An idea about bots... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

An idea about bots...

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Sock

Sock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:35 PM

The GM's need to setup a webpage where we can report the exact fields that bots congregate on, for instance, magmarings map. Nothing but bots and a few AFK alchemists. Or west of Geffen, Ground Petite Map.

What I'm saying is, if we had a webpage set up, with map names, where users can report that particular map, the name of suspected bots, it will give the GMs the heads-up on bot heavy maps where they can go through a weekly cleaning once a day.

Edited by Sock, 18 May 2011 - 01:35 PM.

#2 naseefc

naseefc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:37 PM

What does being afk have anything to do with bots? oO

#3 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

Sock we have that on the ticket tool.

I can't condone a public "witch hunt list" that everyone gets to post up who they think are bots, for the precise reason that sometimes they aren't bots.

If you want to put in lists of names and maps the ticket tool will be the best option.

#4 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:33 PM

OR.......... try making a web... PAGE!!!??

Maybe you can do that by...... making a THREAD in the FORUMS.

That way you get same effect without th hassle. you'd have to keep bumping it but, if the GMs don't mind making this so published then they'll pin it. If not they'll probably STILL look at it so you still get the effect..... minus the recognition and the publicity.

#5 Sock

Sock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:55 PM

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying, reporting the maps where obvious rampant botting occurs.

Either that, or implement the anti-bot program that private servers use.

Edited by Sock, 18 May 2011 - 03:08 PM.

#6 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

the ticket tool is too much trouble to go through to report a bot with, i shouldnt have to take 20+ minutes submitting a digital stool sample and 75 generation complete geneology report just to put in a ticket that says "ZOMG YANJOON23 AND HIS 22 YOUNGER BROTHERS ARE BOTTING IN ANT HELL".

#7 Gnedenko

Gnedenko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

Posting Map & Character name is just alert the botter to know that it's time to change the map and create the new character for farming. Botters will come and check the thread everyday to see if their character is being reported.

#8 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

lol, boting and "i". @_@

Edited by Snewt, 18 May 2011 - 04:53 PM.

#9 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:00 PM

@Sock, no posting pserver pics.

#10 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

I'm quite pissed at a certain bot at Magmarin who/which is set to Wing/Tele upon seeing another player... I can't get its name ~!!

#11 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

If you report class and map and anything like what headgears etc. sometimes you do not need to report a name.

The problem I think, is not that the GMs aren't looking at bot reports, the reason most bots get away is that, by the time a GM gets round to doing the bot check the bot is already gone, has realised it's been reported and/or has the bot turned off. Of course if it's a mindless farming bot, it may disappear, but it is quickly replaced.

I have no idea how the GMs handle the tickets, but I think they should filter through and prioritize tickets about bots, else the bots may get away with it.

#12 ryu888

ryu888

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

I littery saw someone setup a chat that says Homuculous bot in magmaring map, didn't even bother to check the name but this gives you how huge the problems with bots are.

The most bots I have seen are the earth petite one in west of geffen and the second level of clock tower, there are nothing but rogue bots there and they're all lv 99 it would be rare to see a human there.

#13 Kirameki

Kirameki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:38 AM

What the GM's have to do is not remove the bots from the game, it's making sure a bot cannot be used in the first place.
What they're doing isn't fixing the problem, its just slowing it down, and they're not doing a very good job at that.
Me as a player, who wasted thousands of dollars on cash shop, and have been playing for almost 6 months, am actually considering quitting RO , since ygg has been invaded by bots since VIP.

Edited by Kirameki, 19 May 2011 - 12:39 AM.

#14 Sock

Sock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:12 AM

Seriously though, the anti-botting program that some private servers have would be the best fix you could offer, but you seem to sit in ignorance and let the economy, long-time players, and newbies suffer. Oh and that Union guild flag you see floating around the center of prontera? Alot of them bot too. It's disgusting.

Hell, just yesterday I was on magmarings map and I asked a priest for a heal, to which the other person in that priests party said, "lol, that's my priest bot". Which I of course screenshotted and reported. Hope that douche gets banned.

Edited by Sock, 19 May 2011 - 05:13 AM.

#15 Ianflow

Ianflow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:32 AM

If you report class and map and anything like what headgears etc. sometimes you do not need to report a name.

The problem I think, is not that the GMs aren't looking at bot reports, the reason most bots get away is that, by the time a GM gets round to doing the bot check the bot is already gone, has realised it's been reported and/or has the bot turned off. Of course if it's a mindless farming bot, it may disappear, but it is quickly replaced.

I have no idea how the GMs handle the tickets, but I think they should filter through and prioritize tickets about bots, else the bots may get away with it.

