• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Aishi

Aishi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:15 PM

Discuss. Really, just Q&A, maybe little observations that you make.

I'll be adding more to this thread when I feel like it, whether just in general or specifics about Harles. This is mainly about 1v1 PvP, cause it's where I get my kicks. It has also come to my attention that this works at its best when you are on equal footing with your opponent in terms of movespeed.

Foreword: There is a bit of fighting game terminology, as a Harle, you focus on one main thing in PvP: Okizeme, the wake up game.

"...okizeme is a term of Japanese origin describing the tactical situation during a match where one fighter has been knocked down onto his or her back. While the downed fighter's options are severely limited, many fighting games grant various techniques to allow them opportunities to recover momentum and/or defend against subsequent attacks."

The okizeme game consists of two main things as a Harle: A tech chase and a tech trap

"Tech-chasing is the act of following or predicting an opponent's tech in order to attack them before they can respond. Because a character's tech animations have small windows of vulnerability before a character can [do anything] it is possible to read the direction of a player's tech and punish the lag with an attack..."

A tech trap is setting up a situation where the opponent has an opportunity to air tech, but doing so only lets them run into your set up, catching them out of the air and sending them into a "helpless" state (No air tech, no immediate ground roll). This -chance- to escape is rewarded only if your opponent can guess right, otherwise they will fall into a more damage combo and/or another set up. A few popular ones are Upper Screw ~> Aerial Kick; Nado ~> Spin it Bear; Ambush ~> Fly; Tapping AAS after launches, and more.

Now, the random assortments of Hsien's info.

