Bring back turn in quests permanently please - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

Bring back turn in quests permanently please

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#51 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

how is a moving party a problem to a bard or dancer? any decent performer class will flash strings/etc and then move on. a bard that has strings up and tries to keep up with a party by walking with it up shouldnt be in the party in the first place

#52 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:27 AM

how is a moving party a problem to a bard or dancer? any decent performer class will flash strings/etc and then move on. a bard that has strings up and tries to keep up with a party by walking with it up shouldnt be in the party in the first place

Wasn't just talking about solo skills, but I guess not everyone thinks of skills like mental sensing anymore. That skill would thrive in a system where everyone got 100% exp

#53 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

A return of Permanent Turn in quest is a Good idea it actually help to promote the game and help it to stay alive. Beside it let all those newbies and loner out there to get together and widen their circle of friends while playing the game and have fun.

#54 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:47 AM

Turn ins are for the lazy, people need to stop being so damn greedy with EXP, learn to share and not have this need for instant gratification on leveling stupidly quickly. Turn ins just spoiled everyone into getting easy exp, exploiting the fact that a much higher level party member can 1shot monsters to get quicker turn ins. I'm pretty sure NO ONE is going to cry about bringing back turn ins if exp was 40-60% of the base exp value for the # of monsters killed, had a 15 min cool down and required that monster kills be from someone withing range to do the quest and not some 150 RK/Genetic thats helping everyone kill. These quests were originally meant as an ancillary source of EXP to boost the exp a party got from killing monsters in a share party, NOT as a primary source of getting EXP. If there's anything game breaking in this game, it's turn in quests with a wide level range. Why? Instead of playing this game with friends and going through the massive amount of game content that goes unused, people camp at turn in parties for the entire level range they can.

I honestly believe the party system is fine but what's broken is the whole penalty with killing tougher monsters. Increase it so that a group of players can take out something 16-20 levels higher and not get dinged for it. The new VIP dungeon is a fantastic place for partying but I don't see it being used much. A higher level dungeon of similar sort would be fantastic to see.

I really hope the folks that run Gravity don't spoil their kids the way they spoil the kids here.

Well if it was titans and AL all the time then i would agree with you. Harpies, medusas and even thors ti were quite reasonable turn in events. You could actually solo better exp elsewhere if you knew what you were doing and were geared but these events allowed ppl without such resources and knowhow to party. Given that plenty of ppl did participate and the rewards were not obscene i think such events are a good idea. I've seen so many returning and new players recently - lets encourage ppl to stay.

Edited by Anko, 09 May 2011 - 09:50 AM.

#55 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:48 AM

if there was a mental sensing party, the party wouldnt be moving in the first place

#56 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:35 AM

People usually cannot motivate to level for extended periods of time, leveling events allow for burst leveling where people can suck it up and level for a week then take a break. Permanent (even long lasting) events see diminishing amounts of players over time. If turn in events were permanent it would be harder and harder for people to motivate and make them less effective to the partying purpose they serve today.

#57 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:43 AM

People usually cannot motivate to level for extended periods of time, leveling events allow for burst leveling where people can suck it up and level for a week then take a break. Permanent (even long lasting) events see diminishing amounts of players over time. If turn in events were permanent it would be harder and harder for people to motivate and make them less effective to the partying purpose they serve today.

I agree that staying motivated to keep soloing in the same map for the next hours/days is really hard. If something like leveling is that much disgusting but needed, then it is just normal that people rush the events.

There aren't much things to do in group in RO other than Woe. RO needs more group activities, really @@.

Maybe permanent turn ins could be one of those starts, making the regular quests give rewarding exp could be another step, followed maybe by making instances like ET actually hard and rewarding (Endless tower used to be a fun option to do in group, but now it is just running behind the killers without having time or need to really support, maybe only in a few MVP floors), then the hard mode dungeons...

If leveling was fun, I don't think people would rush events that much or people trying the game quit after few days like currently.

#58 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:45 AM

@Mr.Budd
I mostly agree except that I do think changing the party system would be very nice if done right.
How it's currently, partying is rarely as good as solo, usually slowing you down too much.

So do you like the idea of share parties giving 100% exp to all members that saw the monster die?
or to everyone that either hit the monster at least once, or used a skill on any of the attackers?

Well the party system IMO opinion is fine. It's just a divvy of exp, better than a straight even divide on exp(although with a 2 person party it is a straight divvy). Being in a party is about being able to take on monsters you normally have trouble with solo. Monsters greater than 15 levels above are not worth killing because of the exp level penalty. I honestly believe people are just too damn greedy with exp. If it gets slower so what?? Being in a party isn't going to guarantee that your exp rate will go up. It CAN, if you have a party of 3 or 4 with 3 people killing at equal speed and 1 person supporting. People can come up with a million reasons on why the party system doesn't work but it all boils down to them not getting EXP as fast a going solo so they don't party and instead burn supplies.

