Question for kRO players - future class balance and party balance - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question for kRO players - future class balance and party balance

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

I'm a longtime player (started in beta) who used to love this game, but 2 things about Renewal kinda killed it for me - the removal of partying and the fact that melee is at a power level that makes basically all other classes obsolete. Note: I'm talking purely about PvE here, I realize that while WoE somewhat favors some classes, everyone has value there.

The iRO staff is going to fix the share rules, and that paired with the VIP dungeon system should not only address the partying issue, but make the game a lot more quest-based as well, something many of us have hoped for forever. Awesome... and one of 2 major problems solved.

This does not, however, address the fact that most non-melee classes would essentially be leeching in these dungeons due to their relative power level.

I know that future updates make some attempt to fix this, and that 13.3 gear in particular goes out of its way to massively favor casters and ranged characters in an effort to correct the balance. Is it enough? Do people actually want healers, nukers, shooters, and support in current kRO parties, or is the game still largely a pure melee fest over there?

Edited by Mwrip, 06 May 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#2 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:52 AM

I cannot speak for Warlocks and Arch Bishop's but as a Ranger the answer is no. How can we compare to 30k+ AoE damage that is either instant (Rampaging Blaster), super fast cast (Over Brand) or uninterruptable (Dragon Breath)? All of which can survive far better than we can...

Edited by Clogon, 07 May 2011 - 02:54 AM.

#3 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:02 AM

I cannot speak for Warlocks and Arch Bishop's but as a Ranger the answer is no. How can we compare to 30k+ AoE damage that is either instant (Rampaging Blaster), super fast cast (Over Brand) or uninterruptable (Dragon Breath)? All of which can survive far better than we can...

With your awesome traps avaliable to put under your target spamming it over and over again... I saw a Ranger soloing a Fallen Bishop MvP in that way... I wanna do the same with my Warlock Posted Image

#4 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:08 AM

I saw a Ranger soloing a Fallen Bishop MvP in that way...

The iRO staff is going to fix the share rules, and that paired with the VIP dungeon system should not only address the partying issue, but make the game a lot more quest-based as well, something many of us have hoped for forever. Awesome... and one of 2 major problems solved.

Did you even read the question?

Edited by Clogon, 07 May 2011 - 03:09 AM.

#5 Dantemss

Dantemss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:46 AM

Did you even read the question?

Sorry Clogon, but that didn't make any sense. He answered your question "How can we compare..." by reminding you rangers have some of the highest instant cast AoE DPS in the game. (which heals them to boot)

Edited by Dantemss, 07 May 2011 - 05:47 AM.

#6 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:46 AM

Another reason y all 3rd Class skill should be nerf...They are all too way powerful that they can go solo on their own...

#7 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:25 PM

Sorry Clogon, but that didn't make any sense. He answered your question "How can we compare..." by reminding you rangers have some of the highest instant cast AoE DPS in the game. (which heals them to boot)

This topic is about Partying not Soloing. DPS is nothing compared to burst if the burst can 1 shot the mob. In a party, 1 shotting mobs as they come is much more efficient than waiting 3-4s for them to die. A classes soloing capabilities have nothing to do with what they can contribute to a party. No map gives good enough spawns and exp/hp to support a standing party so luring monsters to traps is a lot slower than killing them the moment they reach the melee class. Why wait for a Caster to finish casting when the mobs die to the Melee's AoE's before the spell finishes?

Have you tried playing a Ranger in an ET party? Tell me how useful you are...

#8 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:11 PM

Yeah, it's partying that I'm asking about.

Normal monsters are so stupidly weak that pretty much everyone can steamroll them by spamming any high-powered skill. Well, anyone but ABs... they're pretty much screwed.

I miss the pre-Renewal party game, where a wizzie would crank out by far the highest damage (but needed constant protection), a tank would absorb insane amount of damage (but would die without a nuker's damage and crowd control), the priest would keep everyone alive and buffed, the sniper would take out that high exp, high HP target that the nuker couldn't take out easily (Banshees on the Necro map for instance), the bard would speed up the damage, etc, etc. It was a party system where every class had a role, and they all flowed together nicely.

Post-Renewal, it's: melee mobs, melee uses stronger skills than casters with lower cast times, melee kills in under a second, melee requires no healing because he was barely scratched, requires no buffs, and can just pot through everything. Repeat until 150, leave everyone else in the dust.

What I'm hoping is that that will change so the game becomes FUN again. Solo grinding through zero threat monsters isn't at all enjoyable.

#9 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:33 PM

Yeah, it's partying that I'm asking about.

Normal monsters are so stupidly weak that pretty much everyone can steamroll them by spamming any high-powered skill. Well, anyone but ABs... they're pretty much screwed.

I miss the pre-Renewal party game, where a wizzie would crank out by far the highest damage (but needed constant protection), a tank would absorb insane amount of damage (but would die without a nuker's damage and crowd control), the priest would keep everyone alive and buffed, the sniper would take out that high exp, high HP target that the nuker couldn't take out easily (Banshees on the Necro map for instance), the bard would speed up the damage, etc, etc. It was a party system where every class had a role, and they all flowed together nicely.

Post-Renewal, it's: melee mobs, melee uses stronger skills than casters with lower cast times, melee kills in under a second, melee requires no healing because he was barely scratched, requires no buffs, and can just pot through everything. Repeat until 150, leave everyone else in the dust.

What I'm hoping is that that will change so the game becomes FUN again. Solo grinding through zero threat monsters isn't at all enjoyable.

Yeah... No changes this extreme happened yet. Especially since the killing powers of melee classes haven't decreased at all. Yes WL's can use spell reading and release much more often but they can't benefit from Amp so the damage is much weaker than melee's. The weak matk formula of RE doesn't help this at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users