#101 Krenke

Krenke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:09 PM

yeah with over 3 hours of downtime bring servers back up only to be down for another 2 hours.

#102 OneKrackedMom

OneKrackedMom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA Go Blue!!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:11 PM

Two completely separate issues. Changing a price from one value to another is a simple change. Troubleshooting a quest, that so far we've been unable to replicate is quite more difficult, not to mention it is two different teams working on those tasks.

I would be happy to let you have my password for my toon that can't get the quest. Investigate away. I just want to get my fate quest done, been waiting for a month. Either that or take my tablets and choose Hebarn for me. =/

#103 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:11 PM

Yeeeeeep

#104 Acrylia

Acrylia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

I dunno maybe its jus me but if ur gonna take the time to do all this wouldn't you test it prior to make sure u dont have to go back and fix things over again and again for every lil thing they do?

#105 Acrylia

Acrylia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

you know its jsu easier to raise the price so we make more money off those that purchase points than to fix ur quest so u can go to orlo for free come on now tell me thats not delaying a fix jus to make some cash call me wrong but i think im on to something here lol.

#106 Krenke

Krenke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

i love the fact that the entire game haults just so item mall can get back up and running. really shouldnt be an issue since item mall is such a minor fix. yeah its used and all but it takes less skill to fix that than to do changes to quests and drop rates

#107 CastanhoBR

CastanhoBR

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:Burguer King

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:15 PM

Why not an puppy*n button CHECK/RE-UPDATE
WTF! I'm having problems with ALL updates, each week, i have to reinstall the game just to update the game!
What the puppy man!!

#108 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

I dunno maybe its jus me but if ur gonna take the time to do all this wouldn't you test it prior to make sure u dont have to go back and fix things over again and again for every lil thing they do?

People would then complain about the servers being down for extended durations.

Almost all games have this problem. They find stuff even after testing it. It's just something to expect.

Ever play Maplestory? ROSE is much faster compared to them. Their server maintenances last 6-10 hours and they often extend them for longer.

#109 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

Why not an puppy*n button CHECK/RE-UPDATE
WTF! I'm having problems with ALL updates, each week, i have to reinstall the game just to update the game!
What the puppy man!!

Yeah :s I think this is the third week in a row that I've had an issue patching. I patch..then the game errors out. so I have to unintstall and reinstall, which takes forever. Is there an easier fix to this?

#110 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:20 PM

why dont u guys do your patches earlier in the day when everybody is working or at school, this would solve soooooo many conflicts...

#111 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

People would then complain about the servers being down for extended durations.

Almost all games have this problem. They find stuff even after testing it. It's just something to expect.

Ever play Maplestory? ROSE is much faster compared to them. Their server maintenances last 6-10 hours and they often extend them for longer.

Yes but they have a lot more content and item mall to add each time they do maintenance.

#112 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

If you're having issues patching, it's not a problem with the patcher. It's your PC and your requirements. Make sure to clean your registries.

I updated just fine, so it's not an issue with the Patcher.

You can also use GenPatch. It may help you.

Yes but they have a lot more content and item mall to add each time they do maintenance.

Yeah, I see that, as I've worked on a successful Private Server myself.

But, still, whatever the case I'm sure they've tested the patch. There's always going to be small little things they notice later on. This just tends to be a bit bigger and it didn't happen before the patch was implemented. Just give it time and it'll be resolved just like last week.

why dont u guys do your patches earlier in the day when everybody is working or at school, this would solve soooooo many conflicts...

No matter what time, people are going to be cut off from playing. I don't see the reason to switch times. Whatever time is best for them to work and implement it is the time it should be added. That's how I see it.

Edited by Rukario, 05 May 2011 - 06:28 PM.

#113 itachi69

itachi69

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:leonis

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

back in the day i dont rember this much hassel with updates. I dont understand why everyone has such a proublem with the IM. If they were just throwing out random usless junk i could understand. But Differnt color wings is something we could use a lot more of. And New wings all together 0.o that sounds great. Mabey a few new cart ideas and new im weapons would be great too.

#114 itachi69

itachi69

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

oh yea and Mini CG that would be intresting.....

#115 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

If you're having issues patching, it's not a problem with the patcher. It's your PC and your requirements. Make sure to clean your registries.

I updated just fine, so it's not an issue with the Patcher.

You can also use GenPatch. It may help you.

I have the same problem with GenPatch(which I got when I first rejoined the game..do to problems with the rose launcher not finishing a patch update)..and my laptop is only five months old..and the system is fine--I keep the registry clean, soo..other ideas?

#116 Krenke

Krenke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

i think IM weapons for class would be going way to far. it would lead to IM gear set essential for game-play unless you want to auto lose in pvp leading to the game basically being pay to play again thus losing a lot more players. the game needs to move away from item mall a bit rather than keep digging deeper and deeper into it. i understand that item mall is the way for them to make money but it cant be essential for fair game-play thats just 100% wrong.

