TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

whats with 50.
im a sura (the only cool class) and im looking, and 49 points just wont do. so my question is whats with that.
its just so lame normally i can say well kro does this or that. but on this i have no idea... so whats up? are we gonna go to job 70 or what 50 is so lame DD=

#2 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:44 PM

+1

And why is job 70 on a trans class so hard to get now? I was job 65 when I hit 99. That was rather irritating. Really hoping they at least modify the tables soon.

#3 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:24 PM

Hiya sura, the cool class! ^^

I'm bishop. The class kRO had no idea what skills to make and gave me a battleFS mess with AoE acolyte skills. I wonder what would be worth getting with more skill points. Maybe slow poison? /hmm

#4 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:31 PM

So you would actually have to make some decisions. When it was just 2nd jobs, a lot of the jobs actually had to choose what skill build they would go. When they introduced trans with job 70, pretty much every job had the same skill tree.

#5 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

im sure every champ and wiz out there knows what i mean. they gave us so many skills with high max lvls, and suras welcome to the longest hardest skill tree.

#6 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

I honestly can't even think of a proper response to this, so let me leave you with this:

No.

#7 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

^Lawl

#8 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:05 PM

Alright, now that I've had a few minutes to actually think of a response, I'll explain further:

The idea was to have multiple possible builds when it came to skills. With 70 job points as a trans character, there was mostly a perfect cookie cutter build that just about everyone was using, because there were skills that were useful and then ones that just... Weren't.

The same idea was applied to status points. Instead of the 100 cap, it is now 120, and there are also more points from level 100-150. The intention was that people would be able to vary their builds more.

The fact that you're having trouble figuring out what skills to get shows that something was at least done right there. Royal Guards, for example, have about three different builds based on skills: Hesperus Lit, Inspiration or Defense / Tanking (Prestige, Force of Vanguard, etc.)

Unfortunately it's far from perfect due to the fact that some skills are still rather crappy while others are amazing, or because of pre-requisites. For example, to get Inspiration I needed to put a lot of points into skills that I wasn't able to max and therefore very rarely use (Earth Drive and Shield Press, for example), whereas Genetics only need to put a few points into Hell Plant and Blood Sucker to get Howling of Mandragora.

#9 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

Trans classes are better than 3rd classes at forging and potting, and benefit more from items that give bonuses depending on job level. For these purposes, 3rd class job levels should be worth 1.5 regular job levels.. or something.

#10 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:11 PM

I think that's more of a standalone problem than anything.

#11 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

@Ralis and renouille you both have very valid points also there are no 3ed class skills effecting forging and im not sure about chems

but my main point in here is im looking and i dont see how i can get rampage blaster 5 rising dragon 10 lightning walk 5 and gates of hell 10 something has to be sacrificed and leaves no room for anything else.

i would just like to be able to get some other skills. im already not able to max some nice skills maybe for some classes 70 job lvls are very unneeded, and some its a must. is that fair to say?

#12 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:32 PM

So with hitting job 50 as a 3rd class is already a pain in the rear, why would you want to suffer more? I agree that a lot of the third classes need to get to Job 70, but I rather pick the job 50, since you HAVE to actually think about what skills you want on your character, and thus separating you from other classes.

I also agree with Snewt, I got Job67 when I was Base 99...
You guys should revamp the Job levels exp...

#13 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:00 AM

The 3 skill trees I thought were well designed actually were... sura warlock and royal guard. They allow multiple builds where you can't get EVERYTHING GOOD all at the same time. I think all the classes should be like that. Too bad a lot of the classes just don't have anything good to begin with

#14 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:56 AM

i dont think the extra 19 points are going to make it so you can get EVERYTHING. i will have to look into more and see were that would leave each build.
it would be great to hear more about what reasons were put behind the max job 50, from some of our community mods and well informed players.
also if there are any differences in skill trees or max job lvl from the other official ro servers

also i feel i should say my aim here is not to just be able to get all the skills. i just feel with each path you may chose there are a lot of skills that are very useful, that you simply cant get without sacrificing the more main skills.

