Make Increase SP Recovery Better! - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Make Increase SP Recovery Better!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

At lvl 10 with 2000 sp, the sp gained every 10 seconds is 30 + 40 = 70. To me, that really doesn't seem to be that much. From all of the years I've played RO, SP recovery hasn't really been a skill people get (except when sp clicks wore horrid). I honestly think sp recovery should recover at a quicker rate. Whether that's increasing the base sp recovery rate or increasing the % of max sp. Who else agrees it should be changed?

Increase SP Recovery Posted Image Posted Image Basic Mage skill mastered at Lv.10.
Recover SP every 10 seconds while character stands still. The amount of recovered is the sum of an SP amount equal to the skill`s level multiplied by 3, and an SP amount determined by the character`s Max SP.

Skill Level

Base Value of Recovery

Additional Recovered SP

0.2% Max SP

0.4% Max SP

0.6% Max SP

0.8% Max SP

1.0% Max SP

1.2% Max SP

1.4% Max SP

1.6% Max SP

1.8% Max SP

2.0% Max SP

#2 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:04 PM

Yeah, the classes who get increase sp recovery (mage and sorceror) will not even notice it once they get enough int. A better buff would be to allow this skill to recover sp while you are moving, not just standing still.

#3 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:45 PM

You will barely notice the need for increase SP recovery. Some skills in RO are just made up for prerequisites without a real function. Like half of the bishop skills actually ;)

As you advance over the sagescholar branch, you will have access to indulge, a skill to create SP, so increase SP recovery stops being useful. And for wizard branch, you will eventually reach soul drain, making increase SP recovery unimportant too.

Don't worry much about your SP recovery, as you level, you'll stop running out of SP. The skill is there mostly to help low level mages, and to work as an annoying prerequisite/ok.

#4 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:50 PM

I think they should scrap the original version entirely, and simply have it boost your normal regen by 3%/level. This skill is a relic from the days of ultra-slow regen... we're talking pre-Juno here.

#5 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:50 PM

It should be improved, I would think that there should be no reason that someone with max sp regen (or hp regen) shouldn't be able to recover all of their SP in 1 minute while sitting, 2 while standing still.

While you're at it, buff first aid too. (5 + BaseLevel)HP per use is good enough.

#6 RegalPrime

RegalPrime

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

This skill also make eating SP based items much better. Most people dont get Increase HP recovery for the 10s heal, they get it for the boosted hp from pots.
I could see this being somewhat useful if you somehow ran outta sp a lot and often, but Im not sure that happens too much in the later levels (maybe useful for a super novice XD).

I did find this skill useful to have maxed, pre-renewal, on my battle sage (prelinkers), back errrrr a few years ago when I tele spam in CTHO.

Edited by RegalPrime, 09 May 2011 - 08:57 PM.

#7 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:12 AM

Like, I know RO has a lot of skills that become pointless, but, they should really strive to fix that. Make certain skills worthwhile rather than just a waste of points.

#8 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:31 AM

Another fun idea

First Aid
Recovers 5 HP for 3 SP.

Useless once you get hundreds of HP (omg lol)
Change to:

First Aid
Recovers all HP
Cast-time: 30 sec
Re-use Delay: 90 sec

Other random stuff ahead that Atum had on a huge list of suggestions,
Would be really nice if they buffed lots of those useless skills, so they'd be useful at certain situations at least.

Or loosen up the requirements for those that aren't worth using otherwise, like
Venom Dust, without Red Gem use

some slight buffs to stuff like
Mace Mastery
-also gives 2 flee per level
Same for Spear Quicken

Fists could use a bit better size mods

Or give some effects that don't have any, like
Slow Poison
-seriously this is like the one skill that NO SINGLE PLAYER ever got on their priest.
Cleaner/Remover
-Cures caster from Agi Down/curse/marsh of abyss
Dimension Door
-something. whatever it is it's better than a fly wing portal

Or add some interesting twists, like
Frost Nova
-freeze chance (and duration) ignores monster mdef

Sense
-also shows flee,hit,defs,aspd,element

Or some warlocks should like this:
Summon Balls
-when cast after Magic Amplification, summons 5 balls

Electric Walk
-causes silence (and fire walk burning or something?)

Or how about increasing stats of Summon Flora monsters?

Or removing fixed parts of casttimes on most Archer skills?

Or adding casttime to geneticist skills?

and on and on and on... it would get alot, but in the end it's all simple minor changes that probably some 14 year old could figure how to make by using google or something.

Edited by Charon, 10 May 2011 - 05:52 AM.

#9 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:01 AM

Maybe 3 minutes would be nice, 90 seconds allows you to not use pots, take some damage and take a 30 second break where you cast first aid and get it back.

3 Minutes, 15 or 20 second cast time would be a good alternative.

#10 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:10 AM

This skill also make eating SP based items much better. Most people dont get Increase HP recovery for the 10s heal, they get it for the boosted hp from pots.

this. at lvl 10 it doubles sp pots
i have it on everything i can afford to get
the skill is fine, stop being bad

#11 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

O.k., so I didn't realize that sp recovery increased sp item recovery, since the skill description doesn't state so. Either way, the sp recovery over time portion should be increased.

Not everyone knows the hidden skill descriptions that are not stated on the skill database. Give people a break Zeca,

#12 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

O.k., so I didn't realize that sp recovery increased sp item recovery, since the skill description doesn't state so. Either way, the sp recovery over time portion should be increased.

Not everyone knows the hidden skill descriptions that are not stated on the skill database. Give people a break Zeca,

Ingame does state that SP items recovery increases, though:

Posted Image

Edited by Kadnya, 10 May 2011 - 11:59 AM.

#13 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:59 AM

omg! That's in game, huh? I only looked at the skill website listing. My apologies fine sir!

#14 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

Dun worry much miss, both the official DB and the ingame descriptions are horrible references. For example, your copypaste of the official skill DB, and my screenshot of the official ingame description, are both wrong :)

If you want somewhat more accurate skill descriptions, you can use the irowiki database.It is not perfect, but wiki is far better than the official sources.

#15 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

It is quite a useful skill for minimising downtime, especially if you have points to spare. In non-moving parties you get the benefit of it as long as you stand still. If you recover a full bar of sp with and without sp regen 10, you will notice a marked difference. I've been using it for years for levelling, mvping & precasting (saves alot of downtime and consumables).

Making it work while moving would be hella awesome.

Edited by Anko, 11 May 2011 - 03:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users