Valk server now has Treasure Box -> WSS exchanger NPC - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Valk server now has Treasure Box -> WSS exchanger NPC

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:41 PM

NPC name: Dr. Jonesy
Exchange Rate: 1 Treasure Box -> 150 Witch Starsand

#2 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:37 PM

I'm not in favor of things they put in, but don't notify us about.

Nice to have it however.

#3 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:12 AM

I hope they insert Treasure Box -> Elder Branch exchange NPC aswell.

#4 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:18 AM

Why can't we leave starsands aloneeee... there's so many already.

#5 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:42 AM

Why can't we leave starsands aloneeee... there's so many already.

I know right? I use to use starsand as a means of getting zeny for myself. Now they hand out WSS like its candy. On top of that there are a ton of bots in the clock tower map that are just farming starsand constantly now

#6 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:31 AM

I guess the reception of this change depends on subjective perspective.

Among others, this change directly affects:

1) Those who rapidly gain treasure boxes. They are a common loot from castle treasure. It would help guilds more easily supply basic HP pots (such that there's more incentive to actually fight in WoE than avoid each other and ninja castles). Much else of castle treasure drops are long outdated.
2) Those who would farm significant quantities of WSS.

For those that farm WSS to sell, it will probably become less of an attractive zeny-making means. I would think, however, that even those people that have no interest in WoE, would still have some interest in WoE guilds/participants sticking around, because they continually buy a wide variety of other items off the market--mandragora flowerpots, prickly fruits, elder branches, izidors, maneater blossoms/roots, beef heads, alcohol, speed potions, tangled chains, and much more.

I would think that cheaper WSS would be of greater overall benefit to everyone: lowered WoE entry barrier for supplying basic HP pots, and increased consumption of other WoE reagents (bought off market) such as due to an increase of actual fighting.

One effect that might *not* be desirable, is that cheaper pots can decrease incentive to party in PvM. Part of the issue there, though, is that monster AI/skill usage are incredibly dumb and individual monster attack weak, such that utility skills (pneuma, divest, various crowd control, etc) are infrequently required in PvM. With the lack of utility skills needing to be cast, that makes healing of more default usage, and for that potions are too easy of an alternative. In PvP/WoE, heals on players are usually insignificant, considering the dps attacking classes can output.

#7 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:36 AM

I like this change. Gives us a reason to actually hold a bunch of forts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users