Yeah, but sometimes bot players get tricky.
Mandragora map, I saw five thieves in the same small area, all female, all blue long haired style, all wearing generic hats. There were three when I logged on. THEY WERE MULTIPLYING!
But, these bots were picking up items (I asked in public "anyone here not a bot?", as I normally do, no reply, normally signals, bot).
It'd be funny if there was a specific and larger squad or something, just for bot hunting. Give that squad the ability to pk bots XD

EDIT:

I littery saw someone setup a chat that says Homuculous bot in magmaring map, didn't even bother to check the name but this gives you how huge the problems with bots are.

The most bots I have seen are the earth petite one in west of geffen and the second level of clock tower, there are nothing but rogue bots there and they're all lv 99 it would be rare to see a human there.

In my view, technically all but the nonAI homunculi are bots. I don't think there are any who don't use AI. I mean, depending on the AI, you'll either have a homunculus who fights anything it sees, or an intelligent one who realizes it needs to sit down, relax, and rest, instead of charging head first (and can actually tell when an opponent is too strong).
EDIT: But sadly, I bet there are ways to bot a homunculus, and it probably allows instant feeding.

Edited by Ianflow, 19 May 2011 - 05:37 AM.

#16 ryu888

ryu888

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:48 AM

I thnk homuculous should be banned. IF a player can just sit there with out any effort and let the A.I do all the work then what is the point? its no different than botting, a perfect example of this is in ant hellhole all the egg spots are camp out with humuculous, the actual low level characters don't get any chance at all.

Thats just not all, any one with those stuff can just camp out monsters that are passive with out no effort, you might as well just load multi bots with serveral pcs while your at it since you aren't even playing.

#17 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:20 AM

I thnk homuculous should be banned. IF a player can just sit there with out any effort and let the A.I do all the work then what is the point? its no different than botting, a perfect example of this is in ant hellhole all the egg spots are camp out with humuculous, the actual low level characters don't get any chance at all.

Thats just not all, any one with those stuff can just camp out monsters that are passive with out no effort, you might as well just load multi bots with serveral pcs while your at it since you aren't even playing.

Result: 99/25 biochemist.

#18 Sock

Sock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

I have no problem with homunculus users, it's the botters, and the fact that a few of the guilds who control guild castles bot.

#19 Sock

Sock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:20 AM

Also, I went to create a new knight today, and the training grounds are PLAGUED with bots.

#20 Trii

Trii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

They won't change the system its been over 5 years since someone last requested what you did lol =\

#21 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

sill waiting on that Bot S.W.A.T. that gravity had initially planned to start.......also applications for it plxxx

#22 Ianflow

Ianflow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

Hey, at that entrance you talk of (there are two), most of the time, it's bots. Homunculi are often spread out. That's what I saw last time. If you're a merchant, cart rev all the eggs at low power, that way, you only make one attack, and, the bots kill the eggs, and you still get the xp.
Have you played Alchemist and tried to lv up homunculus? The default AI normally tells them to charge into battle like mental patient with a whole frontal lobotomy. This causes kill stealing early on for the newbie alchemist. Often we download more decent AI's that tell it to stop at low hp (half or so). I mean, the default doesn't tell them to cast, but a custom allows them to. Technically, the homunculus's AI also is it's own form of brain.
Do you expect the player to simultaneously move the homunculus and attack with it whilst playing their character? It's not possible technically. With defult settings, you cannot tell your homunculus which square to occupy.
And, with the way you speak, I have a suggestion you'll love:
Ban any and all forms of grinding.
Yeah, let's make it to where even low level pc's who don't bot, cannot attack monsters lower or on par with them for long periods of time (camping) to gain xp!

I'm sorry, it's just, what you said doesn't make a lot of sense.
Along with that, each minute the homunculus is active, costs one hunger, so, after an hour, it may have run away (in other words, you have to feed it often, making afking difficult).

sill waiting on that Bot S.W.A.T. that gravity had initially planned to start.......also applications for it plxxx

I wonder if they'd pay members of it....
I mean, if they'd be willing to hire a 15 year old, I'd be doing it constantly this summer! (I need a summer job XD And one I'd be good at, or decent).

#23 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

Ticket system is fast and efficient, you're all trolling.

#24 ryu888

ryu888

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

Yeah, let's make it to where even low level pc's who don't bot, cannot attack monsters lower or on par with them for long periods of time (camping) to gain xp!

I got no problems with people who are actually there camping, I got problems with those who park their character and let the A.I kill for hours and hours while affecting other players.

#25 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

Seriously though, the anti-botting program that some private servers have would be the best fix you could offer, but you seem to sit in ignorance and let the economy, long-time players, and newbies suffer. Oh and that Union guild flag you see floating around the center of prontera? Alot of them bot too. It's disgusting.

Hell, just yesterday I was on magmarings map and I asked a priest for a heal, to which the other person in that priests party said, "lol, that's my priest bot". Which I of course screenshotted and reported. Hope that douche gets banned.

And probably you were trolled.

Posted Image

That was during Turtle Island event or something like that xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users