- You can Final Destination another Harle's Final Destination safely if they activate theirs first, the initial hitbox of Final Destination is actually bigger than the last few frames.
- Crazy Soul's proc activates on hit but stays active for a extremely brief time
- If enough attack speed, you can do a full regular combo after Final Destination, the last hit will knock back and stun, allowing for a timed follow up, such as another final destination (No stun, but locks). This is risky, because you're betting on one hit, avoid often use if you miss or they can block. A much safer variation on this is normal attack x2, grounded stab x2, rocket punch, which is exactly brief enough to "combo" (There's a gap where hit-detect moves can be used to counter, and sword dance can land, combo from behind). Against another Harlequinn, it is impossible to counter if the attack speed is perfect because Rocket Punch cancels the animation of Final Destination regardless of stun or not.
^ The former of the combo filler can be used to push the opponent into the corner to start a lock with Cossack Dance + Windmill.
- Common knowledge: You can catch an air tech with Aerial Kick after Upper Screw, and they will land helplessly on the ground. Not so common knowledge: After catching with Aerial Kick from Upper Screw, you can juggle with Aerial Frenzy to stall Upper Screw's cooldown; you can hold down Aerial Frenzy to the point that you fall along with the opponent, land simultaneously, groundstab and Upper Screw to set up another tech trap.
- Common knowledge: Windmill's flinches do not immediately lock up the opponent. Cossack Dance does not at all. Not so common knowledge: If you stun someone against a wall, then activating Cossack Dance then do Windmill, the flinches come often enough to allow Windmill to finish and you can go into Final Destination again.
- Fish Hook (4th job pull) stuns even on miss.
- While fighting someone with Impervious, Rocket Punch (Stun) Final Destination ~> Upper Screw (land) Rocket Punch is a legitimate combo. This applies for Crazy Soul, but take note the proc is 15%.
- Rocket Punch ~> Final Destination ~> Upper Screw ~> Rocket Punch ~> Final Destination ~> Fish Hook+Provoke ~> Final Destination ~> Rocket Punch ~> Final Destination ~> Upper Screw practically locks a Paladin in Barricade providing all stuns proc.
- The active frames for Fish Hook are very long, time it so that the second that opponent wakes up from an untechable, you are already pulling. This delays the pull back from Fish Hook but you finish the animation earlier, and allows a Provoke to be set off safely if jump-canceled.
- Provoke and ESP can be jump-canceled.
- What people do: Jump, air dash, cutdown, spazz. What I'd do: Jump, air dash, cutdown * Upper Screw * Aerial Kick: This tech trap has two spots where they can air tech at the * if they do, then they'll be in a helpless fall state and you can set up the same situation again. If not, end with judgement, then set up okizeme. Testing to see if this is punishable between cutdown and Upper Screw.
- Quick attacks! Don't just abuse Final Destination! A quick and safe attack is the regular air launch, you can Air Launch * Upper Screw * Aerial Kick as a standard tech trap from it. It's also a great attack to interrupt opponents with. Do not neglect your normal launcher, but if you don't have a move speed advantage over your opponent, hitting with it can be more than difficult.
- The game operates on negative edging: Your skill comes out once you release the key. To get the most efficient results and reactions, hold down your main attack button and release when you want to use it, get that split second difference in your attacks!
- Set an escape skill to two keys and alternate button presses rapidly for maximum efficiency of escapes.
- Moonwalk has a few seconds of invincibility after use. This invincibility is canceled if you are hit in its startup.
- Activating ESP directly after Moonwalk will have no effect
- When fighting an opponent who stacked enough movespeed to walk while stunned, pay attention if the opponent's health drops while attacking after a stun. In such a situation, lag can make the opponent appear to walk in a certain direction only to have them teleport once hit and possibly have you counter attacked. In this situation, attack them as soon as possible with a move of your choice, take note if the health drops or not, and react accordingly.
- Remember that burrow has a slight start-up, being attacked by hit detect moves or a stun/freeze will have your character go through the animation/effect while burrowed. For example, if you burrow at the same time Rocket Punched and stunned, you will stay stunned and unable to unburrow until the duration of the stun is over. If you are attacked by a Pathfinder's Hawk or Wolf, you will be launched and upon unburrowing, appear on the floor and vulnerable. This can be indicated by the shift in camera as if you were being launched when you are burrowed.
- You can delay your ground tech in a situation where it is advantageous. Also, remember that teching is invincible unless the move itself picks off the floor during your first few frames of animation.
- The hitbox of the higher levels of Rocket Punch is increased vertically, but the odd properties of its upwards hitbox (height; jumping over it) are still there.
- Aerial Frenzy ~> Judgement is a valid tech trap if delayed and the opponent is spamming air recovery
- Upperscrew and Aerial Kick hit cleanly in the air, if used right you can catch someone jumping or dash jumping around you. Do note that they are very much punishable
- Aerial Kick does not retains its old all-or-nothing properties, where all hits will either be blocked, missed, or critical'd.
- You retain the possible proc of Crazy Soul if you are hit with an untechable, but if you fall from being caught by a tech trap then it will not proc
- Stunned durations do not overlap in my experience.
- Upperscrew, land, jump then immediately Aerial Frenzy is a viable tech trap, but hard to land and can be open to punishment. It also only counts the first hit to catch, if the first hit misses or is blocked, be warned.
- A common mistake I see in Harle PvP is, after a Final Destination, they dash back and Cossack Dance first and follow with a Rocket Punch. Instead, Rocket Punch first, then Cossack Dance. It is: A. Safer (You can cancel the startup of Cossack) B. The combo, unlike the one mentioned first, will never have the Rocket Punch miss due to your opponent waking up.
^ The flaw in the first one is that it has a much tighter timing, because you would have to dash, turn around, and activate Cossack AND have enough time to RP. Whereas you can easily hit-confirm a Cossack and Final Destination after a stun.

Q: When do I use ESP?
A: Use it in the middle of combos, before a launch and whatever so you can play safe okizeme. Personally, it's dependent on your opponent: Do they charge at you, are you finding it hard to approach? Do you get locked often? Are there situations when you get hit too much? Use when necessary.

Q: Why don't you use or talk about Rolling Stinger?
A: Rolling what? In all honesty, if I feel the need to throw in some guaranteed damage or I'm just feeling myself, I'd do it. I tend to PvP without the usage of RS or Scream.

