10 replies to this topic

#1 Zail

Zail

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

Hey all,

When I played during THQ, we didn't have 4th job, so this subject is relatively new to me.

I browsed through the 4th job skill lists for most classes, but I noticed a worrying trend. Is it just me, or does the last job seem...lackluster to anyone else?
What I mean by that is that IMHO, this job seemed like a rush makeshift job just to get content out the door. The skill's that some jobs have don't seem to mesh well with previous jobs. I even read the so called 'ultimates' are nothing more than just a flashy skill that actually deals less damage then some second job skills...kinda defeats the purpose of an 'ultimate' to me.

Anyone else got any opinions on this? I would like all the classes' opinions in this matter. Especially classes like ninja (since i'm playing a level 5x one), masquerade,mrymadons (excuse my spelling error), palidan( I hear these guys became OP, before they were the most laughed class...feels weird), warmage [I barely hear from these guys, what happened to all of them?) and shamans (i think there called invoker now?...). Archers you can discuss as well I guess (IHU all! JK,...oh maybe a little) =P

One of my friends advanced as a ninja, but he feels that it wasn't really worth the trouble. He didn't realize that almost all his skills were charge ups (which i think sorta defeats the purpose of a 'fast hitting' class but thats a whole other story) and generally he's thinking of going back to his mrymadon. But yea, any input from anyone about their 4th job class would be nice (I would like personal experience, not just some "well i watched this video on youtube and this guy did something amazing with x skill + s skill" or something. IMO raw personal experience with the skills is more importatnt to me)

Just remember, this is opinions, not facts. Feel free to share anything.

#2 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:15 AM

well if you use them right there not WORTHLESS...Savage gets another stun... Invoker gets a semi holding / catch...dragoon gets op move ofc. Just need to learn how to use them

#3 Zail

Zail

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:30 PM

A lot less opinions than I hoped to get lol.

Maybe it's because I put this in a area where people dont go often...

Or maybe people just dont seem to care >_>

#4 timegotoVroom

timegotoVroom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationThe Disneyland of Love
  • Server:Dragonkin Master Race

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

No one uses the forums anymore dude. It seems very few people even bother to do so.

#5 Zail

Zail

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

Is it really that dead =/

I would have hoped people would come back, but it looks like only the original semi-hardcore people made their way to dragon saga...

I wish the old days when there were more people =/ Makes my pvp matches a lot less interesting when your able to memorize your opponents strategy since you only got few opponents right now...

#6 timegotoVroom

timegotoVroom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationThe Disneyland of Love
  • Server:Dragonkin Master Race

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

There's just about enough people inside the game. It's just, no one bothers to check the forums ever again for some reason.

They should have some sort of event related to the forum to bring more people or something.

#7 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:15 AM

One of my friends advanced as a ninja, but he feels that it wasn't really worth the trouble. He didn't realize that almost all his skills were charge ups (which i think sorta defeats the purpose of a 'fast hitting' class but thats a whole other story)

Speaking about 4th job skills or ALL of the class's skills? Because the vast majority of ninja sub-class skills don't require charging at all. I can only think of two big ones (Shadow Walk and Wood Rush), and few bother using Shadow Walk much anymore.

As Mico said, there's usually at least one useful 4th job skill for every class -- you just have to know how to use them.

I agree that 4th job is disappointing when compared to earlier job upgrades, but give it time. There are still 4th job skills that have yet to be released, so I'd say 4th job is in a sort of "unfinished" state right now. Also, keep in mind that most 4th job skills rely on the "Awakening Gauge" system, which has already been redesigned once (and, IMO, needs another redesign b/c the new system isn't much better, if not worse) -- so the skills' usefulness is pretty limited in most cases (except, of course, for passives) no matter which class you're playing.

#8 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:11 PM

Can't believe you forgot the all mighty daggers.

Since when does dagger throw have a cast time?

#9 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

Rollllllling ground!!

#10 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

ICE SHOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ice shower is anything but disappointing.

Edited by StormHaven, 09 June 2011 - 04:18 PM.

#11 Hawkstorm

Hawkstorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:52 PM

Crazy soul!!! Could do without the nerf though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users