Edited by TheFury, 17 May 2011 - 01:10 AM.

#15 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:14 AM

no, we dont want more overpowered 150/70 classes, they r OP'ed enuf wid 50

#16 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:22 AM

@Heart wile i understand why you might think that a change in max job lvl would only get your face pawned worse. i encourage you look at your skill build, and see where you would feel the extra points would be well placed.
consider if that would make you a "OP'ed" 150/70 or a well rounded 150/70.
let us know what class and build you are and how your skill tree is limited or not by the 50 maximum.

#17 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:34 AM

+1

And why is job 70 on a trans class so hard to get now? I was job 65 when I hit 99. That was rather irritating. Really hoping they at least modify the tables soon.

Somewhere Doddler I think posted a graph that showed the exp/hp ratio of monsters with rising level.
And what you could see there was that they intentionally lowered the job exp for monsters ~50-100 at one time. Someone at kRO sadistic much?

#18 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:03 AM

i dont think the extra 19 points are going to make it so you can get EVERYTHING. i will have to look into more and see were that would leave each build.
it would be great to hear more about what reasons were put behind the max job 50, from some of our community mods and well informed players.
also if there are any differences in skill trees or max job lvl from the other official ro servers

also i feel i should say my aim here is not to just be able to get all the skills. i just feel with each path you may chose there are a lot of skills that are very useful, that you simply cant get without sacrificing the more main skills.

If a rune knight were to max every one of their skills, they need 75 skill points.
Geneticist can get just about every useful skill in under 70 skill points.
Unless you consider battle arch bishop skills, they can get all the skills they need maxed in well under 70 skill points.
Guillotine Cross definitely does not need job 70 considering how useless some of their skills are.
If a Royal Guard only wanted one of Banding, Inspiration, or Prestige, they could get all the skills they need in under 70 skill points.

etc.
You're faced with a dilemma you should be facing. Do you prioritize GoH, Rampage Blast, Lightning, or Rising Dragon more?

#19 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:39 AM

well sacrificing Lightning Ride is Clearly not a option nor rising dragon rampage blast i guess one my be ok with settling for 4 to max GoH as a woe build if they are already 150/50.

i guess what it comes down to it, it is the other classes all just sucking. so the real answer is to wipe all other classes, make the max jlvl 70 and we can all be badass suras

i mean lets be honest here the only thing the other classes are good for now is to be deleted and have a sura made in there place. yep im glad we all agree :D

#20 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:37 AM

@Heart wile i understand why you might think that a change in max job lvl would only get your face pawned worse. i encourage you look at your skill build, and see where you would feel the extra points would be well placed.
consider if that would make you a "OP'ed" 150/70 or a well rounded 150/70.
let us know what class and build you are and how your skill tree is limited or not by the 50 maximum.

oh my u caught me, too bad ur dream will never be fulfilled anyways, theres a reason why they kept it 50 and not 70

#21 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:20 AM

they probably did it with the notion they'll put in 200/100 in the future

#22 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:00 AM

Sorcerers......They stress it even during the job change that you're more than likely only going to be able to choose one path in terms of choosing an elemental alignment(Maxing one of the Elemental Summons and not being able to fit in skill pts for all 3 unless you sacrificed some of your other Sorcerer skills).

#23 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

Just learn to accept some build diversity because coming from a game where everyone has the exact same skill build, I can tell you it's very boring.

#24 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

I honestly can't even think of a proper response to this, so let me leave you with this:

No.

Totally my words.

#25 mooMOOmoo

mooMOOmoo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:53 PM

Somewhere Doddler I think posted a graph that showed the exp/hp ratio of monsters with rising level.
And what you could see there was that they intentionally lowered the job exp for monsters ~50-100 at one time. Someone at kRO sadistic much?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And what you could see there was that they intentionally lowered the job exp for monsters >95 at one time. Someone at kRO sadistic much?

Edited by mooMOOmoo, 17 May 2011 - 02:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users