The Homunculus system needs a workover. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The Homunculus system needs a workover.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

I think the Homunculus system needs a work over, in my opinion since the homunculus is part of your jobs skills you should get job exp for its kills, as the game is now, you can't really use your homun for anything if you need job exp, which is just stupid since that pet is a fairly big part of the job, least before transing maybe even after when you factor in cost to use the skills.. Which is also stupid, they should remove item costs for the skills so we actually have options, Tired of meleeing everything to death because it'd cost me, at least on Valk 7-10k per Bomb skill, and I can't use my Homun because it'll eat almost all the exp and job exp, which is messed up when its like 7+ levels below me. Really whats the point of the pet if you cannot fully level with it?

#2 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:00 PM

I don't agree, since pretty much everyone will sit and level to 99/50(70) without doing anything. And before you say, "You don't even know how hard it is for Alchemists to level, so you should shut up," I have a Genetic, Alchemists are easy to level if you have the right stats.

But I will however, propose the "evolving" part of the Homunculi to be looked at. 151 hours online with your pet out is a little much to evolve, not an overkill reduction, but enough to not see everyone having evolved Homuns.

#3 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

I don't agree, since pretty much everyone will sit and level to 99/50(70) without doing anything. And before you say, "You don't even know how hard it is for Alchemists to level, so you should shut up," I have a Genetic, Alchemists are easy to level if you have the right stats.

But I will however, propose the "evolving" part of the Homunculi to be looked at. 151 hours online with your pet out is a little much to evolve, not an overkill reduction, but enough to not see everyone having evolved Homuns.

Well what are the right stats? Mine currently is a agi build and kills kinda slow. I can/won't buy the way over priced items to use my attack skills either. NO other job has to spend that kind of money for one attack skill, like I said the req's for items for alch skills need to be made npc buyable for maybe 100-200 zeny each or something. Not this pain in the ass spend hours hunting materials to maybe use the skills for 5 min deal they currently have (I'm only a non-trans alch atm).

#4 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:28 PM

Try getting some vit, filling your cart, and cart revo mobs. Goats lasted me to level 93 or so

#5 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:36 PM

I think the other way around. Homun is too good @@.

Back in the time when we were just battle alchies meleeing things around, leveling with cart revo, and were basically just blacksmiths without all the smith buffs... back then, homun was a good balancing idea.

But not now, when the alchy branch is one of the best classes with great debuffs, with one of the best ranged AoE skills, fastest moving skills and still the only class who can afk-level. Really, the only con- of the genetic is having the horrible HP mod of bishops.

I'm still amazed that when other classes still need balancing, kRO preferred to dessign even better homuns with better skills and let them go 150 instead.

#6 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:25 PM

Well what are the right stats? Mine currently is a agi build and kills kinda slow. I can/won't buy the way over priced items to use my attack skills either. NO other job has to spend that kind of money for one attack skill, like I said the req's for items for alch skills need to be made npc buyable for maybe 100-200 zeny each or something. Not this pain in the ass spend hours hunting materials to maybe use the skills for 5 min deal they currently have (I'm only a non-trans alch atm).

If you're an alchy, get a Light Epsilon and GH Prison -> Dark Priest it. It'll be a lot better if you happen to have a smith slave that can Weapon Perfection for you, but it's not really needed if you're fighting along with your homunculus.

Doesn't work for Biochem though since you need JExp.

PS: You get the same amount of base exp even if your homun hit the monster. The only thing you're missing is a portion of the jexp.

Edited by Miyuki, 11 May 2011 - 07:29 PM.

#7 chasko

chasko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:36 PM

Homunculus aren't just for AFK levelling. They are godly tanks. You can make your homun gather a mob and then either you cart rev it or put a bomb (not Acid Bomb, the regular alch bomb skill) under the mob. Kinda like using a trap. You won't get touched ever with the second method. Renewal requires mobbing to level up (until they put in VIP dungeons and stuff like that). Mobbing requires vit. Hence, str/vit/dex build is good. Although cart rev cannot miss. It is 100% hit.

Homun is good for alchs, since they always reach job50 first. The last 10 levels can be got by AFK levelling.

#8 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:53 AM

Back in the time when we were just battle alchies meleeing things around, leveling with cart revo, and were basically just blacksmiths without all the smith buffs... back then, homun was a good balancing idea.

But not now, when the alchy branch is one of the best classes with great debuffs, with one of the best ranged AoE skills, fastest moving skills and still the only class who can afk-level. Really, the only con- of the genetic is having the horrible HP mod of bishops.

I'm still amazed that when other classes still need balancing, kRO preferred to dessign even better homuns with better skills and let them go 150 instead.

