• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Pylfer

Pylfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

So I recently finished all of my Seal quests up to and including the Bris seal. At the moment I still have to finish the Mjolnir quest line but am hoping to get around to it ASAP.

I've seen/heard/read a few things that have said that using reset stones can in fact be used to reset your seal quest [s]. Is this true? How does this work exactly? as well, how many reset stones are needed and how far back does it reset your seal quest status? I imagine that it would only reset the Mjolnir quest line (as well as only working for people that have up to this point completed the entire quest chain) so that you could have another shot at a random epic lvl4 item.

Any clarification on this at all would be great!

#2 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:retired

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

The divorce deviruchi in niflheim takes one reset stone and it will be as if you've never started any of the 4 quests.

#3 Pylfer

Pylfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

Not to be pessimistic or anything, but doesn't that make it fairly abusable? I mean, I can do the quests, use a reset stone (7mil) and do the quests over again? that's about 16mil (on a BMX3) + 2.7mil (on BMX3) just on the 2nd and 3rd quests alone.

I suppose that people will want it for the final item that they get, but how many times can you reset this!? Seems crazy to me.

Edit: Wait, does the count towards closing the seal go down by one when you reset it?

Edited by Pylfer, 13 May 2011 - 10:24 PM.

#4 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:34 PM

you can reset sountless times
but id like to see u try to spam this
you will go berserk tying to spam and ur resources will deplete like anything i.e. zeny, quest items

#5 Pylfer

Pylfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:50 PM

Well I mean it took me 20 minutes to farm all of the fish items for the 1st seal and it took me about 30 minutes to get all of the things that I needed for the 2nd seal. I got nothing from the first, but I got about 16mil base and 5mil or whatever job on an BMX3. I don't know how much that is around level 120 or whatever, but apparently the XP scales with base level so it would probably be fairly decent.

For 5 bucks I could reset this 5 times and do it about 5 times in around 2 hours (though probably more given all the walking about) all well under 10mil zeny.

Regardless, I suppose the sheer tediousness of the quests might turn some people off and the ultimate goal is to really unlock the ability to make God Items is it not?

On a side note:
Is there something wrong with the soldier during the Lowen room? I can't seem to get in and it's been about an hour....

#6 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:54 PM

That's an expensive way to level. It's also a lot of work so it's not like you're getting something for nothing.

Is there something wrong with the soldier during the Lowen room? I can't seem to get in and it's been about an hour....

What does he say? Have you tried moving next to him? I heard you have to be in a party. FWIW, I've done the 3rd seal quest 8-9 times in the past few days and I haven't needed to talk to the soldier a single time.

#7 Pylfer

Pylfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:59 PM

That's an expensive way to level. It's also a lot of work so it's not like you're getting something for nothing.

What does he say? Have you tried moving next to him? I heard you have to be in a party. FWIW, I've done the 3rd seal quest 8-9 times in the past few days and I haven't needed to talk to the soldier a single time.

I'm not in a party at the moment. Every time I talk to him he says: "Please back away. You are not permitted to enter!"

IROWIKI says: Note: This part of the quest can only be done one player at a time. You will have to wait until the person before you talk to the valkyrie and exit the quest map before you can enter through the soldier.

It's just the fact that it's been an hour... I dunno if one person can get into the room and just AFK to be a douche, or what might be going on.

#8 arsn89

arsn89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationMassfag

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:05 PM

We get a customized exp reward, its the same for everybody.

If your VIP, you get 5,400,000 exp for the 2nd part, and 4,050,000 for the 2nd.

If you want to 150 by that way, go on head. Although it will be alot more slower, and a lot more expensive. You could EASILY get double that in a hour powerleveling through monsters and it would still be cheaper supply wise.

The people who can afford to reset the quest multiple times+buy/spent time getting supplies, are already people who can level a :o ton faster.

The "middle-class" or "lowerclass" people would never even think of buying that many reset stones and supplies, it would be just too expensive for them.

#9 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:10 PM

I'm not in a party at the moment. Every time I talk to him he says: "Please back away. You are not permitted to enter!"

