Why kasa turn in fails. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

Why kasa turn in fails.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

Comparing it to dragons:

- Level restriction, most people arent 120 sadly.
- You need a minimum of gears like fire armors.
- Kasa numbers are low (you could get 4 or 5 dragon turn ins on a nice party).
- Difficulty wise they aren't even comparable, killing dragons was like mobbing orcs...

So next time you try a new map (which I apreciate since dragons was so boring after many events there) please consider adjusting the exp so you can get AT LEAST around the same exp according to the challenge those monsters represent

#2 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:23 PM

I wish @ base 100+ ppl can also do this... /swt

#3 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

Kasa turn in was revised during maintenance, but sincerely it doesn't feel much like an event. Excluding ocassional one or two people around from time to time, I believe the map is empty most of the time. I would be oki with not being an event, but I can't stop thinking that heim or other GMs might think that they "made an event for levels 120- 150", and then, take more time to bring an useful event, maybe some months before a new turn in or event aimed towards those levels.

And even then, it might be just like the kasa turn in >>. An event that goes unused because there is no change after several people told the obvious: if the event is worse than the normal no event options, the event will go unused.

Kasas are kinda fun to poke solo from time to time, but... sigh for having the events left unchecked and empty...

Posted Image

#4 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

Is the exp even worth it?

#5 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

Nupe. If you are a killer looking to level, you will get faster exp in your normal leveling spot. Turn in is a little extra exotic leveling you could do with a friend for fun, but as leveling method, it is slower than normal leveling.

Plus, if you are not VIP, you will get [b]less[b] exp than you would normally get without the event. With VIP you will get the same exp than without the event. Also, without VIP you will lose time or (in the ideal case that you would somehow have a party) de-synchronize with party turn ins, unlike what happens at dragons, for example. The turn in npc is in an obscure place for non VIP, the exp is low for the time it takes, the kasa spawn is increased but the natural kasa density is low, etc...

Edited by Kadnya, 30 April 2011 - 08:32 PM.

#6 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:30 PM

Seems fine to me.

#7 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:30 PM

The exp is the same exp you would get for killing that amount of monsters. If you already levelled at kasas before, then it's essentially just a triple spawn event and it'll be slightly better for you. For all else, no.

#8 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:57 AM

Been partying there with guild for a few hours. Exp is fine. Killing kasas isn't hard. People in party have been saying its better than dragons, so idk.

#9 Alorien

Alorien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

I kind of like Kasa the way it is.
Sure, it's not the easy train to 150, can't even be compared to the usual high level turn in events, but it's a great way to earn some extra experience while hunting for rares.

I wouldn't even mind if the kasa turn in remains even after the event. Of course, kasas should give normal experience again at that point.
It would be a nice way to casually make use of turn in quests. (As in, the turn in is an after thought, a little extra reward, not the main reason why you go to the dungeon.) Plus the turn in experience would make up for the otherwise poor exp per kill when one takes the difficulty of the monsters in Thors into consideration.

#10 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:59 PM

o.O been leveling with my guild there in a gwing party... the exp is quite nice honestly 7mil job/ti and 1 ti for every 10 min

#11 brothersfree

brothersfree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:27 AM

i like kasas, altho the exps arent quite comparable to dragon turn ins. I solo kasa leeching my alternate (14mins per 200 kasas). I have to say the job exp is quite good , apart from that base exp is just meh . But thank you for the event. I do appreciate it.

#12 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:10 AM

The problem with Gravity's "events" is that thy only focus on making partying not suck, as opposed to making the leveling spot viable. For example, doing Medusa solo or in party, I get less EXP than soloing magma 2. While partying magma 2 and partying medusa becomes a new ballgame, where before medusa was painfully bad exp and is now good/decent, it still isn't comparable to soloing. Why should anyone go party if its not comparable to soloing? Medusa needs to give 1.5x what it did this past few weeks just to equal magma2. If they really wanted it to be a community thing, it needed to be 2x as much.

I haven't done Kasa yet, so I can't really comment there. Given the track record with dragons/medusa/harpies/etc, I doubt its any different; just the same exp you'd get doing it solo without the party share nerf (though, the time wasted returning to an NPC every X minutes). These events should have about 1.5x-2x monster base exp incentives; I am sure of it.

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:42 AM

It's good for people at around 120 - IMO, the event range should have started at 110 or 115. At 120, it's about 50% faster and a fraction of the cost of soloing w/meg+hammer+slep in jup on my genetic.

#14 Blubba

Blubba

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

it would be worth it if you can choose where to put it in.. job or base.

