[R] General Use, Post-Renewal Leveling Guide - Guides and Quests - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[R] General Use, Post-Renewal Leveling Guide

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

Hello,
Ever since Renewal came about, it seems like a lot of people have been having a harder time finding places to level their characters. Back in November I compiled a short leveling list, from 1-99, on my guild's forums so people who needed it (myself included) didn't have to search up spots on their own. I sort of left it at that but, after getting the same questions from friends and people in-game, on where to level to get to 99/70 quickly, I decided I'd help out by putting my guide here, too. Now, seeing as how quickly you level is dependent on your class, build, gears, and the amount of zeny you're willing to use to get the job done, this leveling guide might not be a perfect match for you. I, however, tend to be more on the "I want to spend as little as possible leveling" side, so I tried to find places that would be easy to level at - but still fairly quick.

As another note, it is very helpful if you happen to have, or know, a Rune Knight with Enchant Blade maxed to buff you in your lower levels. It makes your leveling go by a lot quicker, especially for the classes that can't level very efficiently as lower levels (hello FS priests!). As an example, a few weeks ago during the Harpy/Medusa turn ins, I managed to melee-level my FS priest all the way up to 70 with my Rune Knight Enchant Blade-slaving me the whole time. It may seem like overkill, but being able to deal damages in the 500-600's mark on a support priest, instead of, maybe 100's is very good, lol.

I've linked the monsters with their information on irowiki's database, as that's the database I use. Anyways, since this originally was just a 1-99 guide, it's pretty straight-forward... so without further ado:

1-10: Mandragoras (one north of Geffen)
10-20: Mukas/Peco Pecos (two west of Payon)
20-30: Andre/Piere/Deniro/Vitata/Familiar (ant hell lvl 2 [one south one west of Morroc] entrance at bottom right of map)
30-40: Hydra/Plankton/Kukre/Marina/Vadon (Izlude dungeon level 1), Thara Frogs
40-50: Grove (two east of Comodo, old Alligator map) If you can't hit these, or are getting low exp because you switched too soon, head south one and kill seals/galapagos until you're 40, Greatest Generals
40-60 (ALT Spot): Orc Dungeon
50-60: Hode (two south, one east of Morroc)
60-70: Grand Pecos/Goats once 65 (outside Kiel Dungeon, or one east of Juperos dungeon, or two south two east of Juno), Geographers,
70-80: Goats/Harpies (one west of Grand Peco/Goat map, entrance to Juperos map), Porcellio, Les/Wood Goblins, Metalings, Clocks
80-90: Turtles (progressing up to level 3 when it starts getting slow), Porcellio (until 83-85), Stapos (85+), Siromas (85+)
90-95: Anopheles/Roweens (one east of Rachel) / Stapos (one south of Veins), Nif Field 1, Sting, Dark Priest
95-99: Hillwinds (one east two north of Rachel, or outside Ice Caves then south) / Kobolds (one east two north one east of Rachel, or Outside Ice Caves then south then east) / Desert Wolves (one east three north of Rachel, or outside Ice Caves) / Magmarings (North of Veins, then either west or north depending on the map you pop out on, or outside of Thor Volcano Dungeon) / Anolians (In Glast Heim sewers), Nif Field 2
100-110: Most of the same places as 95-99 would also work for 100-105(or higher), Raydrics, Nepenthes, Cornus, Magma Dungeon Floor 2, Juperos Floor 1
110-120: Juperos Floor 1, Rachel Sanctuary Floor 1, Cursed Monestary Floor 2, Abyss Lake 3 (115+)
120-130: Juperos Floor 1, Rachel Sanctuary Floor 1 or Higher, Cursed Monestary Floor 3, Abyss Lake 3, Thor Dungeon 1, Bradium Golem, Bio Labs Level 2, Dementional Gorge
130-140: Same places as 120-130, plus Bio Labs 3
140-150: Same places again? D:

Also note that this might not be the super-crazy absolute best leveling route, but it works (I've used these spots on quite a few characters) and you're able to level fairly quickly all the way through.

Useful links:
http://db.irowiki.org/db/
http://healplz.com/exp/index.php
http://ragial.com/

Feel free to suggest alternate leveling spots and I'll add them, since I know I probably missed some. Also, if the directions I put up to a certain map is wrong, sorry, I'm going by memory lol.

Anyways, hope this helps people wondering where to level now. <_<

*Edit*
I added some variety in the mobs on the lower levels, and also added leveling from 100-150. My highest character right now is still only in the 120's, so I'm not positive on the leveling spots from 130-150... if they're wrong (or you know better ones) please let me know and I can update them.

Edited by Kmac, 19 May 2011 - 09:38 AM.

#2 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:44 AM

Very nice, would you like me to move it to the new player strategies forum or pin it here?

#3 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

Either or is fine with me, so long as it's easily seen for people to use. =]

#4 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:33 AM

How well does these spots hold for mage classes? In perticular Turtle Dungeon?

#5 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

Turtle Dungeon might be too hard for mage classes, since I think they're cast-sensitive, but you could also try Porcellios, Clocks/Alarms, and then Stapo (once you're 80 at least).

I only ended up leveling my mage up to like 60 with these spots, because it's an endow slave lol.

#6 generallocke

generallocke

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:42 AM

Mangagoras is probably hard for some people who job change at Prontera (since the best mangagora is at Geffen and it tends to be unfavorable to melees), Alterative spots for 1-10 should include Willows (Outside of Payon or Alberta) 10-15 should include wasps (west of Pront)

#7 jackpotjester

jackpotjester

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:42 PM

Sweet guide. I would definitely say, though, that the Rocker map is the best map for early leveling. I've spanned entire first jobs of leveling just at:
rockers Base 10-23/25
Poporings 25-40, focusing more on Marins 35-40.
With some Byalan Dungeon shenanigans thrown in 35-40, and well into second job.

these three maps got my Aco all the way from 1-1 to 70-35 very smoothly. ;D

Happy leveling, y'all.

#8 reaney

reaney

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:42 PM

Excellent guide. Good to have some ideas when looking for somewhere new. Only one suggestion.

Pre-first class (If you didn't change directly after training grounds) until about base lvl 20, Spores and Wormtails (two maps East of Payon) are great. Also, with the Eden quests on these from 12 on, gives these a nice boost!

#9 wren2012

wren2012

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:56 AM

i was wondering...is there suggested monsters for 90-99 as a sin without having to spam pots? even with 92 + 12 agility, i get reamed x_x

#10 GenFairy

GenFairy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:57 AM

I sure better move this post to newbie guide

#11 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:14 PM

Just started playing again, so over the next couple weeks or so I will be updating this guide as I get the time to do so since it's been a few years.

#12 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:13 AM

one thing to note is that there are a lot of bounty boards available in the towns now, encompassing levels from 1-150+. usually located near tool shops, you can grab those in conjunction with any eden quests or random hunting you decide to do.

geffen, pront, and payon offer boards starting at level 1, and comodo, juno, and hugel have <99 boards as well.

eden group quests go up to 140.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users