#117 Acrylia

Acrylia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTexas

jus blame R.O.S.E. its much easier lol

#118 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

I have the same problem with GenPatch(which I got when I first rejoined the game..do to problems with the rose launcher not finishing a patch update)..and my laptop is only five months old..and the system is fine--I keep the registry clean, soo..other ideas?

Well honestly, and obviously, if GenPatch also has the same issue, it's an issue with your system.

What's your Operating System, and what type of User Account are you using currently? (if on Windows.)

i think IM weapons for class would be going way to far. it would lead to IM gear set essential for game-play unless you want to auto lose in pvp leading to the game basically being pay to play again thus losing a lot more players. the game needs to move away from item mall a bit rather than keep digging deeper and deeper into it. i understand that item mall is the way for them to make money but it cant be essential for fair game-play thats just 100% wrong.

Weapons will most likely give next to 0 stats, just like most Armors. Armors that do give beneficial stats still require the same level that is needed to have those types of stats to begin with. So, in the end, if weapons give stats deemed worthy for their level, it would be no difference than getting a drop of an item similar to it in the game. Therefore, no problems.

Edited by Rukario, 05 May 2011 - 06:35 PM.

#119 glenriz25

glenriz25

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

coz they need introduce more IM to make profit for them to keep this game alive, and this is a free to play game remember

#120 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:35 PM

coz they need introduce more IM to make profit for them to keep this game alive, and this is a free to play game remember

That reply was in response to Maplestory, not R.O.S.E., but yes, we need the IM in order to run our game as a whole and provide funds for employees.

#121 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:35 PM

Well honestly, and obviously, if GenPatch also has the same issue, it's obviously an issue with your system.

What's your Operating System, and what type of User Account are you using currently? (if on Windows.)

Windows 7..Like I said, its a brand new laptop..

and I have run the program as an administrator and a regular user and am experiencing the same problem. I even tried to repair the program through the repair thing they have..but that doesn't work either. Hahaha. Repair option = failure.

But once I uninstall it and reinstall it--it functions fine.

#122 Krenke

Krenke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:37 PM

Yes thats understanding but all the updates can not be purely Item Mall. There needs to be real game content added as well seeing as there is many more plants to be made that could be created and put in the game with no way of getting to them and then on the release date all the bugs would be worked out and would be all smooth. New items to be introduced would be good as well. so the gear sets are not limited to everyone having the same thing maybe 2 or 3 different versions of items for the same level with a different look and different stats would be nice. add a little more diversity to the game.

#123 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

Windows 7..Like I said, its a brand new laptop..

and I have run the program as an administrator and a regular user and am experiencing the same problem. I even tried to repair the program through the repair thing they have..but that doesn't work either. Hahaha. Repair option = failure.

But once I uninstall it and reinstall it--it functions fine.

It could be issues with Windows 7 in general. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it for the fact I would need to look at it myself. It may be an issue with your system when trying to overwrite files in your C:\, blocking it and then canceling the patch update. I hope this at least gives you a bit of insight on what may be the issue. Otherwise I honestly don't know. I run Windows XP SP2.

EDIT: On a side note, I have owned and ran Windows 7 myself, so I'm not a random guesser.

EDIT2: Try bringing the Gravity folder in your C:\ to your Desktop and then try updating. That may fix the issue.

Yes thats understanding but all the updates can not be purely Item Mall. There needs to be real game content added as well seeing as there is many more plants to be made that could be created and put in the game with no way of getting to them and then on the release date all the bugs would be worked out and would be all smooth. New items to be introduced would be good as well. so the gear sets are not limited to everyone having the same thing maybe 2 or 3 different versions of items for the same level with a different look and different stats would be nice. add a little more diversity to the game.

Hmm... keep in mind Maintenance is ran every week and not bi-weekly or monthly. If that were the case, I'm sure they would have more time to prepare presentable material to you and/or other members who are having high hopes on fixes.

Edited by Rukario, 05 May 2011 - 06:46 PM.

#124 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:45 PM

It could be issues with Windows 7 in general. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it for the fact I would need to look at it myself. It may be an issue with your system when trying to overwrite files in your C:\, blocking it and then canceling the patch update. I hope this at least gives you a bit of insight on what may be the issue. Otherwise I honestly don't know. I run Windows XP SP2.

Right, so I'm actually computer literate--so I'm pretty much without any insight to the problem still. And if it cancelled the patch update..then wouldn't I have the same problem when I reinstall the game and repatch everything? I was doing fine weeks ago with patches..just todays and the two before it that I've been having a problem.. I've even tried windows restore to a point where a patch still worked---Thinking maybe I did something to settings or some crap that is keeping it from updating right.. so I guess. I'm stuck uninstalling and reinstalling the game every week. -.-

#125 itachi69

itachi69

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:45 PM

I love that idea have 3-5 suits/weapons for the same class /same lvl just have different looks. And Some sort of new vehical would be nice.......hovercraft........Mini CG...........flying cloud.........Monster Truck...... just a few ideas and make them limited....500 instead of 50,000. oh and Wheres the alien suit/ the ninja suit/ mime suit.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users