You are still an idiot. Genetics CAN'T use homunculus to "level" with except as sacrificial lambs. FURTHER you need 10 jobs as a genetic to get even level 1 mandragora howling.... meaning you are bypassing any real leveling skills - hell plant isn't really a leveling skill. Howling is a late game skill just as it's meant to be, you can get / max it in your 130's if you level normally. Oh yeah, not to mention until genetic alchy class has no real damage output skills that don't cost an arm and a leg or tons of hunting AND having a second alchy to brew with to use. Don't tell me cart revo... it's works well for alchemist, but by the time you hit biochemist it just plain doesn't work as well, and cart tornado is a joke.

Wanna make it fair? Make mercs not give job EXP either, after all you just have to spend zeny / kafra points on them. We have to spend tons of job points that could be used elsewhere to get 1/4 the usefulness of mercs.... and feed.... and evolve... and aidpot when they are young.... and raise them to a decent level. All YOU have to do is pop a stupid scroll once every 30 minutes.

#9 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

If there is anything that needs fixing for homunculus and mercenaries, it is the kill count quests not working with them.

#10 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:08 AM

Mhm, like a blacksmith you say? I had a friend who played alchemist pre-homunculus, the only way he could reach lv 99 was to kill Zenorcs. Man, that guy had dedication, took him damn well at least 3 weeks.

#11 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:40 AM

You are still an idiot. Genetics CAN'T use homunculus to "level" with except as sacrificial lambs. FURTHER you need 10 jobs as a genetic to get even level 1 mandragora howling.... meaning you are bypassing any real leveling skills - hell plant isn't really a leveling skill. Howling is a late game skill just as it's meant to be, you can get / max it in your 130's if you level normally. Oh yeah, not to mention until genetic alchy class has no real damage output skills that don't cost an arm and a leg or tons of hunting AND having a second alchy to brew with to use. Don't tell me cart revo... it's works well for alchemist, but by the time you hit biochemist it just plain doesn't work as well, and cart tornado is a joke.

You can get cat cannon and level with it fine in your first jobs. If you want a good example of an indeed messed skill tree, take a look at bishops getting their only useful new skill(sacrament) at around 130 too, without . Well, and then clearance at 140 maybe. Stat and skill resets exist, and so does exist using other characters so you don't must create a all in one chara. If you want to use your chara for both potting and battle, you can do so, but don't expect to be the better in both, as you could be if you specialized.

Wanna make it fair? Make mercs not give job EXP either, after all you just have to spend zeny / kafra points on them. We have to spend tons of job points that could be used elsewhere to get 1/4 the usefulness of mercs.... and feed.... and evolve... and aidpot when they are young.... and raise them to a decent level. All YOU have to do is pop a stupid scroll once every 30 minutes.

I understand you might just be saying this because I mentioned mercenary system, but instead of calling each other idiots, let me explain what is wrong with mercenary system currently, so you everyone can understand the problem:

Since renewal changed several mechanics, and mercenaries were not updated for renewal (unlike homuns, who at least got *halfdone* updated and will have new evolutions and skills and the ability to reach 150 soon); mercs got hit by the effect of mainly 3 mechanics. Prerenewal is in blue, renewal is in green color:

Defense:

Prerenewal: mercs had about 50~ hard def at high levels. This -50% damage let mercs survive in similar situations as a semi-geared player, while using merc potions to keep them alive, so you could bring them along while leveling with you.

Postrenewal: mercs still have around 50 def at high levels. This now equals to about -7% damage. Level 9 archer merc with 20 def has about -2% damage reduction. So under the new defense mechanics, mercs take much more damage than before, and may die easier than before.

Hit

Prerenewal: mercenaries used to have average hit for the monsters their level so their attacks landed in the monster okish.

Post renewal: hit formula changed. Mercenary will miss on monsters at their level, and several monsters dozens of levels below. however, you are supposed to be fighting monsters around ten levels above so... you know your mercenary will most likely miss.

Flee

Prerenewal: Flee was calculated as agi + level. Mercenaries had enough flee to dodge monsters around their level about 50% of the time.
Post renewal: Flee formula changed, but mercenary flee stayed the same. No mercenary can dodge any monster.

The combination of not hitting monsters + receiving much more damage + not dodging any damage + the need to level in mobs, resulted in mercenary system not working. Mercenary stats needs to be reviewed and updated to fit in renewal mechanics.

#12 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:53 AM

in my opinion since the homunculus is part of your jobs skills you should get job exp for its kills

No~~~ Our homunculus is a BOT..an auto-play program that was officially made by Ragnarok Online).

If it also give Job EXp Then they will be no difference or using a Bot (illegal 3rd party program) and a Legitimate BOTS..

#13 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

in my opinion since the homunculus is part of your jobs skills you should get job exp for its kills

No~~~ Our homunculus is a BOT..an auto-play program that was officially made by Ragnarok Online).

If it also give Job EXp Then they will be no difference or using a Bot (illegal 3rd party program) and a Legitimate BOTS..

Except they can't loot. =P

#14 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:37 PM

Alchemists can't move while afk leveling, can't loot, and have to come back to feed their homunculus unless using a third party program, so there still will be a difference. Not saying I agree though. It would have to have a much larger change if they decided to add job exp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users