36 replies to this topic

#1 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

Please, PLEASE, learn how to recognize bots. Just because a rogue is leveling in Magmarings does not mean he is a bot. I happen to be slaving him the last 120% to 99. He happens to be my husband, and definitely not a bot. I've had two people in less than 30 minutes follow us around and accuse us of botting. I'm going to stop replying to you morons eventually.

That is all.

lrn2recognize.

#2 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:19 PM

Happens to my Rogueling too.

Even leveling with the aid of a level 10 Archer Mercenary and using very unbot-like equips (Extending Stiletto for the win) I still get harassed. I just fly wing. I figure let them report me and waste their time. It gives them something to do.

#3 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

My favorite one so far is someone I know accusing him of botting with my AB in tow. >.>

#4 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:32 PM

Yeah that's pretty unfair to Rogues. Rogue does not = bot.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:35 PM

Sadly, booster-bots (ie, botting hp following another player or bot, supporting) are not unheardof.

Also, extending stiletto? Are you sure you're not botting? I ask, because i cannot imagine how any human would be able to put up with one of those infernal things. It actually LOWERS your DPS (due to the ridiculously long animation delay - 440% damage is avg 3 swings for a rogue, because they've got double attack, so each swing averages 150% damage, and most rogues have more than the 167 aspd it would take to get 3 attacks in during the 2 second animation), AND it breaks control click! Oh, and stilettos are bot weapons - legit players use gladius.

Edited by DrAzzy, 11 May 2011 - 12:38 PM.

#6 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

What I use to play really isn't your business. <3

#7 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:45 PM

Sadly, booster-bots (ie, botting hp following another player or bot, supporting) are not unheardof.

Also, extending stiletto? Are you sure you're not botting? I ask, because i cannot imagine how any human would be able to put up with one of those infernal things. It actually LOWERS your DPS (due to the ridiculously long animation delay - 440% damage is avg 3 swings for a rogue, because they've got double attack, so each swing averages 150% damage, and most rogues have more than the 167 aspd it would take to get 3 attacks in during the 2 second animation), AND it breaks control click! Oh, and stilettos are bot weapons - legit players use gladius.

What I mean by in tow is me walking around getting stuck in close confine and spinning around in circles waiting for it to go away.. And Auto-following to reply to this. xD I'm not like *acting* like a bot like that. I've seen them before pre-renewal in Lou. I usually do my own thing while buff slaving. It's just strange 'cause I don't get how he looks like a bot, know what I mean?

#8 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:51 PM

kimmy!!! <3333 hi i have not seen you in a wile

#9 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

You're all bots...quit lying !!

#10 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:55 PM

It's because I'm slaving a rogue, isn't it?! qq

And hi, Fury! :) Whatchu doin, bruh?

#11 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

trying to find a party for sealed shrine. the quest is buged on my rune knight so i gotta do it on my sura but no one is doing it *sad face here*

#12 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

Oh, that sucks.. Why not make a umm.. party thingywhatever for it. Hell if I know what it's called or how to use it, though. herpderp.

#13 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:28 PM

Obvious troll

#14 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

Kimmy, if you just didn't bot, you wouldn't have this problem.

#15 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

Y'know, Sera, I know this. But they only accuse me when I'm not botting. ]:

#16 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:00 AM

Y'know, Sera, I know this. But they only accuse me when I'm not botting. ]:

But you're botting 24/7.

#17 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:12 AM

Hide to cancel out Close Confine...

#18 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:31 AM

Posted Image

#19 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

While were are on the topic of bots and Ymir.

I am sick and tired of 80% of the population being bots on Valkyrie, so I was thinking of turning over a new leaf on Ymir, just have one question, when you want to create characters, you need VIP, as much I know, but do you need VIP continously to keep playing on Ymir? I only play this game half hearted and don't think that paying continously for a subscription is ideal for me.

Maybe I should try Yggdrasil, but since the community is so small...

#20 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:47 AM

While were are on the topic of bots and Ymir.

I am sick and tired of 80% of the population being bots on Valkyrie, so I was thinking of turning over a new leaf on Ymir, just have one question, when you want to create characters, you need VIP, as much I know, but do you need VIP continously to keep playing on Ymir? I only play this game half hearted and don't think that paying continously for a subscription is ideal for me.

Maybe I should try Yggdrasil, but since the community is so small...

No you don't need VIP constantly...I'd say Ymir is the best server because it's not overpopulated like Valk and not as underpopulated as Ygg. Also the bots are rare to come by.

Edited by Psychogenik, 12 May 2011 - 10:50 AM.

#21 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

You just need VIP to create a character. Once the character is created, you may access it at any time regardless of VIP status.

#22 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

No you don't need VIP constantly...I'd say Ymir is the best server because it's not overpopulated like Valk and not as underpopulated as Ygg. Also the bots are rare to come by.

Its only a matter of time before Ygg's population catches up to Ymir's. it went from 50 people to 450 people in the past month.

Ygg probably will always have a larger population of bots than Ymir due to being an 'open' server, however.

#23 Amis

Amis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Classic

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

What I use to play really isn't your business. <3

He's right though, Extending gear is horribly obnoxious. They should have made it so 1) Auto-attack isn't cancelled, and 2) Auto-attack continues during the animation (only for card procs, not for active us of the skill by sins). Would have made it much more interesting and viable for AGI characters, I don't know why they didn't change this.

#24 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:54 AM

Because it would probably cause the game to attempt to make the character attack twice at the same time or something stupid like that and it would explode.

#25 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

Am I really the only person who makes an alt with lot of random casting gear just for the fun of it?

There's a very simple joy I get when some of that stuff procs on reflect and my character spazzes out to retaliate.

I can't be the only one.

Edited by Kitten, 12 May 2011 - 12:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users