Any tips on making money on valk? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Any tips on making money on valk?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:01 PM

Any tips for making money on valk server? Since the bots have pretty much driven the value of most etc items down the toilet? Prefer a steady method, not "hunt for card" because you can be there for weeks and never see one with the way to low drop rate.

Also, is there even a point to blacksmiths anymore? Seems elemental weapons really hard to find.. Been trying to find a Elemental swordmace or stunner set. How good is a Battle Smith?

Edited by Siveria, 17 May 2011 - 04:02 PM.

#2 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

A good battlesmith is like a good battle alchy, just that the alchy has a future.

#3 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

there are a few ways to make money steadily. It won't get you super rich fast, but it'll help you stay afloat.

At very low levels, hunt consumables like maneater blossoms, strawberries, etc. People will always buy these. I recommend baby desert wolves very early on as you might get a warg blood, which sells for about 15,000 each.

At mid-range levels, you should have a character with Overcharge. at lv 80-ish you can start to hunt harpies. If you have a class who can mob, the feathers and talons OC for a lot for such a common drop. You can also hunt goats for the herbs.

At higher levels, when you are 3rd class and have a strong mobbing ability, you can go to magma dungeon 2, which is like harpies but even better. If you decide to use a blacksmith, then greed will help you out immensely here.

From there on, it's all about hunting consumables like prickly fruits and genetic food ingredients, and trying to use potions as little as possible. I can make about 1.5m easily now doing nothing but picking up monster drops off the floor and selling them to an NPC. Just focus on your leveling. You don't need to buy very expensive gears until you're a 3rd class character, as your eden equips will get you through much of the early game.(unless you're like...a hindsight sage)

Another thing to remember: Bots cannot mob. Once you get to lv 100+, you gather the ability to farm items more efficiently than a bot, and so you can start to seek out items of value. It's good to keep in mind that the following always sell as they are useful for player skills and such:

prickly fruit = 50k (genetics love these)
elder branch = 25k (used for making runes)
maneater blossom = 2-3k (used for leveling from 56-70 at eden and plant bottles)
maneater root = 500ish(makes blood sucker seed)
mermaid heart = 2-3k(makes glistening coat)
poison spore/stem = 500ish(alcohol)
zenorc fang = 500ish(glistening coat)
orcish badge = 300ish(orc hero hat, which people like for some reason)
pet tame items = ?? (pet eggs sell for more of course)
red/yellow gemstones = 4-5k(sorcerors need yellow gems)
Elemental stones = 25k (sorcerors need these to summon)
Hairs = 2k (hairstyle change)
Dead Branch = 25k (bored high level players like these)
Genetic food ingredient = 25 to 300k (used in mix cooking)
Fish parts = varies (for seal quest)
(rough)Elu/Ori = 25k (safe upgrades mean these are back in demand now)
Wich Starsand = 1.3k (used for many things)
Mandragora flowerpot = 25k (mandragora howling)
White herb = 2k (used in mix cooking)
SP items = ?? (always good to sell these)

so on so forth.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 17 May 2011 - 06:26 PM.

#4 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:52 PM

Yeah hunting for cards is total bs. I swear every time i start a new char, by the time i hit 80 which only takes a few days i get at least 2 crappy cards. on the other hand when i grind at the same place for a week i don't get one card. i know that when i step out of that place i was grinding and accidentally hit a crap monster i will get a card. The drop system is rigged.

#5 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:04 PM

I never hunt cards. If I get a card it's just a little 'oh look at that' distraction.

Hunting consumables that you KNOW you'll get lots of is a way to make a steady income, since you can't rely on getting cards and rare drops.

Having said that, I've never had more than 60m before :D' but that should change once I have my necessary gears and can actually get to saving.

#6 Mutoh

Mutoh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

There are a couple of threads about this like this one and this one.

Also, i never hunt cards to sell but i do hunt cards that i need. Also when i'm hunting for exp with my main or alts i try to do it in maps were monsters may drop rare items to sell.

Edited by Mutoh, 17 May 2011 - 07:48 PM.

#7 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:25 AM

Make a female character. Flirt a bit. Mention 'Kawaii' a lot. Use ":3" emote after ever alternative sentence.
You'll be rich in no time!

All jokes aside, I'd say do dead branches, they sell like crazy. If ur not strong enough to face e.willows & nine-tails buy from ppl in payon for like 20-25k and resell in Pront for ~40k(use Buy shops for this). If you need some starting capital, I'd be willing to be your loan shark <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users