People who propose stupid things - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 14 votes

People who propose stupid things

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#26 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Iris

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

No more Censor Bar and Princess Knife fiascos please :P

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want something that had been implemented for years to be reimplemented despite the fact that almost nobody used it.

this this a thousand times 11'nty this... jebus...

#27 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:51 AM

Coming from someone that suggested GOD/MVP scroll buff. I wouldn't doubt you already thought of putting these kinds of stuff in lucky boxes and "Screw up the game" less. :( The game got screwed with KVM in lucky box, instead of making it easier to acquire and put more gameplay into the game people just got an effortless handout to whoever dishes their paychecks or simply buy KP from other players for ingame values and the oh so great HD's from +4 to +10. I wish i had gears at the time that was implemented.

I do hope we catch up to KRO I wanna scaraba dungeon, Alcabringer and weapon stat :P

...i have to agree on this one with the way this game has been going its like "pay to win" as opposed to "play to win".

#28 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

Yes, it's play to win. But the L is silent.

Edited by Fibrizzo, 05 May 2011 - 11:55 AM.

#29 Estancia

Estancia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

I support this thread. Although those nonsense threads make me lol.

#30 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

Agree with Sera generally. However, why ask for suggestions or community input if you're not ready to put up with creativity? Good suggestions and bad suggestions alike, players should know that not everything can be implemented, but a one liner to explain why certain ideas won't work isn't horrible either. This to me sounds a little like the great ball of negativity Heim hinted at amongst veteran players and the community over the last few years - why should players be interested in a game that isn't interested in their opinions?

It's great to know that there is a checklist like the one Heim put on here, but ... if you're going to ask for ideas in an open forum, people are going to try their best to think of cool new things - relevant or just for fun. Getting the ideas flowing is the first challenge.

P.s. I love my housing idea. I don't care if it's never implemented, I just like to make little graphics and share my idea.

#31 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

Agree with Sera generally. However, why ask for suggestions or community input if you're not ready to put up with creativity? Good suggestions and bad suggestions alike, players should know that not everything can be implemented, but a one liner to explain why certain ideas won't work isn't horrible either. This to me sounds a little like the great ball of negativity Heim hinted at amongst veteran players and the community over the last few years - why should players be interested in a game that isn't interested in their opinions?

It's great to know that there is a checklist like the one Heim put on here, but ... if you're going to ask for ideas in an open forum, people are going to try their best to think of cool new things - relevant or just for fun. Getting the ideas flowing is the first challenge.

P.s. I love my housing idea. I don't care if it's never implemented, I just like to make little graphics and share my idea.

This is a pretty good thought

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 05 May 2011 - 02:21 PM.

#32 Elly

Elly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

I approve

#33 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

Coming from someone that suggested GOD/MVP scroll buff. I wouldn't doubt you already thought of putting these kinds of stuff in lucky boxes and "Screw up the game" less. :P

As far as i can remember, Heim asked about this and we commented that it should be scrapped or have it rare and only to deserving people. thats why there is a forum, to have and to learn the ideas and opinions of others. akosinico is right that we are not the only human in this planet. we all need somebody to criticize our work/ideas because if not, we wouldn't have a leverage as to what is a good idea from the bad.

so far the god scroll buff hasnt been implemented and i hope it will not be implemented.

Edited by iCandy, 05 May 2011 - 03:34 PM.

#34 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:22 PM

I agree halfheartedly. While this is mostly true, we need to remember that the community is made up of a variety of people, and just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean it's not valid. Majorities are comprised of people, and people have their individual opinions that occasionally waver from the norm.

If people become too scared to post their ideas for fear of being shot down before it can even be discussed, nothing will get done. Sometimes a craptastic idea can lead to something good.

#35 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen.

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:34 PM

LEAVE GRAVITY ALONE! HE'S A HUMAN! All you people want is MORE MORE MORE!

I signed on just so I could LOL at this.

So.

