doreyray

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationWiscompton
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Hammy

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:35 AM

Okay, so if I decide to wear just one magic jewel (lvl 75-79), to increase scrit, and scad, which one should it be, and is it worth it to sacrifice the physical damage from phys jewel?

#2 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:40 AM

I wouldn't do it. Seems like taking two steps forward and one step back. Just enchant scrit/scad into a physical jewel.

#3 doreyray

doreyray

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationWiscompton

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:46 AM

You know, I have done that, but I have experimented with a rare magic jewel, a necklace +10. I was wondering if any other WL's have experimented with it, and had good results?

#4 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:47 AM

Yep, do it with enchants would be the best option.

But if was a jewel, from the start you must discard the rings, and bracelets, leaving the choice between belt, earrings and necklance. The earrings wouldnt be a good idea because the physical ones give con, and the belt gives hp and dont give crit. Then the best option would be the necklance that give crit, add crit dmg and dex (in the case of the physical one).

#5 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:52 AM

If you want more scad i'd get it from armor. Which means you'd want a Madness set.

#6 doreyray

doreyray

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationWiscompton

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, one of these days I will start collecting a Madness set. If I were CS-_-, I would have one already lol. It will be a lot of raiding, and trading to get my set.

#7 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:06 AM

Yeah...I want Fascination and Resolute and they both drop from the same boss >_<

#8 doreyray

doreyray

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationWiscompton

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:14 AM

We will have to raid together some time then.

#9 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:06 AM

Yeah...I want Fascination and Resolute and they both drop from the same boss >_<

trading resolute shoulder for wp

#10 k6i6r6a

k6i6r6a

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:47 PM

i rather use all phy jewels on my WL.

#11 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:12 PM

I like to use all the jewels with Skill Crit in them which means I mix them between physical and magic. Don't have much use for Physical Crit since I 100% skill spam. CON also is not a huge loss for me. 5HP per con really isn't alot. When you are talking about adding 1% Skill Crit when you have 14% Skill crit, its alot more effective overall then adding a few points of physical.

#12 Gragor

Gragor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:07 AM

I've wondered about the loss of additional damage, though. Magic Damage doesn't help out Warlords, but Physical Damage sure does. Any thoughts?

#13 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:15 AM

Well, one can make a mix and only replace the jewels that give crit and additional crit for the magic versions, and then enchant the jewels with skill crit or a mix of skill crit and scad (depending on the items you have). In that case one would end with 4 physical jewels and 4 magical ones. Will lose some hp and physical dmg but will win some skill crit and scad.

#14 doreyray

doreyray

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationWiscompton

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:13 AM

I didn't plan on an even mix. I think I would lose too much physical damGe that way. I am currently using all phys except
a dawn necklace that has scrit And scad that plusses with each reinforcement. I switch back to a bijou necklace when i will be using AA, which is seldom. I will continue to experiment, and update my success/failures. Thanx for all the feedback guys.

#15 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

The reasoning is alot more mathematical. When you crit you deal 2x damage. So in essence 14% skill crit would mean you deal 114% damage average. These means each % you increase skill crit is a % you increase your physical damage. If you increase skill crit to 5%, that means you deal 5% more damage average...

With Warlords we comfortably deal over 1000 damage in our 70's. That means each % in skill crit adds atleast 10 damage to your average output. But then again you are only using Earrings and Necklace.

#16 Addonexus

Addonexus

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

I am after scad too, as I don't have a scad armor set except the 65 FOC lol. I am interested in maximizing scad and scrit so, I can crit often, and have a high damage output. At level 76 my highest crits (not PB) are in the 4 to 5k range. I usually crit 1 out of every 3 to four hits. Sometimes my regular damage with my land tremor is 4k. Now, with PB I have seen some 7k crits, but more often 4 to 6k. I am strictly speaking mobs here btw (unless you count pvp with toons 10 to 20 lvls lower than me, I hit them like the are mobs) PVP I can easily hit for 1 to 2k on just about anyone depending on gears and whatnot. How about this. Can any 79 Successful WL's here list the jewels you wear, and their pluses, and enchants for me?

#17 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

Whats a successful WL?

#18 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

Whats a successful WL?

lvl 10 bear like stamina + maxed dna.

#19 Hymeteron

Hymeteron

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:24 PM

lvl 10 bear like stamina + maxed dna.

not, that would be only a stupid buffbitch.

#20 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:26 PM

WL is a stupid buff-_- otherwise you would have more than 1 wl in raid if they were good at anything else

#21 Gragor

Gragor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:58 AM

o.O

#22 doreyray

doreyray

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationWiscompton

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:35 AM

I dunno, during all the raids I am on, I stand right up there with the tank, and attack. If the healers are on point, I am fine.

#23 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

Well. My WL previously used a +15 SL ID set that was HP enchanted. Mainly because I was too lazy to make a set for it and borrowed it from my druid. All I really cared about was not dieing during raids...so it was fine for me. On the last event I only made him a +10 Charm set and enchanted with .3/.3% xeons. Still do fine in raids and it was cheap.

To me my WL isn't worth making super OP with awesome DPS. It does it's job in raids buffing and debuffing. If you are wanting to make some nice DPS...it is possible($$$)...though imo if you really want more DPS then go zerker...but I still don't think using any magic jewels is worth it.

The stats of a +30 Frantic Necklace would be:

38 dmg
76 dex
2.63% crit
70 cad

and +30 Daybreak:

38 magic dmg
76 int
2.63% scrit
70 scad

if Frantic crits: 76 dmg

if Daybreak crits: 70 dmg

if Frantic doesn't crit you still get your 38 dmg...not so much with the Daybreak. The only advantage to Daybreak would be 2.63% scrit. And if you don't crit at least the Frantic is still increasing that non crit's dmg.

Then take into consideration that honestly...what WL during a raid skill spams the entire time? Dunno about you but i'm lazy. I AA most of the time. With no costume I have like 980 mana...I have to pot after like 4-5 attacks....or after buffs and like 2 attacks. If theres a tempest there with haste then I get 1.1 atk speed and can take advantage of the cad on crits. Even if there isn't a tempest...eh...oh well i'm already giving the party useful buffs and lowering the boss's defense.

I say no to magic jewels

#24 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:13 PM

ofc stand next to tank and attack...only idiot wl buff only, only raid i see as exeption is lw if you don't have high resist

#25 k6i6r6a

k6i6r6a

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:33 PM

my jewels are +15 with 8/8 0.5% scrit they are all phy lvl 74/75 jewels i forget the name. and i think i have 51.6% scrit once i come back to game i might get a sword not sure yet cause i have low dmg with the blud.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users