IROWIKI says: Note: This part of the quest can only be done one player at a time. You will have to wait until the person before you talk to the valkyrie and exit the quest map before you can enter through the soldier.

It's just the fact that it's been an hour... I dunno if one person can get into the room and just AFK to be a douche, or what might be going on.

Actually, earlier I revised that part of the article to reflect the recent changes to the quest.

As Renouille said, you need to be in a party. When the player or players who are currently fighting the monsters finish, the soldier will move one cell to the left. He'll then transfer you and any party members to the lower level if you then stand in front of him. If you were already standing near him before he moved, you must move away from him, then move back.

Edited by richard, 25 March 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#10 Pylfer

Pylfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:15 PM

Actually, earlier I revised that part of the article to reflect the recent changes to the quest.

As Renouille said, you need to be in a party. When the player or players who are currently fighting the monsters finish, the soldier will move one cell to the left. He'll then transfer you and any party members to the lower level if you then stand in front of him. If you were already standing near him before he moved, you must move away from him then back.

In said party, do both members need to be at the same point of the quest in order to do it? Or can I be in a party where one person is sitting around in Alde and I get in, lol?

#11 MojoChinto

MojoChinto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:16 PM

I never talked to the soldier, I just walked down the stairs. I completed the quest a few times like that, never realized I was supposed to talk to the guy.

#12 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:19 PM

In said party, do both members need to be at the same point of the quest in order to do it? Or can I be in a party where one person is sitting around in Alde and I get in, lol?

I don't know, but it's likely that all of your party members must be present for you to proceed. :o

I never talked to the soldier, I just walked down the stairs. I completed the quest a few times like that, never realized I was supposed to talk to the guy.

You don't need to talk to the soldier, although I wasn't aware of that until just now, after reading Renouille's post. I might revise the quest article again to clarify this. It would be very helpful if someone could test whether the soldier automatically transfers you if you wait in front of him.

Edited by richard, 13 May 2011 - 11:27 PM.

#13 Pylfer

Pylfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:20 PM

Bullocks, that's going to be a pain in the butt to manage that.

#14 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:26 PM

You don't have to talk to the soldier.

#15 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:29 PM

Bullocks, that's going to be a pain in the butt to manage that.

Um, why don't you just ask the other party member to leave the party, or create a new party? :o

#16 Majeh

Majeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:30 PM

Do bm's actually work with the seals quest?

#17 arsn89

arsn89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationMassfag

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:31 PM

bms should work with all event exp

#18 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:32 PM

Battle manuals increase experience received from any NPC. (Yes.)

#19 Majeh

Majeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:35 PM

So seal 2 would give 15m base and 12m job with 3x bm?

#20 arsn89

arsn89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationMassfag

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:40 PM

Yep, but your freaking rich out your ass Majeh, do you really think that would be quicker then thors?

#21 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:09 AM

*edit*hrm my memory might be playing up. I'll have to do the quests again because i could swear the 2nd seal all up took at least an hour or more....

Regardless, I suppose the sheer tediousness of the quests might turn some people off and the ultimate goal is to really unlock the ability to make God Items is it not?

yep that was the problem, hopefully the new quests fix it. I'd LOVE to see a stage where people are actually competing to do the seals like the first 1-2 times it rolled ever (after that it was just the 4th & maybe 3rd seals).

Edited by Hrothmund, 14 May 2011 - 03:16 AM.

#22 Majeh

Majeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:09 AM

cant do thors in renewal like before and sides if u can afford it and u dont hate questing u can get like 60m base and 48m job in 1 hr using triple bm when quest is open O_O

#23 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:40 AM

so with the 50 needed on ymir and 100 on valk/ygg, guess ymir got nerfed :o

#24 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

So seal 2 would give 15m base and 12m job with 3x bm?

It should be
3.66m or 5.4m if VIP = 1.8m difference
3.66 x 3x bm + 1.8 = 12.8m
I never actually used 3x bm but pretty sure VIP is like normal bm.

But if it really 15m, I don't mind to use my 3x bm then /rice.

#25 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

How do you reset your seal status without a Reset Stone? Do you have to complete all 4 and then after someone makes a God Item, your seal status gets reset?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users