Q: How/When do I use Dread Judge?
A: Use it after an air combo, directly after Upper Screw or after an Aerial Frenzy two things to consider: A. They must be low to the ground; B. You can be in a position and have enough speed to catch them after a roll.

Q: Help, I just Final Destination'd, and they're still moving!
A: It's lag, stay calm, you have 4 options:
- Stand at their original position, (Good time to ESP) and time a rocket punch left or right or stand at where they might roll.
- Chase after them if you can and Rocket Punch them, this will proc stun, DO NOT ATTACK, THEY RECEIVE NO DAMAGE.
Simple wait out the time safely, they can't react from stun.
- Pull them, if stun procs, they will "teleport" back to their original spot and be hittable again.
- Borrow.

Q: How do I best deal secondary stuns to people with high evade after I catch them?
A: Every hit counts, I recommend this stunlock flow:

0: Reassess spacing (See 1a 1b 1c or 3a)

1a: Final Destination (See 2a or 2b or 2c or 2d)
1a+:Dash back, Cossack Dance, dash forward, Final Destination (See 2a or 2b or 2c or 2d)
1b: Rocket Punch; stuns (See 1a or 1a+)
1c: Rocket Punch; no stun (See 0 or 3d)

2a: Final Destination hits ~> Provoke before they fall (See 3a or 3b)
2b: Final Destination hits (Provoke on cooldown) (See 1b)
2c: Final Destination misses; all stuns on cooldown: Complete combo (See 0)
2d: Step back, Demon Shout! (See 1a)

3a: Provoke; stuns (See 1a)
3b: Provoke; does not stun (They are falling) (Proceed to 3c or 4c)
3c: Fish hook + Rocket Punch(See 1b or 1c)
3d: All FD/stuns on cooldown: Complete combo

Coming soon in an image format.

Q: I caught a ninja, but I'm April Fooled! What do I do?
A: Try a simple: Final Destination, Rocket Punch, Charge Awakening, Final Destination, Demon Shout. This combo bypasses the April Fools timer.

Q: When do I Awakening Charge?
A: Between combos, or just flat out in the open. The charge is quick and cancelable. After Final Destination and Rocket Punch (Stun) Give you an ample amount of time, once or twice and you'll have enough to Demon.

Q: How do I become better?
A: The Harle isn't built for PvP, but it holds very PvP-viable aspects in damage and a variety of escapes. The tools that it has are useful, but the class in its entirety is not. It is up to you, the player to choose and master what little you can.

This means, as a harle player, you must adapt, and force your opponent to also.

If you roll to the right once, only vertically, or roll to the longer side of the screen, you bet damn sure I'm noticing that.
If you air tech and cutdown every time, I'll keep a Rocket Punch waiting for you.
Counter-attacking me if you're pulled? Burrow, unburrow, Final Destination
Spamming tech after Upper Screw, use Aerial Kick, and if you're not? Land into Rolling Stinger (When it picks up again...)
A bowman air teching then shootdown, anti-air with Upper Screw, juggle with AK, AF, land US, etc.

I'm not saying that you need to pay attention to every little detail, I'm a regional level (I can't travel far) fighting game player (Explains the terminology) and it's an aspect that applies to everything, if you make them play your game you win. Some classes, don't have to, they can out-play the other opponent, but the Harle has to push the opponent out of their comfort zone, it's the one reason why we can compete (1v1, atleast) if we're on an even level. It's not a convenience, it's a necessity.

- - - - - Personal Q's and misc - - - - -

Q: Open to PvP matches?
A: Yeah, inbox me, I'll play as is, by your rules, something or whatever. Generally I just throw on movespeed and have fun.

Q: Opinions on Harles? Nerfs? Buffs?
A: Nothing I want to change, if they did, I'd like my 50/50 back from Upper Screw (Air tech ~> AK; No tech ~> RS), but I don't find anything wrong, especially with the incoming buffs like Rolling Stinger being cancellable and Fever mode. I'd like to find a use for some of the 3rd job moves though, drill rush should be untechable, chain hurricane's invici fixed as an escape, a little more fixing up on borrow, and Marionette's attack speed higher so we can complete it within a Rocket Punch, the move itself looks great. Nerfs? Fix Rocket Punch's hit box, it's too big/deceiving in lag, and make my Cossack Dance jump-cancellable again.