One thing people will need to realize is that partying will never and should never yield exp close to the same level as soloing. People just need to stop being selfish and just party up and kill things with others for fun. If you can solo great, get in a party with 3 others who are soloing and you'll notice that your exp per hour goes up. Got leechers? kick em out. Upping the party exp share rate really only benefits the leechers. If you're in a semi effective party you should be getting 70-90% of exp you'd be getting else where anyways.

Do I like the idea of a share party giving 100% ofthe exp to all members?? No. It's a retarded notion brought up by slackers and those that think too much about themselves. If anything I just say make the monsters harder and give more exp, what gravity did with the VIP dungeon SHOULD be how regular monsters should be past level 100.

#59 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:00 AM

RO has classes and builds that are so damn hard to solo level unless you're willing to spend more money on skill/stat resets or another account with VIP to help so there should be some form of party quest because players don't make parties and run eden quest. This is iRO not kRO, iRO has more casual/social players and I'm sure kRO has more hardcore players because korean games are all grindfest. Yes RO is a old game but it isn't 2002 anymore they need to keep up with the times if they want to keep their players...just sayin.

#60 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:01 AM

100% on even share is pretty bad idea. should just give priests a priest only item or passive skill that increases exp they get when partyting only for themselves and for the person they are partying with on screen. no other class really needs help lvling

#61 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:01 AM

Well the party system IMO opinion is fine. It's just a divvy of exp, better than a straight even divide on exp(although with a 2 person party it is a straight divvy). Being in a party is about being able to take on monsters you normally have trouble with solo. Monsters greater than 15 levels above are not worth killing because of the exp level penalty. I honestly believe people are just too damn greedy with exp. If it gets slower so what?? Being in a party isn't going to guarantee that your exp rate will go up. It CAN, if you have a party of 3 or 4 with 3 people killing at equal speed and 1 person supporting. People can come up with a million reasons on why the party system doesn't work but it all boils down to them not getting EXP as fast a going solo so they don't party and instead burn supplies.

One thing people will need to realize is that partying will never and should never yield exp close to the same level as soloing. People just need to stop being selfish and just party up and kill things with others for fun. If you can solo great, get in a party with 3 others who are soloing and you'll notice that your exp per hour goes up. Got leechers? kick em out. Upping the party exp share rate really only benefits the leechers. If you're in a semi effective party you should be getting 70-90% of exp you'd be getting else where anyways.

Do I like the idea of a share party giving 100% ofthe exp to all members?? No. It's a retarded notion brought up by slackers and those that think too much about themselves. If anything I just say make the monsters harder and give more exp, what gravity did with the VIP dungeon SHOULD be how regular monsters should be past level 100.

Except for a few things, if you party for fun, then you are most probably going to be on the same screen, and then it would be a stuggle for the kills if you are all offensive classes, exp cut greatly since you are pretty much still doing as many kills per minute as before. If one in the party is supportive and you can solo fine on your own, he/she is unecessary and will just be a burden. If you spread out on the map and everyone is doing their own thing, then the exp is just cut without benefits.

#62 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

@Mr.Budd
How the hell is it selfish to want everyone to level faster, especially the classes that suck at it, and trying to turn a solo grind game where you play like a bot, into an enjoyable party experience?

My proposal is bad because its a retarded notion brought up by slackers. That's one genious way to explain why it's a bad idea I guess. Give me a break.

100% on even share is pretty bad idea. should just give priests a priest only item or passive skill that increases exp they get when partyting only for themselves and for the person they are partying with on screen. no other class really needs help lvling

So it would be ok for priests but not for any other class?
What's the difference?
This wouldn't noticeably affect the classes that can level fast already, it would only benefit the ones that don't. No need to decide which classes suck, the ones that suck are the ones that automatically benefit from it, that's the point.

Edited by Charon, 09 May 2011 - 11:49 AM.

#63 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

I honestly believe people are just too damn greedy with exp. If it gets slower so what?? Being in a party isn't going to guarantee that your exp rate will go up.

But think about renewal: there are like, 2 maps where you can level after being 130+. You can solo in a place fine, or add a support chara to be restricted to the same map by the level penalty, do almost exactly the same you were doing, but now get half exp. I don't find people not wanting to party to be greedy under that conditions, I would find them maybe not masochistic enough...

Monsters need to be treatening and require partying, and if they are really harder than what you can do solo, have scaled rewards in the right level.

Edited by Kadnya, 09 May 2011 - 12:07 PM.

