Is flee useful in WoE - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is flee useful in WoE

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:45 PM

So, I'm curious into whether or not flee is an important WoE mechanic. I've read that the flee reductions range anywhere from 10% to 50%, and that the gm's refuse to tell. Even with that said, is it still possible to make a character than can flee a majority of the *hit* based skills. I know flee is very useful for pvm, but, I was really curious as to how useful it is in WoE.
Any insight as to how much flee is required to actually be useful in WoE would be very much appreciated. Thank you for your time XD

Edited by Zayik, 12 May 2011 - 02:45 PM.

#2 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

well dont take my word for it but i think it is depending on the class and lvl i think a 150 chr with some good flee is nice because first a lot of people will miss based on lvl and adding some flee into the mix will make it that much harder to hit them

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

It's not worth what it takes to get, unless you're already getting the agi or are a thief class getting the +40 flee. Alot of the most painful stuff ignores flee, or comes from people with near maxed dex, who you likely can't dodge without devoting too many stat points to agi.

#4 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

As a battle-FS bishop with high flee, my opinion is that if your chara is one of those charas who will be oneshotted by the several 3rd class skills, a flee investment might be worth it. Generally, flee in woe is a poor defensive idea, but it sometimes work.

At least for me as a bishop, I still die to the usual GoH, GFist, DB spam, and other non fleeable skills that exist in woe, but that is still a bit less than with a high vit build. Bishop HP is so bad that I lost almost nothing in exchange of the fun of high flee and aspd.

Umm, but for other classes, I guess using flee as defense would be a bad idea ^^;.

#5 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

Theres a reduction in woe on flee(I think it's 50%), so no, it's better to go for Vit if you intend to woe.

I got the word from GuardianTK, I trust his judgement but I can't find the post he said it in, give me a few minutes..

Also, Flee is absolutely useless in a WoE setting. Don't count on flee to help you evade attacks in WoE(Flee is reduced in a WoE environment). PvP is a different story though(Flee isn't reduced unlike WoE), but people would rely on seeking flee-ignoring attacks if they knew they wouldn't be able to hit you with conventional attacks. It would most certainly be useful in PvM, but it'd be useless anyways against a mob of over 7~8 monster mobs by the time you get into the end-game level 135+ maps. Flee's also useless when you end up fighting higher-tier MvP's who cast those damn spells. @_@ *cough Waterball/LoV/MS/EQ *cough*

There we go.

Edited by meaning42, 12 May 2011 - 02:55 PM.

#6 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:57 PM

Due to the 50% reduction it's really rather pointless. In PvP it's pretty amusing, though.

#7 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

A 50% flee reduction would be extremely bad indeed, but I'm sure that is not true (unless every RK has superhorrible hit and thus I'm fleeing CSs most of the time even at 50% flee). Flee is reduced by 20% in woe, and it would be nice if there was no flee reduction at all.

Edited by Kadnya, 12 May 2011 - 03:32 PM.

#8 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

Wow, its really that bad in WoE? I'd think RO should do something about it. Seriously, important stats such as flee shouldn't just be thrown out the door when it comes to large scale battles like WoE

Edited by Zayik, 12 May 2011 - 03:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users