Think they'll ever make Alchmist/Biochem fun to play? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 6 votes

Think they'll ever make Alchmist/Biochem fun to play?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:12 PM

By fun to Play I mean as in the items needed for their skills will be avail from a npc insted of me having to hunt like 8-10 diff monsters just to TRY (and most likely FAIL) to make the items I need to actually do something other than bash a mob with my mace all day? As it is I find it horrendously stupid how the alch things need non-npc buyable mats to be used.

Maybe they could add them to the npc but make them weaker than player versions like that do 30% less damage with the skills or so based on the skills total mod.

#2 SisterGoat

SisterGoat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationWA, USA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:17 PM

I like farming and making the stuff for my alchemist (which is why I'm go against the drop rate penalty).

#3 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

I like farming and making the stuff for my alchemist (which is why I'm go against the drop rate penalty).

You might be the only one who does lol XD.

#4 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

I dunno but allowing some items to be bought from npcs for alchemist/bichem could impact genetic more than anything... imagine free acids/grenades= free near instacast aoe acid bomb that does more damage, free plant bottles = free hells plant (lol not that theyre hard to get) I'm perfectly fine with keeping this class expensive or time consuming. If they don't then you can pretty much see a 5 second cast time added to acid bomb.

#5 naseefc

naseefc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

I like that I have to farm things for my alchemist, otherwise I would be like any other class. What sets us apart is we need more dedication to our class to do ANYTHING, but when we do, we are AMAZING. I would definitely be against making it just like any other class.

#6 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:54 PM

I can imagine that the majority of genetics have bots to farm all the necessary items for their skills, if it is so, then it's just really unfair to legit players who have to go through such hardship to get those items. This is just my own thoughs and speculation, I base them on no facts other then experience, speculation and imagination.

Also, c'mon, noone likes to farm 10+ monsters to have a good chance to get a single Acid Demo. Thats just messed up.

Edited by meaning42, 14 May 2011 - 04:55 PM.

#7 Bad123

Bad123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

IT IS FUN ALREADY!!!!!!

#8 naseefc

naseefc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

All the items required to make bombs are like 90% droprate, really not that bad. I just farm with my shadow chaser can get 200-500 drops per half hour depending on the item you are hunting. Really not so bad, especially since I always end up with verit cards when farming lol

#9 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

In that case lets add needed crafted items to every other classes skills. I mean really 10 diff mobs to get stuff just for maybe a 20% chance or less if your not a pure brewer to get the item you need to use a skill ONCE. I'd like to be able to use bomb to mob as a alch.. But I can't due to the alchol. Fabric is easy to get though XD.

"All the items required to make bombs are like 90% droprate, really not that bad. I just farm with my shadow chaser can get 200-500 drops per half hour depending on the item you are hunting. Really not so bad, especially since I always end up with verit cards when farming lol"

Maybe you'll get 4 bombs at the end. After that half hour, which you can use in 4 casts ish. XD

Update: I Looked at the mats needed for alchol not too bad. Would be better if it was 1 stem 1 poison spore I also think all mats needed to make items to use skills should have 100% success rate including alchol and such.

Edited by Siveria, 14 May 2011 - 05:31 PM.

#10 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

You dont have to farm them yourself, you can buy them in the market. Besides they have some of the strongest skills in the game, there should be some drawbacks (still think gfist should require a catalyst given how strong it is).

GX's need a similar amount of farming just to achieve sub-par damage.

Edited by Hrothmund, 14 May 2011 - 05:32 PM.

#11 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:42 PM

In that case lets add needed crafted items to every other classes skills. I mean really 10 diff mobs to get stuff just for maybe a 20% chance or less if your not a pure brewer to get the item you need to use a skill ONCE. I'd like to be able to use bomb to mob as a alch.. But I can't due to the alchol. Fabric is easy to get though XD.

"All the items required to make bombs are like 90% droprate, really not that bad. I just farm with my shadow chaser can get 200-500 drops per half hour depending on the item you are hunting. Really not so bad, especially since I always end up with verit cards when farming lol"

Maybe you'll get 4 bombs at the end. After that half hour, which you can use in 4 casts ish. XD

Update: I Looked at the mats needed for alchol not too bad. Would be better if it was 1 stem 1 poison spore I also think all mats needed to make items to use skills should have 100% success rate including alchol and such.

The main reason that Alchemists have to use such atrocious catalysts are because they have some of the best skills in the game. C'mon, Acid Demonstration can do 6 digit damage and is quite spammable, that need some kind of major preparing, I can let that one slide, but stuff like, Summon Flora, Bomb, Acid, they are all so "meh" that they should NOT require such work to use. Summon Flora shouldn't require brewing, they should require a single stem or something similar, maybe a herb.
Also, if you intend on playing as a Genetic and brewing yourself, you NEED to get yourself a pure brewer, stupid as it is. Otherwize you will loose hours of farming material because of your lack of stats. A good pure brewer can get like 80~90% successrate I think.

You dont have to farm them yourself, you can buy them in the market. Besides they have some of the strongest skills in the game, there should be some drawbacks (still think gfist should require a catalyst given how strong it is).

GX's need a similar amount of farming just to achieve sub-par damage.

Well, Gfist do require some set up to be used, not to mention that it drains your entire SP pool. Though it's easy to counter the SP loss with a Ale or some strawberries..
Though the preparation for gfist was better pre-trans when they had to summon a spiritsphere at the time... For a skill that powerful it only seems fair that it needs time to set up.

Edited by meaning42, 14 May 2011 - 05:45 PM.

