Crit Clarification for Renewal - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Crit Clarification for Renewal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:05 AM

Hi there -

My guildmates and I have been having a drawn-out discussion about Critical Hit Rate in Renewal and want to get some clarification from those that may know. So far, I have done searches all over the internet/forums and haven't found anything conclusive.

According to the iRO Wiki:
Critical Hit Rate: Your critical hit rating, which increases damage by 40%. Offensive Skills do not take CRIT into account except for a few exceptions like Focused Arrow Strike. Critical Hit also ignores Flee but not Perfect Dodge nor Def.

The Offensive Skills list on the Wiki does not include Double Attack or Raging Trifecta Blow.

The skill description on Wiki for Double Attack states:
Skill has higher priority over Critical attacks.

But there is nothing on the skill description for Raging Trifecta Blow that mentions Crit.

My guildmate thought that Crit ignores Def (but wasn't sure with Renewal changes), and that if you did have high crit, the crit damage would cancel out your regular hit damage, thereby preventing Raging Trifecta from triggering as frequently as it should for the skill level you may have. We weren't sure if this was the case for Double Attack as well.

Other forums have mentioned that Trifecta actually overrides crit hits, but I can't find anything that solidly states, with testing/evidence, what the true case is here, especially for Renewal.

Any help or enlightenment on the matter would be great! Does anyone know a good source for documentation of changes to Crit for Renewal? Doddler's Future Wiki seems to be down at this time or I would search there...

Edited by Nilami, 30 April 2011 - 09:06 AM.

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

In Renewal, Crit damage is indeed reduced by Defense now. There was a Ranger who did less than 100 damage per Crit on an RG stacked with high defense equips. >.> It's kind of a good thing though, because not everything has high defense in Renewal. This in turn boosts the damage Crits can potentially do on low defense monsters compared to what they used to offer back in Pre-renewal.

I've no idea about Raging Trifecta blow, because I haven't heard anything about Crits with it. Double Attack does override Crits though. It's always a bad idea to consider Chick Hat/Snake Head Hat a good equipment combination for SinX/GX's who are built for doing Crit attacks.

#3 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:13 PM

I'm sure I do Crit on my RTB as a Monk.

Whoops, rly ? My bad >_<"

Edited by Pyrasia, 07 May 2011 - 09:11 AM.

#4 Mutoh

Mutoh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:37 AM

...the crit damage would cancel out your regular hit damage, thereby preventing Raging Trifecta from triggering as frequently as it should for the skill level you may have. We weren't sure if this was the case for Double Attack as well.

Other forums have mentioned that Trifecta actually overrides crit hits, but I can't find anything that solidly states, with testing/evidence, what the true case is here, especially for Renewal.

Trifecta overrides crits for triggering.

Source: My combo sura and his hat with vanberk card :wub: .

EDIT: Added a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve2tmoRYXWQ

Edited by Mutoh, 01 May 2011 - 03:25 AM.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:05 AM

Double Attack and RTB (and any similar skills) proc while attacking and replace your normal attack (regardless of whether that swing would crit) with the skill. They do not crit.

This is like it has always been.

Changes to crit damage calculation are as others have said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users