Overlook water dungeon drops - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Overlook water dungeon drops

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:29 PM

ok, ive noticed that even though the monsters in the dungeon are different, they still have the same drops as their counterparts.

but does this include cards?

like, can the aged hydra drop a hydra card?

#2 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:08 AM

bump,
just wondering

#3 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:12 AM

Suppose to be increase drop rate of 2x from what I read and remember correctly.

#4 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:13 AM

Suppose to be increase drop rate of 2x from what I read and remember correctly.

the cards are, or everything?

i havent really noticed the rates things are dropping there

#5 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:29 AM

They do indeed drop the cards, and those drops are at a significantly higher rate of dropping than the normal versions. If you are persuing a card from those monster types your best option is in that dungeon.

#6 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:39 AM

They do indeed drop the cards, and those drops are at a significantly higher rate of dropping than the normal versions. If you are persuing a card from those monster types your best option is in that dungeon.

a lot of good cards are there too, and good exp XD

thanks

#7 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:08 AM

Whoa. I so can't wait until we get some VIP dungeons for 3rd classes. I had no idea these VIP dungeons had buffed drops.

#8 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:10 AM

hopefully we'll get the scarab vip dungeon in the next update

#9 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:28 AM

hopefully we'll get the scarab vip dungeon in the next update

N> Imperial Spear

#10 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

There are 3 things regarding the VIP dungeons that we have discussed and have also had some community members ask about.

1. Same monsters
2. Same Drops
3. Same Maps

Which of those 3 are frustrating you? I know the contents of the dungeons are "re-hashes" some of that is intentional as it is supposed to be harder version of the default, and it also saves us massive amounts of time in implementation. But it also could seem less desirable too, and that certainly isn't our goal. So if 1 of those factors were to be changed to something completely knew which wouuld it be?

#11 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:14 AM

There are 3 things regarding the VIP dungeons that we have discussed and have also had some community members ask about.

1. Same monsters
2. Same Drops
3. Same Maps

Which of those 3 are frustrating you? I know the contents of the dungeons are "re-hashes" some of that is intentional as it is supposed to be harder version of the default, and it also saves us massive amounts of time in implementation. But it also could seem less desirable too, and that certainly isn't our goal. So if 1 of those factors were to be changed to something completely knew which wouuld it be?

i like it with the same monsters and drops
lots of good cards to be gotten with them

so as long as more VIP dungeons have lots of popular drops, i like it

using the same maps for them makes sense too

but if i had to pick one of those to change, it would be the maps
i like exploring new areas :)

#12 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:23 AM

N> Imperial Spear

i will be farming that place so hard for this weapon

1. Same monsters
2. Same Drops
3. Same Maps

i would also change the map as well. Depending on the monster we're talking about its easier to mob and or kill things on maps that have geometry that helps you to kill them. For example; Nameless Island dungeon lv2 is a good map for a OB RG because he has what 130? slaughters and lots of 5x5 small crowded areas, this makes it a wonderful place for OBing. The respawn is very fast and you spend alot less time using supplies when you always get the 3rd bonus hit more often. Its all because of the map itself.

Edited by Cubical, 11 May 2011 - 11:27 AM.

#13 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:23 AM

1. Same monsters
2. Same Drops
3. Same Maps

4. Same Spawn
Since you seem to have more liberty in adjusting VIP dungeons, I would suggest playing around with the spawn of the monsters more. Would be interesting to see changes to the ratio of X to Y monster or completely remove Z monster.

For example, instead of buffing up the damage/stat of Swordfish. If you change only Swordfish to spawn 3x, Bib 4 would be more dangerous because of mobbing Swordfish and waterball.

#14 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:49 AM

ok so the drops arn't exactly the same
i just got some chain mail from an aged strouf, which after looking it up, strouf doesnt drop chain mail, slotted and not slotted

#15 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:14 AM

Stroufs, both aged and otherwise, drop slotted Chain Mail [1]. I believe from the drop table you may be looking at, they no longer drop Grampa Beards.

#16 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:41 AM

Really? I was killing obeaunes about 2 hours with my recent knight and VIP status and... I didn't get any Rose from those mermaids... Probably it was bad luck but seems like all monsters have the same drop than the regular dungeon.

Ninjaedit: lol, why I didn't troll on this topic? Posted Image

Edited by Fibrizzo, 12 May 2011 - 03:42 AM.

#17 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

4. Same Spawn
Since you seem to have more liberty in adjusting VIP dungeons, I would suggest playing around with the spawn of the monsters more. Would be interesting to see changes to the ratio of X to Y monster or completely remove Z monster.

For example, instead of buffing up the damage/stat of Swordfish. If you change only Swordfish to spawn 3x, Bib 4 would be more dangerous because of mobbing Swordfish and waterball.

Agree with this, increased spawns would really make things more fun. It's annoying whenever you have to search too much for monsters, especially in a bigger party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users