#12 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

I've never had an issue with it. I either farm the items or just buy the bombs off someone else.

That's part of the trade off for having powerful skills. The catalyst items are not supposed to be handed to you, either work for it or pay someone else to do it.

#13 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:04 PM

So let me get this straight.. I either need to pay out my arse, or have to make a second char of the SAME class just to use skills? ANYONE else see a problem with this? Cuz I sure do! No other class needs to make 2 copies of itself to use its skills.

Well According to this
http://ro.zhasha.com/ With job lv 23 with 30 dex 1 int 1 luck 68% chance to make red/yellow/white pots, 58% alchol, 48% For mine bottle, Acid, Bottle grenade, and plant bottle. Not bad I guess. Farming mats will suck though XD.

Edited by Siveria, 14 May 2011 - 06:11 PM.

#14 naseefc

naseefc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

There is no problem with it. The class is not designed for new players. If you don't have the funds or means of supporting it then I don't think the class is for you IMO. Not trying to be mean but thats just the way I see the class being structured.

#15 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

For spending time on Sakray for a while, where you can directly buy Acid Bomb bottles ('cause, like what you're trying to suggest, that's what you wanted, right?), it was broken as hell. I can just run around bombing and killing everything with unlimited supplies.

Edited by Miyuki, 14 May 2011 - 06:29 PM.

#16 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

For spending time on Sakray for a while, where you can directly buy Acid Bomb bottles ('cause, like what you're trying to suggest, that's what you wanted, right?), it was broken as hell. I can just run around bombing and killing everything with unlimited supplies.

Welcome to what any other class can do in 3rd job etc. ^^ Meh think i'll shelf my alch, its not worth suffering with it to genetist. thats alot of grinding before it becomes useful. Do champion have any decent clickable attack skills? or am I just gonna ctrl+click to 99 again on it?

Edited by Siveria, 14 May 2011 - 08:07 PM.

#17 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:22 PM

Welcome to what any other class can do in 3rd job etc. ^^ Meh think i'll shelf my alch, its not worth suffering with it to genetist. thats alot of grinding before it becomes useful. Do champion have any decent clickable attack skills? or am I just gonna ctrl+click to 99 again on it?

That's what you call a Combo Champ...

And wait, did you just say it's not worth the suffering to get to Geneticist? If so,

then I don't think the class is for you IMO

Edited by SirDillhole, 14 May 2011 - 08:24 PM.

#18 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:43 PM

Sure, so long as you don't mind half of your skills being nerfed or removed all-together.

Part of the trade-off of having a powerful class is that you actually have to pay / work for items to cast your powerful skills.

The only class with a better damage skill is a Sura, and they... Oh wait, they don't have to really do anything because kRO loves Suras.

#19 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:57 AM

On term of making No problem for me i have a brewer that support my Genetic Bombing need~ and Change Material skill.

I buy material using buy shop~~ only cost me 1k z per acid bottle and 3k per Bombs... in Valk (must be Expensive in Ymir/YGG.)

It will be a Blow to the newbies if the Material needed to make this stuff are sold by the NPC.

The only thing i hunt is Musroom Spore so i can have FUn Polying in SOuth Pront when never i got bored of Grinding~

Most player don't encourage newbies to play archer class course it expensive.

Same concept as Alchemist~if they want to use plant/acid/Bomb Bottle (More expensive)

Edited by Dukeares, 15 May 2011 - 06:07 AM.

#20 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:15 AM

If NPCs start selling the items, I hope they nerf acid bomb a lot then. You might be taken away from MVPing though since MVPing = Bring the class, not the player

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 15 May 2011 - 10:16 AM.

#21 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:20 AM

I'd be happy if they just increased damage from Mammo and Cart Revo so they didn't suck so much. Would make Alchy more fun to play. But as far as the items for their skills are concerned, it would be nice if there was no drop penalty at least. Can't have a game with item dependent skills and make it so they're impossible to attain.

#22 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:23 AM

The drop penalty was originally intended to give newer players an advantage hunting those items you need so you'd buy them. iRO is just so bot heavy that it didn't work too well, unfortunately.

#23 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:33 AM

The drop penalty was originally intended to give newer players an advantage hunting those items you need so you'd buy them. iRO is just so bot heavy that it didn't work too well, unfortunately.

Doesn't help that there aren't many new players coming into the game either.

#24 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:45 PM

On term of making No problem for me i have a brewer that support my Genetic Bombing need~ and Change Material skill.

I buy material using buy shop~~ only cost me 1k z per acid bottle and 3k per Bombs... in Valk (must be Expensive in Ymir/YGG.)

It will be a Blow to the newbies if the Material needed to make this stuff are sold by the NPC.

The only thing i hunt is Musroom Spore so i can have FUn Polying in SOuth Pront when never i got bored of Grinding~

Most player don't encourage newbies to play archer class course it expensive.

Same concept as Alchemist~if they want to use plant/acid/Bomb Bottle (More expensive)

The main problem is the fact you bascally need 2 of the same class to be effective with one of them.

#25 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:26 PM

The main problem is the fact you bascally need 2 of the same class to be effective with one of them.

If you're just talking about leveling up I would avoid using consumables you have to hunt for. I realize this limits what you can do with an alchy/biochem, but until you get to genetic you're better off carting and ctrl clicking mobs.

I think you'll find that at teh end game (WoE/MVPs) you have to specialize what you do with your time. You can 1. throw consumables, 2. make consumables or 3. hunt ingredients for consumables. Pick one because each is a full time job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users