Nolanvoid's Guide to Financial Stability - Page 2 - FAQ & Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Nolanvoid's Guide to Financial Stability

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 bwsnoopy

bwsnoopy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:37 PM

TIP: saying u need help job changing always a good excuse to get some help.
if u r lucky of course

#27 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:41 PM

Excellent guide, Nolanvoid! Btw, if you guys are going to have another black market event, it would be nice if there are enough equips for everyone who can afford them. On THQ it was kind of hectic with everyone constantly refreshing the page and trying to buy out all the amazing limited items. ;P

advice for the new players:
-always use the in game market to check prices (use search) and sell items (generally, sell for lowest if you want fast gold).
-use the market section on the forums to let others know what you are buying or selling
-you need 250 devils soul stones (dss) and 75k achievement points or 10 sign of hero (chance reward for winning bsq, which is available to lvl 40+) for 4th job change. If you are going the achievement point route you can sell unneeded sign of hero for a decent amount. Collecting your 4th job requirements throughout your adventure will make things easier.
-You can sell gada coins, obtained from chests that are rewarding once you reach a certain kill count in field maps (if you change channel the count resets) for a little bit of gold. These coins are used (generally by higher level players) to farm set equipment.
-Selling souls is pretty much the best way for new players to make gold. You won't see much of a benefit to NPCing weapons instead of souling them until the equipment is at least level 55, so feel free to soul pretty much everything, especially if you haven't upgraded your inventory sizes.
-Having a good weapon will always make your gaming more efficient. While hearts are a decent source of gold, if you plan on enchanting your weapon, making a lavalon weapon is an excellent choice. If upgraded sufficiently, the lavalon weapon is usable till 70.
-Chaos maps are an excellent source of souls and a decent source of experience (lvl 45-50 hero's decent, lvl 50-59 chaos swamp, lvl 60-65 chaos ocher forest). Note: farming chaos ocher forest with a lvl 60 is possibly the best way of farming gold currently in the game. You need dss to run chaos maps. As Nolanvoid said, it is a good idea to farm dss early!
-If you have low aim, you can miss monsters. Accessories with aim sell for a decent amount, even more if aim and evade, and they will be useful to you in your adventure.
-hlt, aim, and attack are the best stats to have on gear if you are trying to make money, but don't worry too much about your equipment until you hit the cap.

Edited by Maronu, 03 May 2011 - 04:56 PM.

#28 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

what's this black market event everyone's talking about ._.

#29 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:10 PM

I have a lung and half a liver if you have the money for it, bucko

#30 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

so it's a cash shop event?

(i really don't know)

#31 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

IIRC, it was an event back on the THQ*ICE server during which a few handfuls of extremely powerful items were sold for a very limited time and in very limited quantities at considerably high prices (high for the majority of players at the time, at any rate).

It led to a lot of bickering because... Well, you can imagine.

I think I was on vacation when it happened or something, b/c I had no idea what was going on until it was all over and done with.

Most of the items were [Legendary] grade with rare and powerful stats -- and I believe some of the stats weren't acquirable on those particular items through normal means (for instance, critical damage on rings).

#32 bwsnoopy

bwsnoopy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

crit dmg is avaliable on rings since thq days.
however, those BM rings were enchanted which is not posible for any other rings

#33 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

There were even some stats we've never seen otherwise. The Warlock spear had Casting Time reduction, for example.

#34 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

crit dmg is avaliable on rings since thq days.
however, those BM rings were enchanted which is not posible for any other rings

The BM items were also available on IAH, though the items offered were different, such as a level 1 kimart which was later nerfed to level 60. The original claim was that there would be a BM held annually, but I think that plan got scrapped. Anyway, crit damage is available on rings, but not the stats that the BM items gave. The BM lunar rings were each legend +15 with 5% Aim, 20% CD, 6% CR, and 30 hlt. All of the overpowered BM items were nerfed, anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

Edited by Yurai, 03 May 2011 - 08:26 PM.

#35 mimiwin

mimiwin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:28 AM

3. Wanted Quests - These quests begin to provide new rewards. Some of these rewards are valuable to you. Monster Cards can be obtained from these rewards. When a Wanted Quest is completed a pre-determined amount of times, a Cursed Card can be obtained. These cards are "ONLY" tradable in this format. Two of the same cards can be combined at a NPC to form a useable card. The cursed portion will be removed and the card can be consumed. When the card is consumed, it can increase the skill level of a skill based upon the class. These cards can be sold in the market to other users or used.

I just wanted 2 note certain level get cetain card (if your in that level, that is Gold$$$)because once someone level up quest for that card will not be given anymore. So checking wanted quests from 30-49 is important.

#36 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:39 AM

That is a good point, thanks for sharing.

#37 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:35 AM

Just wanted to note a bit on Maronu's addition:

Job change has two routes. Both routes have two requirements:
-PvP route: 10 Signs of Hero + 3000 CP from Ranked PvP (Ranked PvP must have members within a level above or below you and requires minimum four people, so it's better to do this with a group of friends in the 45-55ish region as the level availability gets scarce later)
-Achievement route: 70,000 Achievement points + 250 Devil Soul Stones

Just wanted to note these few details. I know this isn't a job change guide but I wanted to add that the PvP route is generally the more expensive one because you'll find yourself getting impatient and buying Signs of Hero. It is also difficult if you don't organize yourself in time to get your CP. Achievement route has requirements you have to do for yourself so there's no temptation for paying gold for them.

#38 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:49 PM

WHERE ARE THE IMAGES? I DONT UNDERSTAND WITHOUT THEM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users