Q: How do you build your Harle?
A: Stack Aim, cause I just want to hit you. My evade is decent simply from the side positives of high Agility, but otherwise, I carry a staggering amount of equips to juggle myself in PvP to find the perfect combination. I don't mind stats, as long as I can deal enough damage to kill and not miss enough to influence the outcome, if not, I suppose it's no fun, right? Harles should pay alot of attention to aim, we need to make every time we touch someone count. That's our class. Catch, deal damage, play Oki. In group PvP, I can see evade starting to shift over, but it's proportional, you can balance both, maximize one, or maxmize the other, you can also hit the mid-points of them. I've also seen a decent health build with Heirloom Bone and Physical Defense Drop, but the lack of aim ultimately hurts.

Q: What about PvE?
Rotate between Final Destination, Upper Screw, and Windmill. Congrats, you're a killing machine. In more serious terms, you can learn to play in PvE by mastering the spacing of your attacks. When you learn the max ranges at which Final Destination, Aerial Frenzy, and other moves hit, it helps your PvP.

Edited by Aishi, 03 June 2011 - 12:31 PM.

#2 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:19 PM

i love you :P

#3 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:19 PM

#4 Aishi

Aishi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:34 PM

Mocococococo!

#5 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:44 AM

I would like to see you apply this. I want to PvP you on my ninja. No rules really, as long as we both have enough aim to hit the other's evade 100%. I don't really care about health as long as I have enough MP to kill you. Preferably weapons balanced as close as possible so that there isn't a huge difference in damage. If you prefer a naked match, that's fine with me as well.

Edited by Yurai, 07 May 2011 - 10:44 AM.

#6 Aishi

Aishi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

Sure thing. We'll have a match late Saturday or anytime Sunday, seeing as I leave for a graduation and won't be back until then.

100% hit rate and balanced weapons, armor and the like can be sifted around. I'm sure you can scale down to my stats (4k defense/6k attack/300 health). As I've stated, I don't stack evade so that won't be an issue. Not sure if you're looking for a formal PvP or just wanting to test out some things so the specifics on stunlocking length and the like can be left up to you.

Edit: I have Rocket Punch lv 8

Edited by Aishi, 07 May 2011 - 11:12 AM.

#7 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

Sure thing. We'll have a match late Saturday or anytime Sunday, seeing as I leave for a graduation and won't be back until then.

100% hit rate and balanced weapons, armor and the like can be sifted around. I'm sure you can scale down to my stats (4k defense/6k attack/300 health). As I've stated, I don't stack evade so that won't be an issue. Not sure if you're looking for a formal PvP or just wanting to test out some things so the specifics on stunlocking length and the like can be left up to you.

Edit: I have Rocket Punch lv 8

It might help if you let me know how much aim you have. Do you mean this Saturday or the next? I'm a little busy, but as long as it's not at some odd times of the day, it should be fine. I just want a PvP match with you playing how you described in your post (assuming that's how you usually play). Personally, I think it's just something that looks good on paper, but doesn't really work too well under non-simulated conditions, so I want to test it out.

#8 Slayze

Slayze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

Aishi + Yurai, as a jester player myself, I request for a video of the resulting match.
In a near perfect no-lag situation, yea, all or almost all of that should be possible.

For air launch > upper screwdriver, it should only be done if the opponent uses instant air teching, which probably isn't that common, even on WarpPortal, right?
Considering reaction time and all too.
It gives the opponent a pretty big opening if you mess up on it. (shootdown, cutdown, delayed air tech towards the side and counter, etc)

I personally believe it's a fairly bad idea to anti-air an air teching archer with upper screwdriver if you know the archer's going to be using shootdown though...
I wouldn't recommend catching with cutdown / air launch (or anything single-hit) against anyone with block or high evade too.

