skills compared to the class they copied it from. Fire Trap is one major example. If you think a Chaser does more damage with Fire Traps, try fighting a higher leveled Ranger and come back to me on that one. If you think a Chaser has potential to do more damage with Storm Gust than a Warlock can, then come back to me after comparing the two properly.

There is a difference between one person's observations and the facts laid bare. Get to level 150 as an RK before you make an opinion about another class. There is something terribly wrong if a level 150 RK dies to Fire Traps from a Chaser in WoE.

I don't say these things because I've heard them, I have seen them. I don't have a level 150 Rune Knight but I have seen them die to Shadow Chaser's Fire Traps, but not Ranger's. Both in PVP and War of Emperium. I haven't seen a Shadow Chaser use Storm Gust, but I do believe most of them don't get Intelligence. They get Dexterity and Agility, which gives both flee and trap damage. And I know they dont' do more than Warlocks because they can't copy Mystical Amplification, but that is about it.

Oh, and my Rune Knight is only level 132 but I still have seen enough to attest to most of what I have put out.

Edited by DestinyTalim, 23 July 2011 - 04:28 AM.

#235 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:29 AM

I don't say these things because I've heard them, I have seen them. I don't have a level 150 Rune Knight but I have seen them die to Shadow Chaser's Fire Traps, but not Ranger's. Both in PVP and War of Emperium. I haven't seen a Shadow Chaser use Storm Gust, but I do believe most of them don't get Intelligence. They get Dexterity and Agility, which gives both flee and trap damage. And I know they dont' do more than Warlocks because they can't copy Mystical Amplification, but that is about it.

Oh, and my Rune Knight is only level 132 but I still have seen enough to attest to most of what I have put out.

The issue of traps depends of both the chaser and the ranger. I think they deal the same base damage [Except for the "+" bonus of Trap Research], and it's changed by the gears. A Shadow Chaser has access to stronger attack weapons than a Ranger. But I can't say this is the only reason for higher damage.

And just to complement you about the Storm Gust. The best MATK weapon a Chaser can afford is a Bazerald [Until 13.3, now there is Ancient Daggers on purple boxes], and they don't have any MATK% gear [Skull Cap / Deceit do not count D:], so their MATK is lower. But Storm Gust is not used to kill anymore. It's like rainstorming with status arrows. Just to delay the enemies a little. And kill the non-third classes /gg

About Masquerade. The skill has no cast time, its name does not appear [in the head of the chaser] if the skill fails. So it gives the impression of 100% hit, but it's not.

I really need to WOE more, and real WOE [I woe as a linker, so I'm on the castles more to bother than I am to kill] /gg.

#236 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:06 AM

For balancing sake I think gunslinger should get an additional +2000 boost in atk OR regardless of AGI give max aspd given(190 aspd for gunslinger and hopefully 193 for second expanded) when using both gatling fever and last stand together. with -50% flee and immobile and only +220 atk and a+6.5 increase in ASPD(if you combine the aspd boosts with 99 agi).

Gatlings are a stand and fight class. You can't run and chances are your going to get run over in WoE. So gives us slingers a reason to stand and fight <3

#237 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:05 PM

Like I said, there's a difference between what is observed and fact. Just because you've seen it doesn't mean that's the reality of it. As for the 150 RK's dying to Fire Trap, I'd love to see that happen to good players. As it stands, there is not a single good RK who would die to Fire Traps from a Chaser. The ones that did die were probably either not prepared with enough potions or gave up after getting fully divested and unmounted. And a Warlock does not even need to resort to Mystic Amp to even deal that much more damage than a Chaser who happens to copy a skill from them. There is a major difference in Matk weapons that a Chaser has access to compared to the original class it comes from. It's like saying Bowling Bash from a Chaser would hurt more than an RK's Bowling Bash. Now which class has access to stronger weapons for that? The original class that the skill came from does!
And most good WoE Chasers will barely get much Agi at all. They get Vit/Dex/Int before getting to 150. From there they get either Agi or max their Dex. Int doesn't affect spells much in Renewal, Matk weapons do. The best weapon a Chaser would be able to equip at this would would be what asayuu mentioned, the Ancient Dagger. Even then, prior to that it was always the Bazerald. Why would they get that Int if it doesn't serve them though? Oh wait! They get it for natural Frozen immunity!

