#1 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

For the first time since the new Warp Portal migration I decided to venture into the unknown and buy some IM points for RoseOnline using my credit card. First of all, they may be Warp Portal energy points but I don't know for sure. It is very confusing to an old fart like me. I have checked to see if I had any IM points yet and its nearly been 24 hours and nothing on either of my main accounts. I've done a good deal of online transactions over the past 5-8 years and never has the process been this confusing.

So do I have points coming or is there more hoops I need to jump through?

#2 Cecillee

Cecillee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:25 PM

i think you have to wait 24 hours exactly if it's ur first time buying points. thats what i heard. =)

#3 Rockyonfire

Rockyonfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:36 PM

Actualy thats not true each payment method credits diffrently, for example i use mobile donations and it only takes 24 hours other donations can take anywhere from 24-48 hours or even days.

#4 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:00 PM

Actualy thats not true each payment method credits diffrently, for example i use mobile donations and it only takes 24 hours other donations can take anywhere from 24-48 hours or even days.

Perhaps this is the new "improvement" in the WP system? It used to be I could go to RoseOnline and purchase IM points and get to use them instantly, or within a few minutes. Now we have to wait 24-48 hours? I'm still having a hard time seeing the great new features of WP over the old system. Plenty of other online business can provide secure safe transactions and be nearly instant. I'll wait and see if I end up with my points later on tonight or tomorrow.

#5 Rockyonfire

Rockyonfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:11 PM

Personaly i welcome the changes as it makes it eazyer for staff to deal with any issues which we may experience with our payments.

Gravity operates using standard business days, so its eazy to get support on weekdays i live in newzealand and after posting a support ticket i only have to wait about 1 - 3 days to get my issues resolved.

#6 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

Coffee, did you get a message stating that you need to be verified before the payment would be accepted?

#7 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:15 PM

Coffee, did you get a message stating that you need to be verified before the payment would be accepted?

Something to that effect. Long day with long commute so sorry if I'm a little short today.

I'm just used to most other internet transactions I've had including airline tickets, products purchases etc not requiring this kind of thing.

#8 Cecillee

Cecillee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:16 PM

scammers ruin it for everyone. =(

#9 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:20 PM

Thats true but perhaps things have taken a real nosedive in the past couple months because I've never had to go through this kind of a process before with other internet businesses. I've done a fair number of CC transactions as mentioned above. Maybe when I've finished this enchilada and fresh tomato I'll be in a little better mood! =P

#10 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

Coffee once you get through this confirmation process you will want to go back through the payment process. You could in the mean time if your itching for points and can't wait try one of the other payment options besides CC and it should clear for you right away. You should be clear otherwise in under 24hours from the time you went through the process of a CC payment.

#11 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:43 PM

I'll wait this out. I don't want to risk a double charge.

Corvus has PM'd me regarding linking the accounts. Of course this is complicated by needing email addresses associated with various accounts and like many people I've lost track of this info because the secondary and tertiary email accounts are ones I rarely use.

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 16 August 2010 - 02:45 PM.

#12 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

Oh great, I've tried typing my info in to link one of my accounts and now it says access has been denied. I've forgotten the email address that one of my main accounts is linked to because quite frankly this is the first time in years I've needed to provide it. *shakes head*

I'm going for a walk and hope this gets sorted - so much faffing about! All this for some bloody IM points.

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 16 August 2010 - 02:49 PM.

#13 Guest_Adonis_*

Guest_Adonis_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

You will not be double charged if you attempted a payment and it gave you a message saying you need to be confirmed in 24 hours. These payments DO NOT get processed at all. I suggest making a new payment if you would like your points. In regards to your Lost Email sending a ticket in to the Customer Service Team can resolve this issue and change the Email to one that you have access to.

#14 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:54 PM

Its a moot point now. I'm kicked out of Warp Portal and couldn't buy IM points if I even wanted to. I tried to link one of my two primary game accounts and couldn't remember the email address associated with it. I'm not ammused. After long day at work, I come home to this stress which I don't need. I'm going for a walk and hope the good Customer Service people can sort out this mess.

#15 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:36 AM

Update: Since I can't remember which email addresses several of my accounts were linked to, I have submitted a ticket to get all my game accounts assigned to one email address which is a main. My biggest beef is that if Gravity would have allowed me to use that email address when creating all of these accounts in the first place, this would never been an issue. But way back when, they made you use a different email for each account so guess what we got, a big mess to sort out later. I'm waiting back to hear they have sorted things and hope to heck I don't have to fax them my passport, drivers license, bills that showed my address back then and all kinds of other stuff. Let me tell you when I got my Virginia drivers license what a hassle that was! In the past, all you had to do was to present your old drivers license from the state you got it in and that was considered valid and secure ID. I guess Virginia got burned when they found out some of the terrorists in the 911 incident had Virginia drivers licenses so now they go overboard. I had to bring a bill with my current mailing address, less than 2 months old, and other ID like birth cert, passport, and some other things! Lets hope Gravity isn't the Virginia Dept of Motor Vehicles! =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users