You should add some techniques / mindgames for the initial catch too, if you intend to make this a mini-guide of sorts.

Edited by Slayze, 07 May 2011 - 01:34 PM.

#9 Aishi

Aishi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:46 AM

It might help if you let me know how much aim you have. Do you mean this Saturday or the next? I'm a little busy, but as long as it's not at some odd times of the day, it should be fine. I just want a PvP match with you playing how you described in your post (assuming that's how you usually play). Personally, I think it's just something that looks good on paper, but doesn't really work too well under non-simulated conditions, so I want to test it out.

310 average, give or take 30.

Parents drunk, so it was safer to sleep the night. I'll be home late tonight if you're still there.

As for weekdays, whenever I'm on. School, so expect me to be on around evening.

For air launch > upper screwdriver, it should only be done if the opponent uses instant air teching, which probably isn't that common, even on WarpPortal, right?
Considering reaction time and all too.
It gives the opponent a pretty big opening if you mess up on it. (shootdown, cutdown, delayed air tech towards the side and counter, etc)

I personally believe it's a fairly bad idea to anti-air an air teching archer with upper screwdriver if you know the archer's going to be using shootdown though...
I wouldn't recommend catching with cutdown / air launch (or anything single-hit) against anyone with block or high evade too.

You should add some techniques / mindgames for the initial catch too, if you intend to make this a mini-guide of sorts.

To my experience, launch into Upper Screw hits regardless, and people do happen to air tech pretty often in WP. I have to say, I am influenced by the old 50/50 setups back when Final Destination picked up off the ground but it's a situation that has been completely removed and holds no bearing over what actively goes on in PvP atm.

Also, you seem to forget how well Upper Screw recovers, it's not unlike fly in the fact that you are given some leeway to maneuver in the air post-usage. As for anti-airing an Archer, more or less you can play it pretty safe but it's always up to the player to judge risk v reward. tbh, Crazy Soul does help, it's not something you should rely on but it's there, it's not going away in higher levels of PvP, people need to deal with it, exploit it when you can.

You can recommend this and personally believe that, but it's just my analyzation of minor nuances in a PvP situation. Whether you do it is up to you, but relating to my experience, much of this stuff works (The anti-airing an Archer bit did happen to proc Crazy Soul, nonetheless, it's a situation that can legitimately arise, so I added it in). I'm not telling you to do anything, but it's always nice to explore and test your limits in PvP, break away from the more common playstyles and make it your own.

Edited by Aishi, 08 May 2011 - 06:53 AM.

#10 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:21 PM

I can't say too much since I haven't really been able to get any real PvP matches recently, but here's a few things based on our match:

• Catching with air combo launch, as expected, is terrible.
  • One of your Q/A deals with what to do if your opponent lag walks after FD, though you did not apply that yourself, and as a result, had instances where your attack did not connect.
  • Cutdown between the two hits of aerial kick does not get me out. It will, however, allow warriors to escape.
  • I don't feel like you've applied much of the chasing techniques that you've described.
  • Following up an interruption after an aerial recover is not practical if your opponent has enough movespeed.
  • Caught you a lot during recovery time for aerial kick.
@Slayze: I have our first match recorded, and I'll upload it this week.

#11 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:53 PM

Do you do demonstrations? I believe a bunch of those don't work.

#12 Aishi

Aishi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:43 AM

I can't say too much since I haven't really been able to get any real PvP matches recently, but here's a few things based on our match:

• Catching with air combo launch, as expected, is terrible.
  • One of your Q/A deals with what to do if your opponent lag walks after FD, though you did not apply that yourself, and as a result, had instances where your attack did not connect.
  • Cutdown between the two hits of aerial kick does not get me out. It will, however, allow warriors to escape.
  • I don't feel like you've applied much of the chasing techniques that you've described.
  • Following up an interruption after an aerial recover is not practical if your opponent has enough movespeed.
  • Caught you a lot during recovery time for aerial kick.
@Slayze: I have our first match recorded, and I'll upload it this week.