The issue of traps depends of both the chaser and the ranger. I think they deal the same base damage [Except for the "+" bonus of Trap Research], and it's changed by the gears. A Shadow Chaser has access to stronger attack weapons than a Ranger. But I can't say this is the only reason for higher damage.

And just to complement you about the Storm Gust. The best MATK weapon a Chaser can afford is a Bazerald [Until 13.3, now there is Ancient Daggers on purple boxes], and they don't have any MATK% gear [Skull Cap / Deceit do not count D:], so their MATK is lower. But Storm Gust is not used to kill anymore. It's like rainstorming with status arrows. Just to delay the enemies a little. And kill the non-third classes /gg

About Masquerade. The skill has no cast time, its name does not appear [in the head of the chaser] if the skill fails. So it gives the impression of 100% hit, but it's not.

I really need to WOE more, and real WOE [I woe as a linker, so I'm on the castles more to bother than I am to kill] /gg.

Fire Trap damage is determined by Dex(Heavy modifier to the trap damage)/Base Levels/Int. A Ranger has higher default Dex than compared to a Chaser at all times. Improve Concentration and Owl's Eye both give a Ranger a total of +20 Dex at all times for Fire Trap damage compared to a Chaser would ever have. That and the Trap Research you mentioned. Attack weapons barely have any effect on trap damage, even if it figures into the formula.

Masquerades all have a cast time. Where have you been? Full Divest is the only disabling skill they have that doesn't have a cast time though if that's what you're thinking about.

The point stands about Storm Gust from a Chaser vs a Warlock though. A Warlock at all times will simply deal way more damage than a Chaser would, because it's their own skill.

Edited by GuardianTK, 23 July 2011 - 12:08 PM.

#238 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

JEEEEEZ you should stop playing with those RK's. They're probably afk after a recall or something. It's hard to die to firetrap even if you're afk in woe. It BARELY tickles. That's pathetic.

#239 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

Like I said, there's a difference between what is observed and fact. Just because you've seen it doesn't mean that's the reality of it. As for the 150 RK's dying to Fire Trap, I'd love to see that happen to good players. As it stands, there is not a single good RK who would die to Fire Traps from a Chaser. The ones that did die were probably either not prepared with enough potions or gave up after getting fully divested and unmounted. And a Warlock does not even need to resort to Mystic Amp to even deal that much more damage than a Chaser who happens to copy a skill from them. There is a major difference in Matk weapons that a Chaser has access to compared to the original class it comes from. It's like saying Bowling Bash from a Chaser would hurt more than an RK's Bowling Bash. Now which class has access to stronger weapons for that? The original class that the skill came from does!
And most good WoE Chasers will barely get much Agi at all. They get Vit/Dex/Int before getting to 150. From there they get either Agi or max their Dex. Int doesn't affect spells much in Renewal, Matk weapons do. The best weapon a Chaser would be able to equip at this would would be what asayuu mentioned, the Ancient Dagger. Even then, prior to that it was always the Bazerald. Why would they get that Int if it doesn't serve them though? Oh wait! They get it for natural Frozen immunity!

Fire Trap damage is determined by Dex(Heavy modifier to the trap damage)/Base Levels/Int. A Ranger has higher default Dex than compared to a Chaser at all times. Improve Concentration and Owl's Eye both give a Ranger a total of +20 Dex at all times for Fire Trap damage compared to a Chaser would ever have. That and the Trap Research you mentioned. Attack weapons barely have any effect on trap damage, even if it figures into the formula.

Masquerades all have a cast time. Where have you been? Full Divest is the only disabling skill they have that doesn't have a cast time though if that's what you're thinking about.

The point stands about Storm Gust from a Chaser vs a Warlock though. A Warlock at all times will simply deal way more damage than a Chaser would, because it's their own skill.

If I can observe it, then it is a fact. There may be other facts involved that I may not know about, but observation of certain things does show there are a fact. And the high Intelligence doesn't give immunity to frozen, just a higher chance of not getting frozen, I have been frozen with 120 Intelligence, higher with equipment and buffs. And Shadow Chasers have a few Archer skills, I don't remember which ones, but they have almost half the Archer skill tree, however small it may be. I think I might make one to see for myself, and I feel most of this will happen.

#240 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

JEEEEEZ you should stop playing with those RK's. They're probably afk after a recall or something. It's hard to die to firetrap even if you're afk in woe. It BARELY tickles. That's pathetic.