LOLOL.

PS. Implement Ultimate's house idea. [:

#36 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:24 PM

It seems everyone here wants to be able to fly to 150/50 in a week, then run into an emp room, solo-kill everyone on-screen, break the emp, then go to PVP afterwards and kill everyone else. Classes are supposed to have strengths, but they're also supposed to have weaknesses, you aren't supposed do everything, so stop proposing that your class should be able to.

I agree. Stop proposing stupid things and make a Sura. You will find that you can fly to 150/50 in one week, run into emp rooms and solo kill everything onscreen, and then kill everyone in PvP later.

Stop asking for things that are already in game.

#37 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:39 PM

I will do my best to accept the ideas as the effort and focus that is important to that player in the game. I try not to be negative towards ideas, I admit I do get a bit frustrated when I try to ask for feedback on an idea and it is all negative with no alternatives. I try to ask about specifics to an idea, and when I hear that "it is all crap" I tend to ignore that player as a troll in the future or at least someone that is not capable of giving the type of feedback that is useful in making game and event ideas happen.

I know if I get frustrated, and I'm paid to deal with it, I know for certain that a player has no reason to tolerate it or to put themselves in danger of receiving that sort of treatment.
This is exactly what I want to change when I spoke of changing the attitude in the forum and game. Not everyone can be eloquent, not everyone has ideas that appeal to everyone (if they appealed to everyone it would already be a foregone conclusion). Expressing why you would or wouldn't want something is great, expressing further on what along those lines that would work for you is feedback that helps everyone.

There aren't stupid ideas, there are ideas that may be self centered, or not thought through well; but if an idea came to someone that plays the game it at least was important to that individual and therefore valid on some level as a legitimate thing to express.

#38 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:00 AM

I believe the amount of purely negative feedback stems from the fact that most people here still have yet to Learn the art of constructive feedback and merely say something is complete crap if it doesn't benefit them immensely. It just seems like people need some guidance/direction on how to properly respond so why not ask for feedback in a form like format. Merely mentioning a format at the end of a paragraph isn't quite as effective as adopting something like the following.

-------- feed back form. ------
What did you like about the idea?

What did you not like?

Would you consider yourself a veteran or a new player?
(this question provides The perspective of the person)

How could this idea be improved?

-----end form----------

#39 FoxyWoxy

FoxyWoxy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:04 AM

Some ideas that I read, to me personally they do not seem intended towards RO. In my own perfect world I would make no class system in my mmorpg, but suggesting RO do that wount get anyone anywhere.

Also this whole deal with everyone wanting to be the one killing everyone, obviously you can only satisfy one person here. x_X

#40 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:34 AM

I will do my best to accept the ideas as the effort and focus that is important to that player in the game. I try not to be negative towards ideas, I admit I do get a bit frustrated when I try to ask for feedback on an idea and it is all negative with no alternatives. I try to ask about specifics to an idea, and when I hear that "it is all crap" I tend to ignore that player as a troll in the future or at least someone that is not capable of giving the type of feedback that is useful in making game and event ideas happen.

I know if I get frustrated, and I'm paid to deal with it, I know for certain that a player has no reason to tolerate it or to put themselves in danger of receiving that sort of treatment.
This is exactly what I want to change when I spoke of changing the attitude in the forum and game. Not everyone can be eloquent, not everyone has ideas that appeal to everyone (if they appealed to everyone it would already be a foregone conclusion). Expressing why you would or wouldn't want something is great, expressing further on what along those lines that would work for you is feedback that helps everyone.

There aren't stupid ideas, there are ideas that may be self centered, or not thought through well; but if an idea came to someone that plays the game it at least was important to that individual and therefore valid on some level as a legitimate thing to express.

I'm gonna quote a friend of mine:
Rosa Crujeiras-Teira Odenwalder
Every great idea begins with...."Hold my beer and watch this"

So let's start for the begining. Beers for everyone!!

