#1 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:08 PM

I've been battling with myself over this for quite awhile, my ending result was I was going to get both sets and max them both out in order to have both benefits at any given time. I'm never going to be doing PVP, but this has me between a rock and a hard spot.

I have full Luminous currently, planning on farming my Unique/Epic Staff with a friend (not a problem here.)
Embedding it with a D7.

> Should I worry about getting Chivalrous NOW, or wait until I max Luminous out? (refines)

> For Luminous, should I embed a T7 or a D7?
> Should I get a Lava D7 Set or a different set of accessories?

> When I acquire full Chivalrous, should I embed a T7 or a D7?
> I know I should obviously get a Lava D7 Set for accessories.

Chivalrous > Physical Defense (handy for soloing stronger bosses close-up with the help of a cleric only, along with meleeing hordes ganging up on you.)

Luminous > Magic Defense (handy for soloing bosses with the help of a party, attacking from afar; defensive for range attacks such as normal attacks and/or a boss's AoE.)

They're both helpful, I suppose it just depends on what situation you're in.

---

What set would you prefer, and why?

Edited by Rukario, 16 May 2011 - 12:31 AM.

#2 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:34 PM

Chivalrous: Because there are hardly any magic attack enemies, and your defense is lower than your magic defense anyway.

#3 Icrafttofu

Icrafttofu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:34 PM

would be nice to know what class you are referring to, but taking a wild guess, mage. Like what phish said, most monsters ingame are more physical damage dealing monster with the exception of a few monsters which deal magic attacks, and as a mage with your main stat as INT and the high magic defense you already have on your gear itself, that is more then enough magic defense. So in conclusion get chiv, and playing mage, I prefer D7's> T7, but everyone is different.

#4 SelasVic

SelasVic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:38 PM

no discussion Chiv>Lumi in PvM. even against ghost-mobs

#5 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:34 AM

would be nice to know what class you are referring to, but taking a wild guess, mage. Like what phish said, most monsters ingame are more physical damage dealing monster with the exception of a few monsters which deal magic attacks, and as a mage with your main stat as INT and the high magic defense you already have on your gear itself, that is more then enough magic defense. So in conclusion get chiv, and playing mage, I prefer D7's> T7, but everyone is different.

Not hard to figure out what class I am considering what subforum this is posted in.

Thank-you three for your feedback.

I plan to max out both sets either way. :D

#6 gusperjos

gusperjos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

use lumi only when u pvp with another mage or cleric
if u just wanna kill boss monster, use your chiva,, i m sure all (or maybe almost) boss monsters doing physical attack, not magic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users