• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ryu888

ryu888

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

Can't something be done about the bots? every I go theres bots even lv 99 ones! mostly rogues. Couldn't they implement some sort of captcha mechanic to the game? this would literally take care of any bot since it needs a real human to respond.

#2 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:08 PM

Nothing will be done get used to it.

#3 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

I spy with my little eye...a japanese official server that managed it.

#4 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:20 PM

These topics are like bots and Droyd's posts: they appear and appear over and over again...

#5 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

You would at least think they would be able to get rid of the spammers. Just one walk through pront and boom gone. Can you get banned for the bowling bash/ice wall/portal thing on zenny spammers? They would prolly ban me and let the zenny spammer stay. There is some reason they keep the bots and spammers around or else they would be gone.

#6 Sock

Sock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

It's too bad there isn't a system in effect where you can report a bot by right clicking it, and if it's been reported over 50 or 100 times by individual people, it's investigated by a GM.

#7 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:35 PM

Can't something be done about the bots? every I go theres bots even lv 99 ones! mostly rogues. Couldn't they implement some sort of captcha mechanic to the game? this would literally take care of any bot since it needs a real human to respond.

YOU SHOULD ASK ABOUT DELETING LEVELING BOTS, becouse rogue bots are made to get cards and other items with a really low drop rate, imagine to hunt by yourself the 15 thara froggs that your guildmates needs? this bots makes cheaper all those kind of items, -think twice-

#8 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:38 PM

Reports actually do work, but is not instantaneous.

#9 PsychoNerd

PsychoNerd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

YOU SHOULD ASK ABOUT DELETING LEVELING BOTS, becouse rogue bots are made to get cards and other items with a really low drop rate, imagine to hunt by yourself the 15 thara froggs that your guildmates needs? this bots makes cheaper all those kind of items, -think twice-

so you're proud that there are bots in the game?
i personally dislike it. if you're hunting something, and the bots are there and they happen to find what you're looking for, or the thought that they would without effort, it really pisses me off--especially if the kill could have been for the non-botter player.
and if they happen to make items cheaper, then the rare items that you spent so much time hunting for is worth less when you sell it.

#10 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

there is SOMETHING you can do about it... go to ymir lmao

#11 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

Usually how long? And how do you want it to be with the resources you have right now?

A lot of bost are caught only by having GM investigate instantaneous which doesn't seem to be an option at the moment.

#12 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:45 AM

its the banning that doesnt work.

#13 Kirameki

Kirameki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:58 AM

Have you checked the status off Yggdrasil lately?
600 Players, but only about 25% (probably less) of those are legit/unique players.
Thank you for ruining Yggdrasil.

Want to do something about it? get of your asses and start banning bots!

#14 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:34 AM

why isn't there a sheriff gm in the acual game at least a few hours a day. I would rather have less CM's than actual real time action in game being taken. Stop ignoring us on the message boards and start ignoring us in game.

#15 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

why isn't there a sheriff gm in the acual game at least a few hours a day. I would rather have less CM's than actual real time action in game being taken. Stop ignoring us on the message boards and start ignoring us in game.

what? 0.o

Start ignoring us on the message boards and stop ignoring us in game???

#16 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:54 AM

what? 0.o

Start ignoring us on the message boards and stop ignoring us in game???

Its a step up for them. At least they might actually see whats happening in the game rather than just what people are saying about the game. I would rather see them standing there ignoring me than just posting a generalized reply message on the forums. Like "oh wow there is about 3 zenny spammers on every screen you walk through at the valk market place", and "oh now they are smart and have them on a rotating log in and log out so you cant always have them on your no whispering list".

#17 JimKipo

JimKipo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

Before I say anything,let me tell u i quit 6-7 months ago and donated my equips to friends so i'll never come back lol
I just happened to see a post on FB,remembered of RO and looked at the forums for fun XD

Now...bots will never stop...accept it.the only guys who r totally and completely against em r ppl like me,
who didn't woe and played only for fun and just wanted to get stronger in game for the feeling of accomplishing smth...