#15 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

their harpy event killed my paladin leveling, he's 97 and VIP. had he not been VIP, he could have done the event. GM team refused to fix this, in-game requirements not matching the description on the forum/website/patcher was apparently working as intended. medusas was total fail. with the 3rd class AoE killers constantly KSing, the constant being stone cursed, lack of an element advantage and just the sheer amount of time to ctrl-click them to death it was just horrible compared to what i would have been able to do in harpies. even after getting the kill count in, the exp was so -_-ty i didnt do it more than once. i'm almost certain that it didnt even count my HEBM i had on at turn in, but i didnt do a second run to compare so i dunno. kasas turn in? what is this i dont even. seriously can we get some staff that ACTUALLY PLAYS THE GAME TO MAKE SOME DECISIONS? smarter ideas come from total retards. i'm not even going to go into detail as to why this was a bad idea. lets take some of the toughest monsters in the game that dont even give 1/10th the exp they should, reduce their exp further to zero and require you to kill a freaking ton of them before you can ever hope to get anything out of it. oh and make sure the monster you choose requires VERY specific ultra rare gear to survive so the casual players will be left out. hype it up as the best thing ever so all the noobs can go in there and get owned in the face, then laugh as the population dwindles and another week of what could have been a good event wastes away and the customer base feels even more neglected. i think the GM team needs to start recording their meetings and putting the video up for all to see so we can see which one of them is the r-tard coming up with these ideas so we can demand their firing and get our game back. theres been just too much stupid lately and i cant take anymore stupid.

#16 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

their harpy event killed my paladin leveling, he's 97 and VIP. had he not been VIP, he could have done the event. GM team refused to fix this, in-game requirements not matching the description on the forum/website/patcher was apparently working as intended. medusas was total fail. with the 3rd class AoE killers constantly KSing, the constant being stone cursed, lack of an element advantage and just the sheer amount of time to ctrl-click them to death it was just horrible compared to what i would have been able to do in harpies. even after getting the kill count in, the exp was so -_-ty i didnt do it more than once. i'm almost certain that it didnt even count my HEBM i had on at turn in, but i didnt do a second run to compare so i dunno.

I thought Harpies stop once you hit Lv96? (The initial announcement says Lv100 but they apparently changed that last second or something. The correct levels are reflected on second week's patch notice.)

3rd KSes all the time. There's nothing you can do about it. Especially genetics.

The base EXP in Medusa is better than Harpies, so if you're rushing a non-trans you'd be going to Medusa as soon as you hit 90. As a trans though it's another story all together. HEBM also worked that one time I run one so I don't know about you.

#17 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:04 PM

even though the exp might be a little better per kill, it literally takes 7 times longer to kill them and being stoned all the time doesnt help either. harpies is still better exp per hour at that level and are much less expensive pot-wise to kill en masse. 3-hit ctrl-click harpies vs 20+ hit medusa and use less pots i'd rather just kill more harpies, just my preference.

#18 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

even though the exp might be a little better per kill, it literally takes 7 times longer to kill them and being stoned all the time doesnt help either. harpies is still better exp per hour at that level and are much less expensive pot-wise to kill en masse. 3-hit ctrl-click harpies vs 20+ hit medusa and use less pots i'd rather just kill more harpies, just my preference.

If the stone curse bothers you then you need to use undead armor or a plasterers shield or party. It's just like if harpies silenced you and it affected you then you needed green pots, vit, a priest or a peerless headgear.

When i got in a party with a good 3rd class killer then the exp was better at medusa but at harpies i could leech myself faster with just a ninja until i reached the level cap.

As a paladin you could also holy cross dark priests if those turn ins don't suit you.

#19 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

I just want to say thank you for the kasa turn in, it was really good after the second week when you listened to people saying the map was empty. Look at the crowded map, people rushing turn ins before maintenance, there is even this chara with the huge aura, he must have 150ed from this amazing event. :P

Posted Image

I hope the feedback for the VIP dungeon gets more attention, because with your current 5x HP increase but only 3x exp increase, and probably attack increase I don't see much reasons why would people want to level in monsters it that give less exp over time, are restricted by VIP, and cost more supplies because of the increased damage. For a general rule, the relation should be

X times reward > Y times more difficulty

not

X times reward < Y times difficulty like the premium dungeon seems to be (3x exp but 5x HP increase)

#20 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

^ I'm the one asking for party.

#21 Haibane

Haibane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

Eeeerm - the blue guy's ... on some kind of mount? For some reason I can't quite make it out - must be the low resolution of the screen-shot I guess...

#22 Dantemss

Dantemss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

Kasa was fine. There just weren't too many people to party with (since it's kind of a hard dungeon and has high level requirement). But guild parties were awesome.

You could get ~5m base and ~7m job in a turn in, and with a few gwings to move the party around you could get 3 to 3.5 turn ins with a 3x battle manual. Not bad.

Edited by Dantemss, 05 May 2011 - 04:17 PM.

#23 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:17 PM

Eeeerm - the blue guy's ... on some kind of mount? For some reason I can't quite make it out - must be the low resolution of the screen-shot I guess...

It's the 150 hugenormus aura!

Edited by Kadnya, 05 May 2011 - 04:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users