#64 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

I don't find people not wanting to party to be greedy under that conditions, I would find them maybe not masochistic enough...

thank you, I was trying to write that but couldnt get the words together.

#65 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:18 PM

But think about renewal: there are like, 2 maps where you can level after being 130+. You can solo in a place fine, or add a support chara to be restricted to the same map by the level penalty, do almost exactly the same you were doing, but now get half exp. I don't find people not wanting to party to be greedy under that conditions, I would find them maybe not masochistic enough...

Monsters need to be treatening and require partying, and if they are really harder than what you can do solo, have scaled rewards in the right level.

I party with a AB at Dragons & Thors quite often. Soloing Gold Acidus is entirely doable but a total waste of supplies. Taking a 50% drop in exp isn't that big of a problem when I consider the fact that I can now survive without burning too many supplies. I could solo nameless as well but doing things solo gets boring fast.

I do agree that monsters need to be more threatening which is why I suggested that they make nightmarish versions of some noobie dungeons. I mean zombies and skeletons at level 130?? Sohees, Bonguns and Munaks at 135-140?? It'll be awesome.

#66 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:32 PM

RETURN THE Permanent TURN IN EVENT so the loser like us with no gear and Zeny can go party up and help each other to lv up and have fun everyday.

Gravity should nerf all the 3rd class skill so they cant got solo on their own..and force them to party

Edited by Dukeares, 09 May 2011 - 12:32 PM.

#67 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

point is no other class needs help lvling except for abs. every single other class can solo for more exp if you know what you are doing, obviously some far better than others. 100% even share doesnt necessarily encourage partying, it probably will create mass lvling of chars/alts/etc. the ability of gwinging would then make it so that you can then solo leech a bunch of chars at 100% rate easily.

the thing is with renewal, everyone wont lvl faster with the 100% share. most classes will still net more exp soloing and flywinging constantly and mobbing then stickin on screen with another char. unless gwinging is involved, it wont happen.

#68 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:54 PM

thats why im puzzled when people say this is something lazy people would want or similar.
true it would make people leech their chars, hence why I was trying to figure out how to prevent just that. For example so that only those get exp who interacted at leats once with the killers(buffing/healing) or the killed (attacking), but no clue if that would even be possible to code.
Making monsters more dangerous so that it wouldnt be safe to autofollow would help too.

Edited by Charon, 09 May 2011 - 12:57 PM.

#69 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

Except for a few things, if you party for fun, then you are most probably going to be on the same screen, and then it would be a stuggle for the kills if you are all offensive classes, exp cut greatly since you are pretty much still doing as many kills per minute as before. If one in the party is supportive and you can solo fine on your own, he/she is unecessary and will just be a burden. If you spread out on the map and everyone is doing their own thing, then the exp is just cut without benefits.

If you're taking out monsters that generally require 2-3 shots to kill, your killing efficiency increases. It's only a problem if you have a bunch of offensive classes that can all 1 shot monsters all in the same screen in which case it's better to spread out. There's no real counter argument here as you will only get more exp per hour in certain instances. You should never be getting 100% of the exp in a share party, emphasis on never and should. There are way too many people the pseudo game looking at numbers only to never realize somethings dont really matter that much especially since there's a counter argument/scenario for everything. Asking for such idealistic things is just retarded and shows how selfish people are.

I level with a AB, I lose 50% of the EXP, so what? I survive and have company. I add another person to help me kill things so that combined, we effectively one shot things, my exp per kill drops down to 37% (not 33.3% like in a equal divvy) but my killing efficiency goes up 100%. Granted I still don't make as much exp as I would in a solo effort as I still have the dead weight of an AB here, but without one I'd survive for maybe 15-20 minutes before running out of supplies. In the end I have 1 or 2 others that can play this game with me doing the same things. The whole concept of trying to maximize everything for self gain is just dumb and counter effective in the big picture. Don't tell me that everyone's attempt to maximize their exp per hour is not a selfish thing.

I really should pity all these kids here going through life trying to maximize things for themselves all the time. Actually no, I don't pity them. I'd laugh at them struggle when there's no one around willing to help them out when they need it cause they were too busy looking out for themselves.

#70 piri

piri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

RETURN THE Permanent TURN IN EVENT so the loser like us with no gear and Zeny can go party up and help each other to lv up and have fun everyday.

Gravity should nerf all the 3rd class skill so they cant got solo on their own..and force them to party

You don't need a turn-in event to do any of that.

You can party up and help each other and have fun everyday running through the eden quests or exploring maps with monsters that are suitable for your level. You would also learn more about the game, explore many different areas and become a more well-rounded and knowledgeable player. There is more to this game than omg guyz i need levels and zeny fast like now!

Nerfing all the 3rd class skills to force them to party isn't an answer, either.