Edited by Fibrizzo, 06 May 2011 - 03:35 AM.

#41 Kimoji

Kimoji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:04 AM

This is a very professional viewpoint. Love you more Heimdallr

#42 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:02 AM

The only thing I disagree with is the global nature of "good" suggestions. I think suggestions should be easy to implement yes, but if it only affects one class it should still be considered.

For example, I think it would be great to add the option to create Dagger of Counter [2] with the slotting NPC. Now, it doesn't affect everyone, in fact it hardly affects anyone, but it would be a fun, higher level gear to use on my battle linker. The utility of the update is negligible but as far as I can tell its just adding one row of script to any slotting NPC. Would having a slotted Dagger of Counter make a battle linker stronger? Yes. Would it make it more fun to play? Probably. Would It be clearing PvP rooms? Not even a little bit.

A similar, yet more complicated example would be adding the option to slot shackles (which I think many people have wanted in the past, though the idea is not so prevalent now). Implementing this would require a bit more work, because you would have to make shackles and shackles [1] work with Bloodied Shackle Ball as well as add it into the script for slotting NPCs. The utility of the BSB shackle combo has certainly declined over time, but this kind of update would bring it up to speed in a time effective manner.

Edited by Scuba, 06 May 2011 - 11:02 AM.

#43 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

There is no such thing as a stupid idea. Not all ideas work out but you can't know your idea is bad unless you try.

#44 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:59 AM

PS. Implement Ultimate's house idea. [:

for gods sake yes

I'm gonna quote a friend of mine:
Rosa Crujeiras-Teira Odenwalder
Every great redneck idea begins with...."Hold my beer and watch this"

fixed that for ya

#45 PhenixFire

PhenixFire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:58 PM

<3 this post. Sera you care, and I appreciate that. I did have some suggestions for ideas but I decided to pass on mentioning them based on what you kinda said because I felt it might have been from my own personal gain. Not as simple as "make all my chars skills over powered" but probably that related directly to my personal playing experience. I think this post is a great start to something, you know a little more in the right direction of a more positive player/GM relationship on a larger scale.

And +1 to heim for caring outside of your pay grade.

#46 Teknologik

Teknologik

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:21 PM

I have faith that GM's WILL make the right decisions for the game.

What you think is dumb, may not actually be dumb. That's just, like, your opinion man.

There are a lot of changes that will affect ragnarok in a positive way. The worst thing is that people arn't suggesting anything, everything stays the same and stagnant.. no new players come to ragnarok and the problems vets have with the game continue to stay the same. I prefer to a nice populated list of servers where getting to 150 takes a month or two to a couple of near dead servers where 150 takes a year or two to get to. The game can be challenging, rewarding and fun without being a massive treadmill.

Edit: Reread the OP several more times. I do agree it's important to think within the scope of THE GAME and not just yourself. Proposing or supporting changes that really make a positive change for everyone, not just because you really want them. Yes, housing might be cool but is it realistic and important compared to the things we COULD be getting? So, I do see the point although I agree with some opinions for changes being posted as well. I really appreciate that a GM replied to my autolooting thread even though he didn't seem to think it was a wise idea.

Edited by Teknologik, 06 May 2011 - 05:24 PM.

#47 OgamiItto

OgamiItto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada
  • Server:Ymir, ,Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

Bad ideas are often the basis for good ideas. If you find a suggestion you don't like the sound of, suggest improvements to it, let it evolve from the input of multiple minds into something really effective.

Keep in mind, too, that ideas can have different scopes. Some are things that the GMs could implement, and could be implemented in the short term, while others are suggestions for the devs, and are intended more for implementation in the indefinite future. Some are even things that the community could implement by consensus, and those could be implemented immediately. An idea shouldn't be suppressed or ridiculed simply because it's intended for implementation in the long term, even if you distrust the GMs' or devs' ability to prioritize items based on importance.

#48 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

I have faith that GM's WILL make the right decisions for the game.

