Kasa turn in feedback - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Kasa turn in feedback

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:05 AM

Having checked kasa turn in, some opinions about it being a perfectly fine turn in really confuse me. I can understand that some people don't want fast leveling or 'easy levels' handed around, but I really wish that the recent kasa turn in didn't count as "the event aimed for higher leveled charas". Because, while medusa and harpy turn in seem to have some people participating (mostly medusa), for kasa...

Well, for kasa I just don't understand. This is a 4x speed of 10 minutes tour to kasas a few minutes ago, searching for signs of life. If you see a single person, please tell:

...not the kind of map I would expect from a good turn in event abut to end. I would expect a crowded map, people in the turn in npc forming parties, rush, and such... -_-

And this is a test of the "take care, kasa map is superhard mode now":

I didn't even have a shield, for added aspd. That is how scary monsters are now -_-

I know heim promised that they had the idea of making 'hard mode' dungeons for VIP, but the upcoming dungeon is for... level 50-90 ._.
Hopefully the idea of stronger monsters with greater reward has more adepts other than me @@.

As for a rule of how great should be the reward for increased difficulty, I recall heim mentioning an example of increasing "3 times the hp with 2x the exp". I would like to point out that the relation should go the other way. For example: "2 times the HP and 3x the reward", because, if the difficulty is increased more than the reward, then the easier monsters are still a better option, and "harder" option goes unused. Just like kasas.

Edited by Kadnya, 03 May 2011 - 10:06 AM.

#2 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

I don't think ncreasing HP of monsters is gonna work, they are all weak in terms of damage. Bio3 is the best place now i guess...

Edited by HRdevil, 03 May 2011 - 01:15 PM.

#3 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:18 PM

In my opinion the better way to approach this event was to have 1 of 2 Thors maps with JUST Kasa. No Guardians or Salamanders. From what I saw there was too few Kasa and too many other stuffs like Guardians that always made you bleed, which screwed the party over cause the healers could not recover their SP. It was a good idea but could have been executed much better. Also it would have been ridiculous to disable gwinging due to the other monsters that inflicted bleeding and made pulling to a stationary party not a very viable option.

Edited by Trixdee, 03 May 2011 - 01:22 PM.

#4 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

I don't think ncreasing HP of monsters is gonna work, they are all weak in terms of damage. Bio3 is the best place now i guess...

Increased HP was just a example, but it would be super to see things like a 3x exp from this monster with 2x the hp and 3x the attack, for example... or maybe even 10x hp/attack and 15x the exp, changing the leveling from mob killing to single target killing too would be nice to see. Even in a map like kasas, the firebirds take like 10 seconds or less to die.

As an update, I did see a single party of 6~ people later in the morning (hiaguildies xP), but it would be nice to have a more festive/partyful experience in a map where monsters didn't vanish from looking ugly at them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users