Why are people such <Inconsiderate persons> - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why are people such <Inconsiderate persons>

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos,Thor

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:41 PM

im at ant hell and see a mage and aco lvling on eggs not picking up their loot so i ask if i can have it they say yes. we are there for awhile and here comes this Alchemist with his Homunc thats hitting 300+ damage and just lets it loose where they are lvling taking half the eggs b4 the mages skill can hit. hes doing 300 + damage he can clearly go somewhere else. what happen to the old days when people were considerate .

#2 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:42 PM

From the past month, I have concluded that some really serious sh t goes down in ant hell.

#3 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:44 PM

From the past month, I have concluded that some really serious sh t goes down in ant hell.

This is true. Most of my negative experiences in-game have been fighting over those Eggs~

#4 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:47 PM

Anyone who levels there has miniscule male genitalia.

There, not censored.

Edited by Sera, 10 May 2011 - 08:48 PM.

#5 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:48 PM

Anyone who levels there has a small-_-.

lol, I never really understood why they made eggs give EXP. I miss being able to use it as a farm spot for Blanks, Proof Potions, OBBs, etc.

#6 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:57 PM

Yeah, unless you are an alch leveling a homun, best forget about that place. <,<

#7 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:58 PM

BECAUSE ITS SO FUN

#8 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:42 PM

aleast make more eggs in the lvl 1 area .there is only really 3 spots with eggs. /ok

#9 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:50 PM

and also i lvl my low lvl char there cuz it saves on pots but once im lvl 40 i go to orc zombies

#10 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:27 PM

If you actually played an alchemist class you would understand.

because ant eggs are the most convenient place to level a homunculus in a consistent manner, all the way up to lv 80-90. Homunculus gain exp differently to players. -.- They don't level there because they can't take on stronger monsters, they level there because they can one-shot the eggs and still get 0.1% exp for it, without having to waste any potions on keeping their homunculus alive, and a constant flow of exp since the eggs spawn repeatedly and regularly. (as opposed to having to track down monsters separately and only get 0.3% exp per kill, which takes much longer than ant eggs)

As a player, you, on the other hand, can hunt down monsters at a higher level that will probably give you more exp than ant eggs will, as well as leveling your character and job, not just the homunculus.

There needs to be more places where the ant eggs spawn, because there just isn't enough of them to please everyone. However, you could always...you know...AOE the eggs before his homunculus gets them all. Homuns can only attack 1 egg at a time wheras you have skills that hit multiple targets.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 10 May 2011 - 10:30 PM.

#11 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:11 AM

^ I played an alchemist turned biochem. Never once let my bird off to killed any ant eggs and it's happily at Lv76 right now. Pretty sure the point of them is to have them fight WITH you, not AFK your way through or something.

Edited by Miyuki, 11 May 2011 - 02:13 AM.

#12 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:27 AM

that is the point, but like many things in this game it's not the ideal way to do things. It still stands that ant eggs are the fastest way to level a homunculus, which is sad but true. I would prefer to level alongside my homunculus too, but a lot of the time an alchemist is too weak to properly support their homun or vice versa, so ant eggs become necessary, especially if you are power-leveling to get a vanilmirth with good stats. You usually can't be sure you have a good one until it's around lv 80 or so.

Orc dungeon is an ok substitute but it's still pretty slow due to irregular spawns. Sometimes there aren't enough people or bots to keep the monster circulation going.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 11 May 2011 - 02:35 AM.

#13 akosinico

akosinico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:44 AM

it's hell what do you expect? :)

#14 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:59 AM

I made a new character yesterday; I didn't go to Ant Hell (Spores, Popos, Toy Factory, Eden Quests, Overlook Byalan Dungeon, Mothers Day Quest, Dark Priests, Magma 1, Magmarings). Wtf is wrong with all the nub chars in this game? D: Toy Factory was ballin exp when I hit 35 :) Ghostring raped me at Popo island though, but I didn't let it happen twice.

#15 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:38 AM

Ooo I never did popos. 20-30 are the hardest levels for me to be honest. I just do orc ladies at 30 then od1 then hodes till job change. Then tamruans then petites or w/e.