Can't disagree with your points. I'd like to find more diverse people to PvP but it takes effort searching for them outside my guild and friends list, which can be a kind of hassle sometimes. Aerial Kick is horribly slow and prone to Mist but there were times here and there that I caught you, I have to find a way to initiate somehow otherwise you can run circles and fly me all day. As for lag walks, I applied it a few times, but last I recall those do not visually appear on your screen, correct? Your movespeed is definitely something I have yet to encounter (Aside from Kimimaro, but he plays completely different and our match was some time ago) so I tried playing more on the fly, roll timing and recovery feel very off. I don't think I can apply tech chasing in any consistent way due to the difference in move speed, it literally has to be a guess. Even when I did guess correctly Final Destination gave the little spark but didn't connect or do damage, once it did and I followed up on a stun but nothing big. Another time was when you were in Ninja Trans and canceled out before I could.

Anyways, my point is, movespeed, changes things up. Sorry I couldn't fully demonstrate, but seeing the points that you've made it seems like they're out of exclusion? Or, I'm thinking too much. I did notice that your tendency to Swift ~> Dash down Ambush was very consistent, along with using Ambush the stun on rocket punch dropped. I wanted to burrow in between but the I used it elsewhere every time, the latter I did a time or two, it ended up trading and I dropped into another failed stun.

I did catch you twice out of Judgement when you rolled up and tried to Ambush/Swift, that just stuck in my head. Also accidentally using Rolling Stinger while you were burrowed gave me a good laugh =]

Anyways, final scores were something along the lines of 2-5 / 2-5 / 0-5 * 4-5 / x_x / 5-4 / 5-3 / 5-3. The first four and last two are numerically correct. Can't recall the fifth. These scores are arbitrary but they indicate an obvious trend when I switched over to a movespeed set (*). I definitely got some use out of matching your movespeed (It looked like you had about 13% more on me?) that reflected on the game scores.

Edit: I use editing to proofread, for anyone who would like to point out my routine use of it. ^_ ^

Edited by Aishi, 09 May 2011 - 03:08 AM.

#13 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:05 AM

Can't disagree with your points. I'd like to find more diverse people to PvP but it takes effort searching for them outside my guild and friends list, which can be a kind of hassle sometimes. Aerial Kick is horribly slow and prone to Mist but there were times here and there that I caught you, I have to find a way to initiate somehow otherwise you can run circles and fly me all day. As for lag walks, I applied it a few times, but last I recall those do not visually appear on your screen, correct? Your movespeed is definitely something I have yet to encounter (Aside from Kimimaro, but he plays completely different and our match was some time ago) so I tried playing more on the fly, roll timing and recovery feel very off. I don't think I can apply tech chasing in any consistent way due to the difference in move speed, it literally has to be a guess. Even when I did guess correctly Final Destination gave the little spark but didn't connect or do damage, once it did and I followed up on a stun but nothing big. Another time was when you were in Ninja Trans and canceled out before I could.

Anyways, my point is, movespeed, changes things up. Sorry I couldn't fully demonstrate, but seeing the points that you've made it seems like they're out of exclusion? Or, I'm thinking too much. I did notice that your tendency to Swift ~> Dash down Ambush was very consistent, along with using Ambush the stun on rocket punch dropped. I wanted to burrow in between but the I used it elsewhere every time, the latter I did a time or two, it ended up trading and I dropped into another failed stun.

I did catch you twice out of Judgement when you rolled up and tried to Ambush/Swift, that just stuck in my head. Also accidentally using Rolling Stinger while you were burrowed gave me a good laugh =]

Anyways, final scores were something along the lines of 2-5 / 2-5 / 0-5 * 4-5 / x_x / 5-4 / 5-3 / 5-3. The first four and last two are numerically correct. Can't recall the fifth. These scores are arbitrary but they indicate an obvious trend when I switched over to a movespeed set (*). I definitely got some use out of matching your movespeed (It looked like you had about 13% more on me?) that reflected on the game scores.

