30 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:12 PM

USRC Registrations are up, and the USRC client is available! Come on over and sign up and download. With that client you can access Sakray for USRC practice or to putz around in the big world in pre-renewal.

Here is the links for the appropriate things.

http://www.playragnarok.com/news/eventdetail.aspx?id=86

#2 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:17 PM

I really like that you put in a gear list.

#3 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:30 PM

let's say im not in the US and say for example, my team won the USRC, will gravity US pay for my plane tickets? or will that disqualify me?

what are the rules/terms for non-US citizen?

Edited by iCandy, 28 April 2011 - 06:45 PM.

#4 NinjaMaster

NinjaMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

my team registered on tuesday and still havent got no word of confirmation or anything. also on the USRC client the zeny npc is not there

#5 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

I always thought you needed to be in the US to participate. I think I read that in last year's USRC Rules. (Me being a non-US player as well)

#6 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:45 PM

I'd assume they'd allow non-US players to participate. This is the international server after all, and you don't get much further away from S. Korea than the US.

Where is the NPC for USRC practice? Why is it that whenever I try to make a character I am told I am not eligable to make one?

#7 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:14 PM

The USRC area has no zeny NPC so we are kinda stuck there with 0 zeny to buy gears and reset builds and stuff <_<

#8 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

Today I am making some changes to the NPCs that level you up before spitting you into the izlude area. This will fix the zeny issue.

The stat resetter will be on always and will also reset your zeny to 10,000,000

As for the "ineligible to create" I really don't know what the heck is wrong with it. It works for some, not for others, its not a VIP status or anything either.

#9 Luckie

Luckie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:37 PM

Heim! How am I supposed to enjoy the world that was pre-renewal for the short time we have it, if the PVP waiting area is down! My character is stuck in there <_< . Any chance you can get it up? Thanks.

#10 OgamiItto

OgamiItto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada
  • Server:Ymir, ,Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:06 PM

Went on last night, created a character (Dr. Atomic, merchant) and played for about an hour and a half. I got the "ineligible to open character slot" error, but was still able to create the character and play. Having discovered that it's not like the last time I played on Sakray, with reset NPCs and NPCs selling cards and equips and zeny, I'm trying to create a sin (Omerta) and rogue (LeChuck) to get stuff for my merch, but I got that error for both those chars, and when I try to connect on either of them, I get a "Failed to connect to server" error. I'm able to log onto Dr. Atomic though.

Also, the /nc command doesn't work. I get "Invalid command" or something similar when I try to use it. Ctrl+click still works as normal though.

I'm not doing USRC, just enjoying the high exp/drop rate server, if that makes a difference. Cuz on the regular servers I've been playing almost 7 years and still don't have a trans char.

Edit1:
Dr. Atomic is now stuck. I tried to enter Payon Forest 08, got disconnected, and now can't log onto that char. Guessing that map is down during USRC. Tried making chars on another account. First one (Rhygin, rogue)was created successfully, but when I tried to log on, it said the slot is not useable (vip thing? the account I used above is VIP, but the second one I tried isn't)) Tried another (Benitora, sader), several slots over, and got the same "ineligible" message as above when trying to go on the char.

Edit2:
Made another char (Jason Bourne) on the main account, in the slot before the merch. Wasn't able to get on him at first, but eventually I did. But after leveling him for a while, I tried to take the airship to lhz (from Izlude). But the client crashed, and now crashes every time I try to go on him.

Edit3: Adding charnames for clarity.
As of about 4:30am...
Dr. Atomic is no longer stuck. I was able to get through that map to level him in smokies and elder willows. Jason Bourne was still stuck. I was now able to log onto LeChuck, and got as far as finishing his thief job change. Note that Jason Bourne and LeChuck are 4 slots apart; Dr. Atomic is in between, adjacent to Jason Bourne.

As of 1:43pm...
I just checked, and was able to log onto both Rhygin and Benitora (note that they are also 4 slots apart), and Omerta, but Jason Bourne is still stuck (client crashing with an error handler...no debugger though, even though I have Visual Studio 2010 installed).

Edit4:
As of 11:25pm...
LeChuck is now stuck in Lighthalzen airship station. I found the acolyte warp NPC that let me get him there...but I saved there while hunting, and then couldn't warp back. Tried the airship and got the same result as Jason Bourne, as soon as I entered the station.

Any chance of at least getting those 2 chars booted back to their save points, so the client doesn't crash when I try to go on them?

Edited by OgamiItto, 30 April 2011 - 10:31 PM.

#11 DragonlordHavoc

DragonlordHavoc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMckinney,texas

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

I am trying to get on sakray to setup and practice my character for the pvp and can not get in to the maps or anything I get to character creator but no farther why is sakray only for vips or what pls let me know my guild is wanting to do it but can decide until we can see who can get on or what character they built.

#12 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:49 PM

We are working on the issue of not able to make characters.

IT seems it isn't "making them" properly. By default the first 3 slots should be available (VIP shouldn't matter).

But trying multiple times made the character eventually for me.

#13 OgamiItto

OgamiItto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:19 PM

It's kinda hard to tell which slots are the first 3 though, as all 9 show as available.

#14 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:11 PM

Are we going to be creating our own characters for USRC this year or will you be sending us logins as usual?

#15 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:55 AM

USRC Registrations are up, and the USRC client is available! Come on over and sign up and download. With that client you can access Sakray for USRC practice or to putz around in the big world in pre-renewal.

Here is the links for the appropriate things.

http://www.playragnarok.com/news/eventdetail.aspx?id=86

are non-US players eligible to join? as it is not stated in the rules.

#16 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:57 AM

Once you purchase poison bottles or bombs, it doesn't let you buy anymore, even if you have used them. Please implement a resetter of some sort, thanks!

#17 NinjaMaster

NinjaMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

Why cant GMs get anything right, sakray is bugged, sometimes when you log on you cant move or do anything and have to relog. this happens when i go to the training arena, first log in, move for a few seconds. you guys want us to practice for USRC but release a bugged client

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:53 PM

Try tabbing out and back in (I have that problem with the normal client)

#19 Aero

Aero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:15 PM

Only problem I have is that, when playing on a small/medium screen ro (not full screen) my mouse pointer exits ro without me tabbing etc. Afaik, I never had this issue on the normal client. Just the usrc sakray one.

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:49 AM

Only problem I have is that, when playing on a small/medium screen ro (not full screen) my mouse pointer exits ro without me tabbing etc. Afaik, I never had this issue on the normal client. Just the usrc sakray one.

There's a dll file in the RO folder called dinput.dll, try moving that out of the folder (rather than deleting it just in case) and that should keep the cursor in the window.

I personally like the fact the mouse exits the window.

#21 OgamiItto

OgamiItto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

There don't seem to be any empty bottles here. Neither dropped by monsters nor sold by NPCs. Might be available from OBBs/OPBs, but haven't gotten any from them. Also, swordsman job change area was non-functional last night.

#22 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

sick prizes br0

#23 TSTitle52

TSTitle52

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:08 PM

I haven't got any confirmation email about my team yet? I sent the ticket last saturday. so what should i do?

#24 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:08 AM

I haven't got any confirmation email about my team yet? I sent the ticket last saturday. so what should i do?

What was the ticket number?

#25 TSTitle52

TSTitle52

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

oh never mind, my team name is in the other post already =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users