#16 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:47 AM

I just buy exp items...

#17 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:57 AM

I made a new character yesterday; I didn't go to Ant Hell (Spores, Popos, Toy Factory, Eden Quests, Overlook Byalan Dungeon, Mothers Day Quest, Dark Priests, Magma 1, Magmarings). Wtf is wrong with all the nub chars in this game? D: Toy Factory was ballin exp when I hit 35 :) Ghostring raped me at Popo island though, but I didn't let it happen twice.

Toy factory is, what, 600 exp per monster at that level? Let's not forget that the spawn in toy factory is incredibly sparce, and the monsters fight back.

Ant eggs give about 250 exp each at that level (estimate), can be killed in one shot by many AoE skills, spawn in groups of up to 10 at a time, and spawn every 30 seconds or so.

I think you can see why many players find ant eggs to be faster and safer than actually going out to kill better monsters in their level range. It's quantity and consistency vs quality. :D

I really wouldn't mind some harder/higher exp monsters for low levels. Single-target monsters that can actually be hunted and beaten for a good reward.

#18 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:59 AM

But at the same time, you have to fight 10 other people in a cramped area and will rarely get every kill every spawn.

Though, I guess not on Ygg, because 10 people in one place would be like a sixth of the server population.

Edited by Sera, 11 May 2011 - 07:00 AM.

#19 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:02 AM

yeah, that is a doozy. I am thankful that my timezone allows me to hog the ant eggs to myself while most other players are sleeping. It makes leveling my soul linkers and homuns easy and I don't need to feel guilty about it either.

also, bottles!

#20 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:24 AM

Idk, I was killing things fine. =/ Fwings :3

#21 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:41 AM

If you actually played an alchemist class you would understand.

because ant eggs are the most convenient place to level a homunculus in a consistent manner, all the way up to lv 80-90. Homunculus gain exp differently to players. -.- They don't level there because they can't take on stronger monsters, they level there because they can one-shot the eggs and still get 0.1% exp for it, without having to waste any potions on keeping their homunculus alive, and a constant flow of exp since the eggs spawn repeatedly and regularly. (as opposed to having to track down monsters separately and only get 0.3% exp per kill, which takes much longer than ant eggs)

As a player, you, on the other hand, can hunt down monsters at a higher level that will probably give you more exp than ant eggs will, as well as leveling your character and job, not just the homunculus.

There needs to be more places where the ant eggs spawn, because there just isn't enough of them to please everyone. However, you could always...you know...AOE the eggs before his homunculus gets them all. Homuns can only attack 1 egg at a time wheras you have skills that hit multiple targets.

I play an alchemist. I've found OD to be better. There isn't constant competition KSing you, decent spawn rate due to the fact that theres usually a handful of people leveling there, fast exp, and you aren't being a :) to low level players. I've leveled up several homuncs on different alchemists.

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 11 May 2011 - 09:44 AM.

#22 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:20 PM

I found the hydra spawn in Payon Cave to be a better than ant eggs on my vani. Only real time I spent at ant eggs was getting it to about level 50. After that there are better alternatives.

If some low level player wanted the eggs I was at I had no problem moving for them. Sometimes all that is needed is to ask instead of throwing a fit like so many of the low level players I see down there that actually talk.

There is something that confuses me though. I have noticed players sitting there with mercenaries when they are clearly out of range of the eggs. Seems to have become a trend on Valkyrie.

#23 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:55 PM

im at ant hell and see a mage and aco lvling on eggs not picking up their loot so i ask if i can have it they say yes. we are there for awhile and here comes this Alchemist with his Homunc thats hitting 300+ damage and just lets it loose where they are lvling taking half the eggs b4 the mages skill can hit. hes doing 300 + damage he can clearly go somewhere else. what happen to the old days when people were considerate .

I encountered that too but i was able to make the genetic leave by raping them all so he barely got any but i was using an instacast skill. If i was unable to do that i would just kill the other monsters in the dungeon till i got to 36 and move onto orc dungeon.

#24 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

Hmmm... Azoth / Poly clip still work on stuff these days?

#25 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

Hmmm... Azoth / Poly clip still work on stuff these days?

Yep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users