#71 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:22 PM

If you're taking out monsters that generally require 2-3 shots to kill, your killing efficiency increases. It's only a problem if you have a bunch of offensive classes that can all 1 shot monsters all in the same screen in which case it's better to spread out. There's no real counter argument here as you will only get more exp per hour in certain instances. You should never be getting 100% of the exp in a share party, emphasis on never and should. There are way too many people the pseudo game looking at numbers only to never realize somethings dont really matter that much especially since there's a counter argument/scenario for everything. Asking for such idealistic things is just retarded and shows how selfish people are.

I level with a AB, I lose 50% of the EXP, so what? I survive and have company. I add another person to help me kill things so that combined, we effectively one shot things, my exp per kill drops down to 37% (not 33.3% like in a equal divvy) but my killing efficiency goes up 100%. Granted I still don't make as much exp as I would in a solo effort as I still have the dead weight of an AB here, but without one I'd survive for maybe 15-20 minutes before running out of supplies. In the end I have 1 or 2 others that can play this game with me doing the same things. The whole concept of trying to maximize everything for self gain is just dumb and counter effective in the big picture. Don't tell me that everyone's attempt to maximize their exp per hour is not a selfish thing.

I really should pity all these kids here going through life trying to maximize things for themselves all the time. Actually no, I don't pity them. I'd laugh at them struggle when there's no one around willing to help them out when they need it cause they were too busy looking out for themselves.

@Mr.Budd
How the hell is it selfish to want everyone to level faster, especially the classes that suck at it, and trying to turn a solo grind game where you play like a bot, into an enjoyable party experience?

My proposal is bad because its a retarded notion brought up by slackers. That's one genious way to explain why it's a bad idea I guess. Give me a break.

If you keep repeating, we don't get anywhere.
Give at least one reason why it would be bad and don't say because the people suck, seriously why would you even post if you don't give one actual argument.
So far we got "people would leech their chars". Anything else? If it's just this, I agree, so I'm trying to figure out how to prevent it.

#72 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

I party with a AB at Dragons & Thors quite often. Soloing Gold Acidus is entirely doable but a total waste of supplies. Taking a 50% drop in exp isn't that big of a problem when I consider the fact that I can now survive without burning too many supplies. I could solo nameless as well but doing things solo gets boring fast.

I do agree that monsters need to be more threatening which is why I suggested that they make nightmarish versions of some noobie dungeons. I mean zombies and skeletons at level 130?? Sohees, Bonguns and Munaks at 135-140?? It'll be awesome.

Why don't you normally party with, for example, a Gx, or a shadow chaser? In my opinion, it is because partying has had some problems since prerenewal.

While renewal added to the problem with limiting monster levels, reducing difficulty and making most characters have the same roles of AoE killers, there were problems that existed since before.

Outside of the basic reducing potions role of the bishop, there needs to be some more benefits for partying combinations like, a rogue with a bard, or a sader with a hunter, and so on. Maybe the problem is that RO has too many classes that balancing becomes too hard, but I do believe that the only reason to party shouldn't be 'just for fun'. Partying for fun is oki, doing silly things even if you know you'll die and lose exp and supplies is oki, but there should be an advantage for coordinating more people in parties, not just priest + some class who can't autoheal.

#73 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

Honestly, I miss goat-like turn ins, you made friends in such places and was fun helping people pulling or healing, even the ocassional dead branche rages would make the grinding less dull (well, many would say otherwise). It only enticed partying and helped you meet future grind partners.

Also, it helps poor or less geared people get some levels, because not everyone has the resources for it; even if you do party a priest they're not nearly as effective as before. Of course people will leech, but it will be also a place to relieve the grindfest and party random people which is fun.

#74 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:23 PM

Making a pary and recruiting for upper then lv 100 is kinder hard..The problem that i face usually is because the matter of fact is the share range among member is 15 levels and the monster exp penalty kicks in at 10 levels. It make partying not that doable as due to the fact there a 15 levels difference among party member making it not efficient to the lowest level and most of this party only last for a day and u need to spend hour and hour on the booking system again to kick start a party..

In the old day ..not many people would go out and mobbed because u know that you will instantaneously get destroyed unlest ur have an AOE NUKE (Wiz and Hwiz) ~renewal.. every 3rd class has an AoE nuke skill.you can go mobbed and destroy the mob ur self..(y share exp??) This is another reason 3rd class dont want to party because it quicker leveling when you're solo than in a party.

Ragnarok online are not suppose to be a soloble game . If I wanted to play a solo game, I'd waste my time on a console RPG.

#75 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

Who are you to say what RO should and shouldn't be? People should be able to solo if they want to, they should be able to party if they want to. Neither option should be 'wrong'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users