Need a better way to Niff - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need a better way to Niff

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

Can we have a better way to get to Niff, I'm tired of bungie jumping and getting through the dungeon is a pain for lower levels. Please and thank you That's all. =)

But seriously, trying to do the 2nd seal and the biggest waste of time is getting to Niff...

Edited by ensignfluke, 06 May 2011 - 09:53 PM.

#2 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

Can we have a better way to get to Niff, I'm tired of bungie jumping and getting through the dungeon is a pain for lower levels. Please and thank you That's all. =)

But seriously, trying to do the 2nd seal and the biggest waste of time is getting to Niff...

Uh I coulda swore that umbala dungeon is gone and all you have to do is walk through Yggdrasil to get to niff...

#3 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

Yea, to Niff dungeon, but not the city. And the dungeon is a pain to get through for lower level characters.

#4 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:25 PM

I had no problems running to niff on my noob character for the reset. As what Akihiro stated, the umbala dun was removed. You just have to go through the Yggdrasil tree -> Niff 1 -> Niff 2 -> Niff town. Bring a lot of fly wings. Another option is if you have a priest on a secondary account use it to res yourself at the bungee jump. Its not that hard, the whole process should take 5 minutes at most.

#5 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:40 PM

It's faster to go through the ygg dungeon than bugee jumping.

#6 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:50 PM

Another option is if you have a priest on a secondary account use it to res yourself at the bungee jump. Its not that hard, the whole process should take 5 minutes at most.

Shouldn't really need a second account for quests this simple. And while you can get to Niff on the first try, did it once, you can also take 20mins if you're unlucky. Gotta love RO randomness.

It's faster to go through the ygg dungeon than bugee jumping.

Not if you die!

Edited by ensignfluke, 06 May 2011 - 11:52 PM.

#7 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:05 AM

Take a little break then try again later. It can get annoying indeed in regards to the bungee jump. You can also buy a token box for self res if you died on the way.

#8 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:54 AM

When ur on the Plank, go to the most(stand)left edge of the plank and click 1 tile north from it..U will drop straight into Niff

Edited by Dukeares, 07 May 2011 - 12:54 AM.

#9 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:46 AM

Monsters won't touch you if you fly wing fast enough, I can get novices in to niff through the dungeon ;p Just wait for a lucky wing.

#10 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:23 AM

Is this yet another cry for easy mode RO?

Either get stronger, make friends that are willing to help or deal with the bungee jump.

Edited by MrBudd, 07 May 2011 - 04:26 AM.

#11 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:32 PM

Either get stronger, make friends that are willing to help or deal with the bungee jump.

It's not a cry for easy mode RO at all, it's a call for common sense in how quests are made in renewal. Before renewal, you could do most quests except for maybe parts of the Nameless and Siblings ones with the character level they were intended for. When renewal came, that went out the window because the developers did a half arsed job of implementing renewal and forgot to fix all the quests in item and level requirements, not to mention exp rewards. Look at the How the Airship Works quest for example. It's a quest you can do at level 60, but it requires you to kill monsters that are level 118 and 120 now and gives a wonderful 20k base and 1k job exp as a reward. How in the world is that worth it? So shove your cry for easy mode RO comments up your you know what.

ps. Sorry for the late reply, was enjoying a day at the zoo and beach yesterday. =)

#12 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

RO is already in Easy mode.... and Thank to the Plank we don't need to walk to niff...i 99's my sin twice and 99 my priest there with niff Turn in quest~ pre~renewal..

"When renewal came, that went out the window because the developers did a half arsed job of implementing renewal and forgot to fix all the quests in item and level requirements, not to mention exp rewards. Look at the How the Airship Works quest for example. It's a quest you can do at level 60, but it requires you to kill monsters that are level 118 and 120 now and gives a wonderful 20k base and 1k job exp as a reward"

now that a big problem. Probably the Iro Staff though the developer had balance all the quest when they implement the renewal patch.

oh btw: "trying to do the 2nd seal and the biggest waste of time is getting to Niff."
~Well wait till you do Seal of Mjolnir quest

Edited by Dukeares, 09 May 2011 - 04:38 AM.

#13 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:01 PM

It's not a cry for easy mode RO at all, it's a call for common sense in how quests are made in renewal. Before renewal, you could do most quests except for maybe parts of the Nameless and Siblings ones with the character level they were intended for. When renewal came, that went out the window because the developers did a half arsed job of implementing renewal and forgot to fix all the quests in item and level requirements, not to mention exp rewards. Look at the How the Airship Works quest for example. It's a quest you can do at level 60, but it requires you to kill monsters that are level 118 and 120 now and gives a wonderful 20k base and 1k job exp as a reward. How in the world is that worth it? So shove your cry for easy mode RO comments up your you know what.

ps. Sorry for the late reply, was enjoying a day at the zoo and beach yesterday. =)

Ooooook I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but a level 60 definitely is able to make it through niff dungeon - The monsters do not hurt.

To prove the point, I took my level 42, 1 vit, badly geared aco (though I'm sure I could have done this near gearless) into niff town and even frapsed it for you.

enjoy the slow loading time due to fraps

Edited by Xellie, 08 May 2011 - 02:12 PM.

#14 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:00 PM

Bungee jumping is the easiest; have an aco memo the spot in the water next to the cell that transports you and rewarp whenever you die.

#15 arsn89

arsn89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationMassfag

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:33 PM

• Convex Mirrors added to Kafra Shop
  • Could get +10 equips without risk of breaking if said item is already +7
  • Automatic +7 food buffs
  • Might possibly get GTB buff scrolls in the future

Dude you are already a little to late, we've became baby mode.

#16 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

• Could get +10 equips without risk of breaking if said item is already +7
  • Automatic +7 food buffs

Dude you are already a little to late, we've became baby mode.

These ones aren't so bad imo. HD's from +4 on the other hand... but i do agree with Mr.budd that people want the game easier than what it already is.

#17 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:50 AM

I don't see why they should higher the level requirements on this quest. Lots of people at the base level are able to complete it and will continue to do so in the future

If I can complete the Veins Sibling quest pre-renewal on two characters that would get one shot by everything and anything in Thors, you can do this, easily. Just relax, take some fly wings, teleport clip, whatever you think you'll need to get through there.

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 09 May 2011 - 12:55 AM.

#18 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:12 AM

did seal2 on 6 chars, never took long to get to niffel via bungee. Usually 4 tries. If you're unlucky it takes like 10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users