homunculus behavior in different platforms - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

homunculus behavior in different platforms

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RichestinIRO

RichestinIRO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:04 AM

i'm running azzyai 1.35-dev04 on both windows 7 and vista, both on the ragnarokrenewal/ai folder and same settings. i was wondering though why on vista it would use skills and on windows 7 it won't. my homun just does normal attack on windows 7 and it ends up dying faster than when i run it on vista where it uses skill more often. any ideas why?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

You have UAC problems.

What you see when you open the config files is not what the game sees, because stuff you run is started with user privileges, but RO must be run with admin privileges. It's entirely possible that you don't have AzzyAI installed at all on the windows 7 platform (check the AAIStartH file in your RO folder - if it's not there, RO is not seeing AzzyAI at all). Windows Vista and later with UAC will lie to your face about what files are located in a folder, and call it a feature. This effects the program files, windows and other "special" folders. The full details of what UAC does and why is beyond the scope of the RO forums, and if you search my posts enough you'll find some posts from before I got sick of explaining it in detail.

This is why AzzyAI does not support use with Ragnarok Online instances installed under Program Files on Vista and later unless UAC is entirely disabled. In order to resolve these issues, uninstall RO entirely from the effected system, delete the RO folder, and reinstall it to a location outside of program files, and then reinstall AzzyAI. In order for AzzyAI or any other custom AI to work on Vista and later, either UAC must be disabled, or RO must be installed to a location unencumbered by UAC.

Also, I strongly recommend using AzzyAI 1.35 final - 1.35 dev04 had a number of serious issues.

#3 RichestinIRO

RichestinIRO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

You have UAC problems.

What you see when you open the config files is not what the game sees, because stuff you run is started with user privileges, but RO must be run with admin privileges. It's entirely possible that you don't have AzzyAI installed at all on the windows 7 platform (check the AAIStartH file in your RO folder - if it's not there, RO is not seeing AzzyAI at all). Windows Vista and later with UAC will lie to your face about what files are located in a folder, and call it a feature. This effects the program files, windows and other "special" folders. The full details of what UAC does and why is beyond the scope of the RO forums, and if you search my posts enough you'll find some posts from before I got sick of explaining it in detail.

This is why AzzyAI does not support use with Ragnarok Online instances installed under Program Files on Vista and later unless UAC is entirely disabled. In order to resolve these issues, uninstall RO entirely from the effected system, delete the RO folder, and reinstall it to a location outside of program files, and then reinstall AzzyAI. In order for AzzyAI or any other custom AI to work on Vista and later, either UAC must be disabled, or RO must be installed to a location unencumbered by UAC.

Also, I strongly recommend using AzzyAI 1.35 final - 1.35 dev04 had a number of serious issues.

thanks for the reply. i didn't know there was a new version out already. this version works for me. my UAC was disabled btw. thanks again and more power!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users