Edit: I use editing to proofread, for anyone who would like to point out my routine use of it. ^_ ^

I don't think the movespeed matching was what made the difference, but rather that you had 3.5k more attack than me in the first place, and I lost around 2k def by switching over to more movespeed so that I could match your higher mspd/lower aim.

In the first few matches, our movespeed was pretty similar, unless I went into ninja form, which adds an additional 30% mspd. On the lag walk issue, I don't see myself lag walking, but I can tell that I had based on your actions.

#14 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Server:...

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:38 PM

;) ;) ;)

#15 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:14 PM

Do you do demonstrations? I believe a bunch of those don't work.

#16 Aishi

Aishi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

I don't think the movespeed matching was what made the difference, but rather that you had 3.5k more attack than me in the first place, and I lost around 2k def by switching over to more movespeed so that I could match your higher mspd/lower aim.

In the first few matches, our movespeed was pretty similar, unless I went into ninja form, which adds an additional 30% mspd. On the lag walk issue, I don't see myself lag walking, but I can tell that I had based on your actions.

Kind of expected this reply/respond/retaliation.

Anyways, yeah, whisper me in game if you'd like. We can play.

#17 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:57 AM

ACL/Cutdown > USD does not connect. Even with no movespeed, I was able to tech out between the two skills and punish the opponent with a full combo while he was in the middle of USD. Test was done with no block.

Edited by Yurai, 10 May 2011 - 05:59 AM.

#18 Aishi

Aishi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:13 AM

ACL/Cutdown > USD does not connect. Even with no movespeed, I was able to tech out between the two skills and punish the opponent with a full combo while he was in the middle of USD. Test was done with no block.

Noted. But do consider the timing of the tech, it has often worked for me before on various people and has been teched out of before. Cutdown ~> USD is really a long shot simply because of how delayed they would have to tech (or not at all) but I don't see how it can be detrimental if you have no other option besides AF~>Judge. If it was consistently punishable, I'd say drop it.

How exactly did you punish it? When you say "full combo" I'm curious as to what you mean.

Edited by Aishi, 10 May 2011 - 07:15 AM.

#19 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:41 PM

Aerial recovery + mist/rocket punch. What else? It gets even easier when people have more movespeed... and with the cash and randomizers... expect decent PvPers to have at least 30%. Instead of using Upper Screwdriver, predict where they'll land with a FD.

As for moonwalk, there's a ~1 second invulnerability period after the animation as you pointed out. It's not JUST ESP, it's everything. Nothing you do in the period of time will take effect/deal damage. Use that time to reposition.

One flinch from Cossack is usually enough for you to follow up with FD. Two if you have slow reaction time or movespeed.

Dread Judge is extremely punishable if you're playing against someone who knows how to roll and has high movespeed.

Best way to deal with FD lagwalks is to dash away and RP. Not only does it let you follow up with cossack much easier, it's also alot safer than RP'ing from right next to their disappearance spot.

I find there's only two equipment sets for Harle. Either you go all out with cash and do a CD/evade hybrid with the new bone set, or you do a movespeed build. Harle gameplay is mostly prediction, and movespeed helps alot with positioning.

#20 Aishi

Aishi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:03 AM

I find there's only two equipment sets for Harle. Either you go all out with cash and do a CD/evade hybrid with the new bone set, or you do a movespeed build. Harle gameplay is mostly prediction, and movespeed helps alot with positioning.

Movespeed is great.

And there's no avoiding the standards of aim and evade.

I tried on a few things:
5 Piece Hero BD + Alex Glove + Kryos Shoe
5 Piece Hero BD + Alex Glove + Skeleton Band (Prefer this to the first anyways)
6 Piece Hero BD + Alex Glove
4 Piece Heirloom BD / 3 Piece Rare BD + 3 Piece Hero BD + Mutisha Shoulder
Alex + Hero BD Helm + Kryos + Laloom + 2 Piece Chaotic/Glorious
Alex + Hero BD Helm + Laloom or Hero BD top + 3 Piece Glorious
6 Piece Heirloom Bone + Alex

Blah, blah. It just seems like, wherever you can fit in 2 pieces for 40 agi, give or take, why not replace with a Hero BD Helm or Alex? Kind of forces building around it. Anyways, this is just me rambling. It's my random mixing and matching during waits for rooms to open that I just felt like posting. I want to try to integrate the Glorious Sets in with Alex and Kryos, I think the Evade % would really start to show. Otherwise, there's the Maximized End-Game Gear Guide for this, insightful Savage-related discussion going on there.

