Customer Request to Heim - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 10 votes

Customer Request to Heim

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#26 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:24 PM

1,000 dollars on that? No, this is an open letter to admit your insanity and addiction... don't know how else to put that

#27 arsn89

arsn89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationMassfag

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

wow I only have 30 dollars until I get my next paycheck next week. All that has to go to gas or else there is no other way to get to my classes. The only food I eat are the foods that I mooch off our community's pantry.

Nice to know theres people in the world that can throw down 1000$ on pixel and memory. :)

#28 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:30 PM

arsn89 : many of us have been there as well. RO came out when I was in college, I was quite broke all the time. I washed peoples cars for enough money to pay for my game subscriptions. Now I have a bit of disposable income but lack the time to play as much as i would like. I think and hope that some day the little things you enjoy that cost a little bit won't be a huge concern for you. I don't consider $1000 a little, but the idea of spending money on something you enjoy shouldn't be the concern.

#29 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

arsn89 : many of us have been there as well. RO came out when I was in college, I was quite broke all the time. I washed peoples cars for enough money to pay for my game subscriptions. Now I have a bit of disposable income but lack the time to play as much as i would like. I think and hope that some day the little things you enjoy that cost a little bit won't be a huge concern for you. I don't consider $1000 a little, but the idea of spending money on something you enjoy shouldn't be the concern.

I'm not trying to be a hode-rider or nothing, but, I hope you get at least an hour more time to play every now and then

#30 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:46 PM

More slotted Acct bound midgears are potentially viable items, but I do want your understanding that if they are put in it can't be because someone had bad luck on the random die roll. SSunnies were rare, and intended to be rare in the Lucky Box, some players got the jack pot and some didn't. I sincerely hope that the other items you acquired meet with your satisfaction and are not looked at as the unwanted love children between you and the Easter Pack, if they are its best to sell them or trade them to the item orphanage owner "Boxter" to keep from hurting their delicate psychy.

+1 like this post

wow I only have 30 dollars until I get my next paycheck next week. All that has to go to gas or else there is no other way to get to my classes. The only food I eat are the foods that I mooch off our community's pantry.

Nice to know theres people in the world that can throw down 1000$ on pixel and memory. :)

i threw down 150$ last box event, but seeing as there are others less fortunate + our economy is ass makes me greatful for what i have...and its a reminder that i need to keep going on my artwork to make it better so i can get my dream job

Edited by Cubical, 12 May 2011 - 02:48 PM.

#31 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

Holy :)! I wish I had 1000 bucks to spend like that. Though honestly I wouldn't be spending it on ro. Mama wants a new camera. DSLR Plox! -rubs hands together-
Honestly your own foolishness.

#32 Pylfer

Pylfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:00 PM

Holy :)! I wish I had 1000 bucks to spend like that. Though honestly I wouldn't be spending it on ro. Mama wants a new camera. DSLR Plox! -rubs hands together-
Honestly your own foolishness.

How's about his?

There's a $1000 investment... literally, just an investment. Practically a down payment.

#33 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

i spent 30$ on a orchid for my mother and bought a 200$ hauppauge HD PVR for me

http://www.homestead...ystique-orchid/

my 30$ was well worth it :)

#34 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:27 PM

How's about his?

There's a $1000 investment... literally, just an investment. Practically a down payment.

lol nice, but too much overkill. Hoping to get my hands on a Nikon D90 someday. right now don't have much money to spare.

#35 DeadlySinner

DeadlySinner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

BestBuy not too long ago had a deal for like 700 with an extra 50-300 lens (can't remember),battery and pouch, D90 XLR I believe? May want to keep an eye around for that camera :)

#36 Snowaeth

Snowaeth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

What is a lot and what not really depends on how you look at things :)

Often this kind of money ain't spent or earned in 1 go

So here's another question if you spend $150 on groceries is that a lot?
Now in 4 weeks you spend $600 on groceries, is that a lot?
In 56 weeks you spend $8400 is that a lot?

You wouldn't want to spend $8400 on groceries o_0

But spread over a year that $8400 sounds a lot less then if you'd pay it in 1 go

So if you'r spending let's say 20% of ya paycheck on entertainment is that a lot?
What if 20% of your paycheck is $1400
What if 20% of your paycheck is $50

What if your bills cost you $300 a month and you earn $350 a month?
What if you bills cost you $300 a month but you earn $3500 a month?

#37 arsn89

arsn89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationMassfag

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:04 PM

But spread over a year that $8400 sounds a lot less then if you'd pay it in 1 go

So if you'r spending let's say 20% of ya paycheck on entertainment is that a lot?

ok but the lucky box event went on for a month, the op clearly stated he/she spent 1000$ on the lucky box event alone not in the course of a year.

#38 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:11 PM

Groceries used to be cheaper =(

#39 Snowaeth

Snowaeth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

Well can still fit in 2 paychecks in a month with a bit of good event timing :)

But really depending on how much money comes into your pockets to what someone finds a lot and what not :o

I mean if ya get 10000 in 1 hour and the other guy gets 1000 in 1 hour and ya both spend 20% of it, you both spent same time getting that amount so the effort would be the same, yet your share of the effort is worth 10x as much B)

Anyway just saying the same old thing, life's unfair :P

#40 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:33 PM

this is nothing compared to some players on private servers, where the amount of real money spent is a bragging right.

anyway, if you are spending tons of cash for a game that not only waste your time and also does not bring any long term benefits, then quit now... for your own sake.

#41 blitzrick

blitzrick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

There is a Glasses[1] in the May Lucky Box. Try $2000 this time, good luck.

#42 Pylfer

Pylfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

There is a Glasses[1] in the May Lucky Box. Try $2000 this time, good luck.

Hahaha, nice

#43 Agonizing

Agonizing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3238 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

Or you can put a chat stating that you're T>100k WPE for a made god item or an MVP card/carded gear. At least you know that you didn't really waste $1000 on alot of useless crap :o

#44 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:53 AM

I say if he wants to spend 1000 bucks go for it. Who knows how hard he worked for that money, so shouldnt he be allowed to spend it as he wished. I havent spent nearly as much at one time but every so often when lucky boxes come out I usually spend about 40-50bucks on them. I never really get anything i want out of lucky boxes cause i have terrible luck but i end up selling all the crap from the boxes and make 100-200mil in zenny. (i only do lucky box event to get KVM badges)

BTW FU lucky boxes for never giving me KVM badges!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users