A guy who plays for woe will NEVER EVER want bots to stop.if bots stopped major guilds would start growing weaker,
cause their brewers wouldn't be able to sell 142565678542346 ygg berries and seeds(just an exaggerated example but u got the point),
cause they will never find 30 thara frogs vended in 1 day,cause they don't make their zeny from farming but from selling kafra stuff or
rare drops that they bought from botters and upgraded them with kafra stuff or any other kafra way to make zeny.

one other thing,just cause i'm tired of seeing ppl ask if bots r wrong or not...
r bots wrong?the ONLY logical and ethical answer is yes.there is NO other side to it or other way to look at it...it's undeniably,utterly,totally wrong...
but neither the world or this game is logical or ethical...or right..they r what they r...so decide:
1)u stay in the game,buy a -_-load of kafra stuff,join a fancy guild,buy a good alarm clock for woe,exploit the goods that bots supply the market with
and NEVER ASK FOR BOTS TO GO AWAY OR IF THEY R WRONG OR NOT cause u want/need em
2)stay in game for the fun of it,log in rarely mostly for chat and never care about lvling/gearing ever again
and NEVER ASK FOR BOTS TO GO AWAY OR IF THEY R WRONG OR NOT cause u simply don't care much whether they r there or not
3)quit and NEVER ASK FOR BOTS TO GO AWAY OR IF THEY R WRONG OR NOT cause it's not ur concern anymore and will never be again

last but not least,these kinds of posts about bots should stop being posted someday for the reasons mentioned above.
If ppl won't stop,GMs pls take em down the moment u notice em lol cause ppl just feel an unexplained urge to reply to posts about bots(like me /meh)

that's all,sigh that was tiring...take care all..i hope u have fun with the game nowadays,that's it was meant to do anyway,to let us have fun XD

Edited by JimKipo, 17 May 2011 - 04:16 PM.

#18 JimKipo

JimKipo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

oh yeah btw, GMs will never seriously want bots to go away, so they will never seriously try to get rid of em,
they'll just kick one or two per week to fool those who indeed want bots to go away that they did smth.
ppl who seriously woe,want bots --> ppl who seriously woe,pay for kafra stuff --> GMs want bots.
as simple as that!!!byebyes!!

#19 meaziel

meaziel

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:11 PM

I agree 100% bots for me are really problem because i want legit and fun game not bot heaven. Its really so hard ban vendors with 10 cards from same mobs ? or 10000 items from them ? or just check them for legit play ?
Because of bots gravity is losing money they should understand this. After this month my VIP status ends and i will end playing ragnarok because of ygg bots and vendors that sell thousands illegal items (from botting)

Gravity please implement some anty-boting mechanism (etc capcha, hackshield) and wipe illegal accounts from servers.
Or give better ways to report botting, i made ticket because some guy was boting, and after 3 days bot was in same place.
My ticket : 13.05
Reply: 16.05
Closed: 18.05

Edited by meaziel, 17 May 2011 - 09:17 PM.

#20 Boxinguru

Boxinguru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:24 PM

Bots will never go away. If you think otherwise you are fooling yourself.

#21 meaziel

meaziel

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

But why there are bots that have high lvl ? i know that bots will be always present but they should be baned and ip blocked sooner. When you pay real money you want to have legit servers and legit fun, not world full of fake users that cheat to gather items and lvl. No one who likes even chances and fun will pay for something like that.
If gravity dont do something Ragnorok will die not because its bad game (its realy fun...) but because of bots and less real people and more bots with every day.

Edited by meaziel, 17 May 2011 - 10:35 PM.

#22 ryu888

ryu888

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

I have stop playing already since everywhere I go is full of bots, there is really no point in clicking and clicking once you figure out every monster is the same except with a different sprite, and the economy is basically manipulated by people who bot, what is more disturbing is that even though this problem is very apparent the game makers decided to not do jack thing about it and still expects people to actually pay for their services. And those people that Woe or Pvp, if you are relying on bots to do that, just stop playing, your basically paying money to feel some sort of accomplishment in virtual reality.

If you are just a casual player I suggest you stop playing too, because if you are thinking about going into pvp or woe just forget about it, you can play 24/7 and still won't stand a chance against those are taking advantage of bots. Just getting a piece of good equipment already cost millions upon millions of zeny, even if you have enough theres a very high probability that the item you are buying is botted, do you seriously want something you work hard for to buy something that took no effort?

Are there bots in Jro and Kro as well? or this problem only exists in Iro?

#23 yarumasi

yarumasi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

You guys need a solid system to stop bots, we can't report the hundreds of randomly generated rogue bots that are created PER DAY without it already making that large impact. I would go as far as to say 75% of the online population is merchants of bots, bots, or other shady players.

#24 ryu888

ryu888

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:14 PM

I find reporting bots is a useless effort and would just result in vain. Think of how easy it is just to sign up accounts and how to get bots going because of the amazing gears botters already have, and with this x2 rate going it'll just spawn even more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users