Cat's Brynhild Goal - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 15 votes

Cat's Brynhild Goal

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#26 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:35 AM

Yay! Congratulations. [: Something like that is a tough goal for me.. BECAUSE I'm super lazy and don't care enough. Lol But it'd be awesome to have one. Maybe one day!

#27 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:42 AM

Thank you for everyones congradulations! I'm still waiting for the name to be changed on my Brynhild, but I'm so relieved and happy. I updated the orginal post with screenshots from the run...thanks again!

The Brynhild [0] will be called "The Cat's Brynhild"

Btw, why the hell is my dopple a female swordman!?

Edited by WanderingCat, 02 May 2011 - 10:25 AM.

#28 Zenosbleed

Zenosbleed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationiRO Yggdrasil
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:15 AM

Officially the best player in the world.

#29 Berserker

Berserker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:22 AM

Congratulations! great work Cat!

#30 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:53 AM

Thank you for everyones congradulations! I'm still waiting for the name to be changed on my Brynhild, but I'm so relieved and happy. I updated the orginal post with screenshots from the run...thanks again!

The Brynhild [0] will be called "The Cat's Brynhild"

#31 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

Okolnir was never made with the thought of having a Novice enter there. All the summon monsters are First classes or higher.

Edited by AtlasThunderbeef, 02 May 2011 - 12:49 PM.

#32 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:34 PM

Can somebody post the link where she posts how she did this. Im interested in knowing the plan but can't find the thread. Is there a step by step guide to this? If not, that would be a great thread to start Cat. I just can't imagine this being done in a year. Spending no real money. Did you get a lot of donations? lol.

#33 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

Okolnir was never made with the thought of having a Novice enter there. All the summon monsters are First classes or higher.

...or they know the true secret of Cat! j/k

Can somebody post the link where she posts how she did this. Im interested in knowing the plan but can't find the thread. Is there a step by step guide to this? If not, that would be a great thread to start Cat. I just can't imagine this being done in a year. Spending no real money. Did you get a lot of donations? lol.

I recieved a good portion of donations, but it only made up about 1/4 of the Brynhild funds. I earned about 400mil from hunting and selling. I used that 400mil and "invested" in the first raffle we had where you would spend 80k for 80x WSS or win a MCA. This was before "Buy Shops" so people in a hurry would just dump their WSS on the floor and I would pick it up.

I opened the MCAs I got 2x Bloody Knight Cards that help contribute to the fund. I sold the WSS later for more zeny. I used to clean up Dead Branches in Goat Field, South Prontera, and Alligator Field and found rare items occasionally like Bowman Scarf and Cross Shield when they are worth more...

Anyways, in short, I hunted and sold items to make zeny, used that zeny and invested by buying and reselling. Used the 2nd Raffle and heavily invested in WSS and won around 8x MCAs and sold those. Utilized the Green Ale St. Patrick's Day event and actually any holiday event made a lot of zeny and sold overupgraded equipment. I realized it took zeny to make zeny. Although I did use some Lucky Box items, it did no drive the fund and was less than 1/4th of the fund.

Thanks again for everyones comments!

#34 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

I want to see the brynhild in your equipment window ~!

#35 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

I want to see the brynhild in your equipment window ~!

After name change!

#36 idreami

idreami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationAround West Prontera Kafra

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:21 PM

GRATZ CAT!! now u have ur bryn! i remember how u show me ur bryn materials xD from being completed.. nice job!

#37 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:31 AM

This is a great story Cat. Congrats.

Its cool to know it can be done if I set my mind to it. I probably haven't made 7bil in this game and spend real money. lol

Just earning your first 400mil through hunting and selling? Your a high novice right? I don't know much about a high novice(like what they can hunt and kill). I know the market has crashed and stuff use to go for more but that had to be tough even. I can kill low level MVP's with my characters(Sura and RG) but couldn't imagine how long it would take me to make 400mil off just their drops unless I got a card(market sucks now though). The places where I level gives me stuff to sell but prices have dropped so low. I probably have 30 stone bucklers, 30 morrigane's helms, 30 morpheous hoods, ect... When I put them in vend they sell for nothing now or don't sell at all. Spending no real money for convex mirrors, HEBG, and pots would make it even more difficult. Not saying it would be impossible but tough. You must have some really good friends that would party with you and give you drops. Also a good bit of luck. At the low the market is now I bet I could still make 400mil off drops and hunting in a few months(maybe lol).

The rest of your plan seems really good. Take advantage of what the game gives you. You siezed the opportunities when they came. Im paying the price right now for not hunting ales. I just need to play the game smarter.

#38 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

Grats <3

edit:

all your chars are novices, correct? That's super fantastic that you made your god item from scratch. I hope you'll inspire others and show them that all it takes is a bit of determination and a lot of time for anyone with enough desire to own a god item if they wish!

Edited by Xellie, 03 May 2011 - 09:18 AM.

#39 Cryslia

Cryslia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:07 AM

yes grats

#40 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:50 AM

It was a real pleasure to help with your Bryn. I'm happy to have been a part of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users