And I'm not afk those times. I have not died to a Ranger's Fire Trap yet, but a Shadow Chaser killed me with it AFTER I reset to Dragon Breath build, and I'm lvl 132. I was level 109 and the Ranger was 150 and didn't kill me.

#241 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

If I can observe it, then it is a fact. There may be other facts involved that I may not know about, but observation of certain things does show there are a fact. And the high Intelligence doesn't give immunity to frozen, just a higher chance of not getting frozen, I have been frozen with 120 Intelligence, higher with equipment and buffs. And Shadow Chasers have a few Archer skills, I don't remember which ones, but they have almost half the Archer skill tree, however small it may be. I think I might make one to see for myself, and I feel most of this will happen.

This will be the 3rd time I will tell you this: There's a difference between what is observed and fact. Just because you've seen it doesn't mean that's the reality of it. 100 total Int at level 150 is a natural Frozen status immunity. Get it into your head that level differences play a role in status immunity. Of course you're going to get Frozen even with that much Int if someone else at a higher level than you attempts to Freeze you. Try getting your hands on Ice Creams. You won't Freeze yourself if you've got more than 100int.

You're also wrong about the Archer skill tree. Try playing a Chaser for once before you form misconceptions about them.

#242 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

So what direction are we going now?

#243 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:58 AM

I think we are static.

#244 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:00 PM

Downhill.

#245 Fanny

Fanny

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:47 PM

rock bottom.

#246 Wazza

Wazza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

And I'm not afk those times. I have not died to a Ranger's Fire Trap yet, but a Shadow Chaser killed me with it AFTER I reset to Dragon Breath build, and I'm lvl 132. I was level 109 and the Ranger was 150 and didn't kill me.

Maybe you should start frapsing stuff, so we can determine if you are actually as bad as most people currently think, or you are talking the truth. What you see and what you tell is us open to interpretation, obviously I don't need to tell you that you can see whatever you like and say whatever you like about it.

But anyway, go Fire Trap me Ifrit or Valk, then come back and have a chat. Oh and go do it by yourself, Shadow Chasers are that great right? Got that Fraps? Good boy!

Also, the 150 Ranger could just be bad =P or you could be lying. I will however give you this, Flying Jump Kick makes Chasers good with Fire trap, it's FJK that arguably makes Chasers better than Rangers with it. But if you are dying to it from either class as a Rune Knight you are bad, lagging or very slow witted. Pot faster. Chasers are generally easy to counter, or outright ignore. I can understand an Arch Bishop being killed by surprise but an RK?

#247 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:00 AM

But you're just wrong...it doesn't matter what you're observed, you're saying things that go against well-documented data that's been known since pre renewal! It's a well known fact that Shadow chasers do not kill people. They cannot get better damage with their copied skills due to not having access to any masteries or magic attack weapons/other bonuses compared to the original classes. Their strength lies only in disabling people, and even then their skills will and can fail based on a %chance on similarly levelled players. Manhole is the strongest thing about shadow chasers and that alone will not get them kills without team support unless they want to limit themselves to using hunter traps alongside it.

Rangers naturally do more damage than shadow chasers with fire trap due to having trap mastery. A ranger will generally do about 8k per trap, wheras a chaser gets somewhere near 6 or 7k.

As for archer skill tree, chasers get remove trap and double strafe. That's all.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 27 July 2011 - 02:03 AM.

#248 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:34 PM

If Planet Ragnarok has it's Holiday, it's critical that such Celebration is Updated.

1- Defeating Monsters may drop special idems which can be purchase on the Market Block, but not every monster will drop an idem.

I'll visit this idea in due time. It's not time yet... :P

#249 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

This thread bring me some hope about the state of ragnarok, cause since renewal, I don't expect finding much more fun into ragnarok, I play since beta always enjoyed my time
but, everything I liked seem removed now,

I liked high challenge, when people had to form group and thinking about a strategy to mvp or woeing, I though gravity was going into the good way when they were making new AI for monster but sadly we never saw this.

I though gravity would fix all the problem they had without changing the entire game, but I was wrong I guess. I don't think everything they done was needed.

People don't stop arguing about nerfing this and that, bring more power to that and that class, I hate when RO nerf everything, when you do something you must do it right, so you won't have to repair errors after and make people mad/quit.

#250 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:32 AM

Well it's taking forever, like normal.

I'm not even playing it because I've grown slightly bored of it. Eden Eternal seems more appealing.

When iRO comes out with new content I'll check it out. Until then.. maybe some leveling sessions, not much else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users