I honestly still don't completely trust the GMs after a few fiascos (HD ore the first time around, Some of the TI events, Troy, etc).
I'm still not even sure if the GMs still get on RO and check out the skills themselves to see the bugs still or if they just blindly take the suggestions of a few players to heart and insta-implement a 'fix' that just breaks something farther. I will say that it IS getting better slowly but it had gotten almost unbearably bad before.

+1 to OP

#49 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:49 AM

That's all I really said, and to be honest, the response to this thread actually annoys me a little bit, because I don't see it being reflected in the responses to the Seal Quest Update Proposals.
People aren't fully considering all of the things they're proposing (Asking for level 3 weapons from a quest that is specifically supposed to give level 4 weapons)

I think you are referring to me for bringing up the weapon for sages and my proposed solution was the level 3 principles of magic instead of the book of apocalypse.

Seal 4 was specifically supposed be many things but right now many of things are being debated. Seal 4 was supposed to give some crappy weapons but no one seems to have a problem with getting rid of them. Seal 4 was supposed to offer a choice between random and set weapons but that is being rehauled without much regard for some weapons which will no longer be obtainable. Seal quests were not specifically supposed to give kvm badges but do you see many ppl screaming NO to that?

I do realise seal quest 4 is for level 4 weapon but would iRO really be torn asunder if a significantly worse weapon than the more popular kronos was included simply because it was level 3?

In any case, Heim said to post it elsewhere for them to look into, so at least they noted my point had merit and i am perfectly happy with that.

or are proposing things for personal gain (Item X should/should not be implemented because of it's relation to people who farm MVPs).

A point that has been repeatedly brought up in that thread is the fact that some weapon classes are REALLY BAD in relation to others, but there's nothing that can be done about that without a game-system overhaul, which is not the point of the thread. Yes, the system does need to be overhauled imo, but we have to work with what we currently have, and what we currently have is a quest which gives badly outdated weapons and is not worth doing anymore.

To the people who are deriding me for being harsh on people who just have 'fun ideas':
Is it wrong of me to ask that the proposals that people submit for things which may actually be implemented into the game be rational and well-thought-out?
Is it wrong of me to ask that anything being considered for implementation benefit the majority of players, be within the competence of iRO to implement, and not just try to band-aid something up until it breaks again next week?

Ideally i do agree with some of the things you said and it would be great if everyone was super objective but we don't live in a perfect world. Everyone is allowed to express their opinions on the forums within limits and their ideas will be judged on their merits.

Did you take a minute out to review some of your own posts which are upwards of 3000? You can post as much as you want while others should be restricted? With just a quick look at some of your posts and threads can one honestly say all of them are well though out?

Examples of your posts:

I just bought a staff for my warlock that she cannot wear and i felt i had to immediately tweet on the forums:
http://forums.warppo...__1#entry399147

Lets make an ancient willow mvp just because a map is willow shaped despite there being no pressing reason for this when there are plenty more important things that could be worked on instead:
http://forums.warppo...__1#entry396949

GMs weekly second chance vends of valuable items that you missed the chance to buy but the gms have magically duplicated for your convenience:
http://forums.warppo...__1#entry140555

Talking to yourself:
http://forums.warppo...__1#entry348782

#50 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:57 AM

I just bought a staff for my warlock that she cannot wear and i felt i had to immediately tweet on the forums:
http://forums.warppo...__1#entry399147

no. no no no no no. we are NOT twotting on forums, since the intarwebz came into existance decades before the stupid :P device that is dummbing down our country and media. bad. and if sera is doing anything in that, it isnt to "introduce" a new idea, its a humerous mistake on his(her?) part. just cause your getting butthurt over your ideas being skimmed over, doesnt mean you need to post a random sample of one persons postings for no coherent reason. i myself have a few pearls of wizdom here and there between the random rabble and ranting. really tangential there, but that word just boils my blood... its so stupid...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users