Flapping Angel headband. Worth it? Other questions too! - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Flapping Angel headband. Worth it? Other questions too!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:01 AM

I got a few questions on its stats, is it a total 3% aspd increase which means at my 161 aspd it'll probally give about 4 or 5? Also what is Variable Cast time?

Also should I play on vip or valk server. I notice on valk server even as a vip we still lose 25% zeny value on dropped loot. Kinda silly imo vip's should get full value XD. Anyway.

Aco->monk->Sura, what stats and skills should I aim for? like what should I have when my aco hits job lv 50 stat and skill wise?

Merchant->Alch->Genetist, what stats and skills?

Got a thief I am lving too but they are pretty easy to plan out.

Kinda picky about server since you need to pay to get into the vip server, won't be many real lowlevels in it for me to hang with, thats why I started on valk instead.

#2 Michelle

Michelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationThe Third Half of Dimension X-7E
  • Server:notRO Tempoquitian

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:57 AM

ASPD isn't that simple, though: http://irowiki.org/wiki/ASPD

Simply put, the 3% isn't really that noticeable, you'd be better off spending that money on some other items or that VIP subcription.

Cast time for most skills (with a few exceptions) consists of 80% Variable and 20% Fixed cast time.
Variable cast time can be reduced with DEX and INT (where INT reduces half that of DEX) and certain skills/equipment. With enough stats/gears it can be reduced to nothing.

Fixed cast time is only reducable by certain skills or gears (most notable being Arch Bishop's Sacramenti; reducing 50% of fixed cast time). Fixed cast reductions do not stack, only the highest reduction applies.

I'm not entirely sure about monk builds, but as an Acolyte you need to get level 10 Divine Protection and Demon Bane in order to get any skills as a Monk.

The Alchemist class is generally pretty expensive, it isn't really easy for a beginning player..

#3 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:12 AM

ASPD isn't that simple, though: http://irowiki.org/wiki/ASPD

Simply put, the 3% isn't really that noticeable, you'd be better off spending that money on some other items or that VIP subcription.

Cast time for most skills (with a few exceptions) consists of 80% Variable and 20% Fixed cast time.
Variable cast time can be reduced with DEX and INT (where INT reduces half that of DEX) and certain skills/equipment. With enough stats/gears it can be reduced to nothing.

Fixed cast time is only reducable by certain skills or gears (most notable being Arch Bishop's Sacramenti; reducing 50% of fixed cast time). Fixed cast reductions do not stack, only the highest reduction applies.

I'm not entirely sure about monk builds, but as an Acolyte you need to get level 10 Divine Protection and Demon Bane in order to get any skills as a Monk.

The Alchemist class is generally pretty expensive, it isn't really easy for a beginning player..

Yeah just did the math or rather used the calculator and at my level that Flapping angel headband only adds 1 attack speed. totally not worth 10 bucks IMO. I'll keep my wig simply for the increased movement speed for now.

#4 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

the description on the wings is very misleading given the way that particular bonus works. aspd percentages are applied after the reductions from agi and dex, and even those are not acutally increases in speed but infact reductions in delay. this item adds a percentage reduction in delay that is additive with other percentage reductions in delay. you can check the calc but basicly it's like this, figure your attack speed as a delay, subtract your ASPD from 200 and you get a number you can use as delay. lets say 161 is your aspd, that makes your delay 39, 39 - 3% = 38 rounded up, you'll have 162 with the hat. same deal with conc/awake/berserk pots, they add a percentage. now if you havent figured out the problem with this system, i'll make it perfectly clear. items like this are less and less effective as you increase your AGI, the dex ASPD nerf we got with renewal is related to this as well. really any item with a percentage increase under the current system should be working on the order of 10/15/20% instead of the miniscule 3% on so many items. i could understand 3% if it reduced the 200 by 3%, then the effect curve would improve with agi/dex slightly all the way until the ASPD cap is reached but as it is now it's effects curve down sharply as agi/dex go up. you used to be able to get 10 more aspd out of maxing dex but this is "working as intended" to be like 3 ASPD increase with 1 agi and 0.13 with 99 agi, agi actually reduces the aspd gained from dex. kinda off topic i guess but either way, owning one myself, the hat isnt worth it.

#5 NeoJC

NeoJC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:00 PM

why does this has to be uber complex x_x

#6 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

ASPD is a measure of delay between attacks.

In measurements of actual attack speed, you can figure 50/(200-ASPD) attacks per second-- at 190 ASPD, that's 5 hits per second, and at max ASPD for a third class, it's a touch over 7 hits per second.

You're right in saying that the percentage reduction yields less drastic changes as ASPD increases-- however, consider also the exponential growth as ASPD approaches 200. The difference between 161 and 162 ASPD is a difference of 50/38 - 50/39 difference, or roughly one thirtieth of an attack per second difference. Now consider the effect of the wings at 180 ASPD.

200-180 = 20 * 97% = 19.4, your new reduction in delay between attacks.

50/20 = 2.5, 50/19.4 = 2.57, or .07 attacks per second difference (one fourteenth)

At 190 ASPD (assuming 190 is not the cap), your reduction goes from 10 to 9.7 with the wings. The former is obviously 5 attacks per second, the latter is 5.155 attacks per second, or two thirteenths of an attack per second difference.

It does benefit moreso at higher ASPDs, and I would argue that around 185+ is the only time anyone would feasible bother to use them..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users