Hit level 85. Feels like I hit a brick wall. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Hit level 85. Feels like I hit a brick wall.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

If you can kill fast and handle that much of a mob in Dark Priests before you get overwhelmed, it sounds like you are in the right place overall. I would suggest using the Eden Buffs as a timer. 30 minutes of DP killing, back to town for a break of shopping/selling/window browsing/whatever, talk to some friends or randomly help a newbie/returner, then redo buffs and get back to DP.

I agree with th most part of this post but you see all this talking and helping a noob and shopping and all that. I don't recommend it.

I say, when you grind, GRIND HARD. 30 minutes is how long your supplies should last (at least) before you have to visit the city. When you visit the city, just restock, warp back to leveling spot and pump the gas. Listen to music so its more like you are listening to music and grinding rater than grinding and listening to music. Add some random guild chat or chat with friends just a sentence or two, no need for long conversation, and before you know it you'll be so close to a level or even already leveled.

Key to grinding in my yes is persistence and focus. if you do anything other than level when you are leveling you are likely to see a 50% to 25% reduction in your leveling speed. So just focus and grind.

#27 carnisero

carnisero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

101 and quit.

Half a percent per kill isn't slow. With a HE BM that's just 100 kills for a level. Doesn't sound like a wall, just lazy.

lol funny thing is i have 2 chars lv101 that i quit because of xp.

#28 mooMOOmoo

mooMOOmoo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

Let me tell you something that might change your view.

Before renewal it used to take good players AN HOUR just to get 3% from around level 96 to 99.
And that was leveling at the best spot with real speed and ignoring loot and fly winging all over the place. Anubis was the place to be, or Titans if you could manage, or Moscovia if you still preferred money.

It is still like this "3% per hour" rate for 146 to 150 for most i believe but I am pretty sure you don't get 3% per hour regardless of how well you hunt. So just keep grinding and stay focused.

I've not played monk so i cant help you much on leveling spots but i can offer this post which is what i remember when i feel like i hit a brick wall. I also put on some Music and view th mini-view of the exp "Alt+V" so i can see the numbers on base exp and feel like i am at least maintaining a fairly constant speed. Music takes your mind off the grind.

So, what's typical exp/hour for level 146-150 range, without god items or mvp cards?

#29 Katreyn

Katreyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

Didn't want to start this as one of those "back in my day" deals. But all I will say is, if I compare now, back to the 99s I've done before nontrans/trans. I think I must of been insane thinking 1% an hour was good, and not having BMs. lol.

But I will have to agree with everything stated here, this game is really meant to be grindfest. It's gotten better, with more quests over the years. One thing it did take away was the choices of grinding. I mean before Renewal we would grind 99 at High Orcs and stuff. Easy, low resources, etc. Now obviously can't do that, but they are wanting to open that back up to us. Which is nice.

Using Music, and playing for 30 mins/hour really does break it up (music really helps me -- I just get in the 'zone'). I used to make goals of like 5% a day (usually at high 90s) or something. Just to not overwork myself. I'd still try to explore some of the other areas and things, and do quests when you are tired of killing monotonously. There are some pretty interesting quests.

I also used to hunt headgear ingredients for headgears to get levels. Not so easy now with the limitations. But something to look at: http://irowiki.org/w...ear_Ingredients

Overall, its either your cup of tea or not. And 85~ has always been a weird level to be. But once you get back to 90s its nothing yet again. Think 85 is a good place to start Stapos though. Yeah its boring, but its there.

Edited by Katreyn, 12 May 2011 - 06:24 PM.

#30 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

I find that 85-95 is the hardest part of leveling for me. At 85 I always head to stapos until I'm lv 89, then I either go to dark priests or siromas. Once I finally hit 95, I then head to magmarings and it's easy sailing from there.

At lv 100+, once you get your first AoE skill you can go straight to kobolds, which will feel so incredibly refreshing for the next few levels. At around lv 103 it begins to slow down again and you should consider going to magma 2 or juperos. At lv 110, it's time to do the rachel sanctuary quest and get access to that place, or nameless island if you're feeling strong.

#31 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:36 PM

the real brick wall is hit at about 106 if you ctrl+click for exp, expect 33 hours per level without leveling events.

#32 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:27 AM

Hey all, I just got lv 85 on my monk and it feels like I just hit a major brick wall in terms of level speed, Seems no matter what I kill the exp sucks (and I am a vip god help ones who aren't). Any tips? I don't even wanna think how bad it'll be as a trans char. costs about 19-20 mil more exp to hit 99 as trans than non-trans.

i had to kill 2.3k magmarings for 98-99 trans....100kill/lvl is uber awesome...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users