looking for server - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

looking for server

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 xRiceBoy

xRiceBoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:11 PM

It's been a while since I played RO and I'm looking for a server to play in. I made a thief in Valk but there are too many bots and I'm thinking of switching coz of this.

Will switching to Ymir be a good move and worth the money? If someone could tell me the pros and cons of Valk and Ymir, that would help a lot.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:22 PM

If you absolutely hate bots, the Ymir will be the best choice.

#3 An1ma

An1ma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Server:Sera is OP

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:22 PM

This is from my recent experience with transferring to Ymir.
If you know how to level and what you are doing, Levels 1-99 is gonna fly by in 1-2 days.[Less Bots]
Making money is also easier on Ymir due to less bots. Newbie items actually sell.
At first I thought Ymir was full of elitist since it has more veteran players but the people there are pretty nice. They will actually talk back to you unlike some valk players that will simply ignore you or even make fun of you.

tl:dr I would say Ymir if you want an easier time playing the game. If you dont have much on your thief on valk, just start new on Ymir. You could probably get it all back in 3-4 hours.

#4 xRiceBoy

xRiceBoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:34 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

One thing I find weird though, the market seems rather pricey according to Ragial. People are buying iron ore for > 10k which is weird, while on Valk it's around 2k. Am I misreading Ragial or is Ymir really "expensive"?

#5 arsn89

arsn89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationMassfag

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

One thing I find weird though, the market seems rather pricey according to Ragial. People are buying iron ore for > 10k which is weird, while on Valk it's around 2k. Am I misreading Ragial or is Ymir really "expensive"?

Just inflation issues, older server means higher pricer etc.

Valk has less money in circulation.

#6 Skorch

Skorch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:04 PM

Ymir also has less bots to farm things.

#7 xRiceBoy

xRiceBoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

I see. Well thanks a lot guys! Gonna give Ymir a shot.

#8 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:24 AM

People are buying iron ore for > 10k which is weird, while on Valk it's around 2k.

Iron Ore is not a good item to measure the inflation of Ymir market.
People are hoarding it on the assumption that it will be needed to summon Tao Gunka when the MVP Summoner NPC will be reintroduced for VIPs.
Also various other random drops that are in demand, come from the list of the MVP summoner requirements, you can see the old one here: Summoner Event (2010/08/19) ~ (2010/09/16)

Edited by Kiehl, 16 May 2011 - 05:25 AM.

#9 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

its a lot easier to make money on ymir
things that are easy to get at low lvls like sticky webfeet and stems sell really well on ymir, while on valk they are always farmed with bots and have a much lower value

#10 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:26 AM

Ymir because Ygg and Valk sucks.

#11 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:29 AM

If you like players that only stick to their guilds, never party, and you want to be destroyed by players with gear you will not obtain within the next year... I'd suggest Ymir. If not, I'd say go with the only other server, Valkyrie.

Edited by Scuba, 16 May 2011 - 10:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users