But from many a perspective, it's just the overall goodies of the Hero Bone set that gives it the appeal, not to mention saving up a slot with a shield to tack on another equip of your choosing.

#21 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:30 AM

Comparison:

What to wear:
[Hero] Undead Boned Helm
[Hero] Undead Bone Top
[Hero] Undead Bone Shoulder
[Hero] Undead Bone Pants
[Hero] Undead Bone Shoes
[Hero] Undead Bone Arms [Replacing Skeleton Bandage]
Premium Ursano Glove
Premium Necklace of Frozum
Ursano Solar Ring x2
[Hero]VanCliff Earring of Revival

What u gain:
2500 Hp , 120% CD , 37% movement speed , Around 2K defense , 10% Attack Decrease

What you lose:
28% Evade , 20Agi , 5 Acc

Roughly Possible Stats From Both Sets:
From Undead Bone Helm , 3 Part Level 64 CP Set , Ursano Glove , Kryonos Shoes with 25Agi 7%Acc Pet
6k Defense , 306 Evade , 392Acc , 37% Movement Speed , 70% CD ( Cashback,KimartWing,CashWeapon)

Roughly Possible Stats From Undead Sets:
8k Defense , 27x Evade , 38x Acc , 81% Movement Speed , 180% CD , 40Vit ( Cashback,KimartWing,CashWeapon)

Possible Damage Deal in PvP:
Rocket Punch Crit with Non Undead Set +17 Weapon 2 10# Ursano Solar Ring on 5k Defense Player
Critical : 6K
Final Decision Crit with Non Undead Set +17 Weapon 2 10# Ursano Solar Ring on 5k Defense Player
Critical : 2.5k - 3k
Final Decision Crit with Undead Set +17 Weapon 2 10# Ursano Solar Ring on 5k Defense Player
Critical : Probably 5k-6.5k Range

Just a Suggestion , for new Masqueraders to take into considering if you intending to build it

Original thread

#22 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

Of course you want aim in every build. I don't think a pure aim build for Harles will work very well. Don't think anyone wears full evade in 1 v 1's anyways.

#23 Aishi

Aishi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

^I think people only wear full evade if they know they're hitting that 70% evade cap.

Isn't there a number to evade that allows you to evade Provoke / Sleep / Freeze more efficiently? Back in THQ I heard everyone should be at atleast 60 evade for that reason or is it just hearsay?

As for the pure aim, that's somewhat arguable. Aim and movespeed are really all that you need. With the amount of agility that a thief can stack, I don't see why it won't work.

What I do see, is that if you're a "pure aim" build, you won't have enough evade for it to substantially matter (Trying to change that, personally) iirc, A pure aim build in technical terms is a focus on agility/aim. Honestly, in the end, it'll just end up that with so much agility you'll be stupid not to tack on evade anyways. It's either agi/health or agi/evade for special equipment after all. I know there's a formula for it running around, but I just go with 4 agi = 1 AR for the conservation of mental effort.

Also, with an influx of Grens I've been PvPing, Sign of Dragon Fellowship (11% MP) Ryvius's Necklace of Purity (10% rate: 15MP back per hit) and Lava Belt 3 (MP Recovery Speed +10%) feel like the best things since sliced bread. My character card is 10% MP, sometimes I feel it's worth it.

Edited by Aishi, 11 May 2011 - 02:58 PM.

#24 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

When I say pure aim, I mean setup for maximum aim. You'll have evade, but less than evade builds. Movespeed is still nr1 build though in 1 v 1's.

#25 Aishi

Aishi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:23 AM

bringupmypost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users