#1 Ianflow

Ianflow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:11 PM

From what I understood, Alt Tabbing is the act of playing two windows of RO at the same time. One person said you had use two accounts, another told me you merely have to have to windows open. I mean, the two accounts implies two windows, but, with one account, I believe they meant two windows, logging onto both, and using seperate characters.
I kind of tried using two characters from the same account, and I wonder how it's done (it constantly tells me to wait a few minutes on the 2nd window, plus, having two open causes problems, making the window not responsive).

#2 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:15 PM

2 accounts 2 clients alt+tab

#3 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:15 PM

You need more than one account to be able to dual client (alt-tab as you put it).

#4 Ianflow

Ianflow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:19 PM

Along with that, is it even allowed?

#5 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

plus, having two open causes problems, making the window not responsive).

That means your PC or your Game Card can't handle it..

EDIT: Yes it is allowed, otherwise people wouldn't be able to do it in the beginning

Edited by SirDillhole, 11 May 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#6 Ianflow

Ianflow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

Weird, I have really high stats, maybe I should shut down mozilla....
Also, I'm assuming now it's allowed, because I went to my warp portal, and clicked 'add a game account' or whatever, and it's allowing me to add another RO account....

#7 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

First the first: Alt tabbing is the act of pressing the alt key, plus the tab key, so you switch between windows. For example, alt tab out of RO to read the forums then alt+tab to messenger, then alt tab to RO again. What you want to do is multiclienting, sometimes called multiboxing in other games.

And then:

1) You can not, by any method, log more than one character from one account at a time.

2) You may however,log more than one account at once, by opening more than one RO client window. You just need to open a new window and log in just like the first window/account.

If the window on the background freezes when running more than one client, then your PC has only one processor, and you need a small library called mouse freedom. But it would be recommended to upgrade to another PC, as with only one processor you may not have an optimum experience.

Edited by Kadnya, 11 May 2011 - 05:26 PM.

#8 Ianflow

Ianflow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:41 PM

Oh, nevermind, it's working fine. I think I needed to free up some space is all.
I have a dual core processor, with 2.3 Ghz or so I believe, but I don't know if that matters. Someone I know told me that's pretty good actually.

#9 arsn89

arsn89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationMassfag

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:08 PM

Oh, nevermind, it's working fine. I think I needed to free up some space is all.
I have a dual core processor, with 2.3 Ghz or so I believe, but I don't know if that matters. Someone I know told me that's pretty good actually.

• dual core 2.3 ghz processor
  • Pretty good

Pick one

#10 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

thats fine for RO, its what i have atm. The problem with the RO client is that it takes up 99% CPU time regardless of how good your computer is so even if you had a single core 4Ghz you'd still have issues running a 2nd client.

Dont forget to run RO in windowed mode rather than fullscreen as well. can still set it to your desktop resolution if you have a smaller screen and its essentially the same as playing fullscreen. I do recommend a lower res for RO though so you can watch both clients.

#11 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:28 PM

I've discovered that if I have a client open to the login screen, but not signed in, it'll swamp my system, but having two clients fully logged in does not bother it.

#12 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:08 PM

Are you running 2 monitors? That's often a problem for me, is if I have something on monitor 2, often I can't seem to tab out of RO correctly to it

#13 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

also to add, so that it would only use up small resource from your pc, use window mode instead of full screen mode on your RO settings

#14 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:24 AM

Note that dual clienting works best when you run windowed mode, and not fullscreen.

I run three monitors, often one browser on one screen and one ro window each on the others.
If I run fullscreen I sometimes don't get the ro-window back up alt-tabbing it, but when I run windowed it works perfectly.

#15 Ianflow

Ianflow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:35 PM

I've discovered that if I have a client open to the login screen, but not signed in, it'll swamp my system, but having two clients fully logged in does not bother it.

This was the problem with mine!
Plus, I had a few tabs on mozilla open, and a youtube playlist going on, so it was a problem.
I was running windowed at the time. I have a well endowed screen size and res 1600X800 or so I think is the size of my res. I decided to tone it down, because the size of the windowed, and non-windowed, was awkward at best. I'm used to the smallest setting.
EDIT: Also, which is the best engine thingy, 3D HAL, or what else? I see no difference when playing (The first three seem the same)
Oh, and my graphics started running funny.... My skills no longer have visual effects, and the gates are now just giant black circles (like a shadow). Those are mainly the only graphic changes, or changes in general. Is there a way to fix this?

Edited by Ianflow, 12 May 2011 - 06:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users