Big guilds vs little guilds - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Big guilds vs little guilds

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#1 darkjester89

darkjester89

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Locationsacramento
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ymir

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

When did they get unbanned I'm pretty sure they were banned for good which is why they were selling their god items on eBay I know they were cause I saw the items for sale when they did it. But do the gms care.......... About as much as they care what I'm saying right now. These big guilds like animosity or inevitable all did it we know it and they know it everyday they probably find a few glitches to abuse which makes their strong guild that much more stronger why dont the gms make a private server for these @$$holes I mean they could rule a whole server which we all know will make those big heads even bigger

#2 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

Calm down, take a deep breath, and then tell us what happened.

#3 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:11 PM

...and then this happened... asfkleihlafhaekugfakfgaukgefcbBOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

#4 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

are you mad because you're bad <_< ?

#5 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:24 PM

OP speaks the truth, server is filled with friends. Lalala

#6 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:35 PM

Money. It's a huge influential factor.

#7 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

Dark, I am the leader of a good med size guild. We get rolled by some of these bigger guilds becasue they have tons of god items and mvp cards, but they worked hard for most of them. Thats just how it is, and you better get use to getting your ass handed to you or join them. We just dont fight them most of the time. Some days we feel like trying but it usally ends badly for us. So just calm down and either find a better way of dealing with them or leave them alone.

#8 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

When did they get unbanned I'm pretty sure they were banned for good which is why they were selling their god items on eBay I know they were cause I saw the items for sale when they did it. But do the gms care.......... About as much as they care what I'm saying right now. These big guilds like animosity or inevitable all did it we know it and they know it everyday they probably find a few glitches to abuse which makes their strong guild that much more stronger why dont the gms make a private server for these @$$holes I mean they could rule a whole server which we all know will make those big heads even bigger

You're welcome to join Animosity, if you'd like. We're nice people <3
Posted Image

#9 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:08 AM

That rabbit just made my day...

#10 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:19 AM

Thats just how it is, and you better get use to getting your ass handed to you or join them.

Wise words that are also very valid when talking about "Real Life".
Why would you expect things to be different in a game OP?

#11 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:24 AM

This sort of feels like one of those Anti-Walmart arguments, "Walmart destroys small businesses!"
"Walmart destroys America!" "Walmart is taking all our jobs!"
*_*

#12 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:54 AM

You're welcome to join Animosity, if you'd like. We're nice people <3
Posted Image

lol i want to join a big guild someday

but i dont want to leave my friends in my old guild :x
they are cool people

#13 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:15 AM

you can get rolled over in a castle by one player who knows what they are doing. Not necessarily a whole big guild.

</3 deep sleep.

Edited by Channa, 20 May 2011 - 03:15 AM.

#14 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:27 AM

done the big guild thing and the little guild thing. What I dont think most (153% of) the small guild players realise is that 99% of the serious big guild players WORK THEIR ASSES OFF to get where they do. Theres a reason guilds like Animosity are better than the smaller guilds and it has nothing to do with $$$.

$$$ for these guilds is like giving someone with a AK47 a pair of shiny boots to go out and kill someone with a stick. The shiny boots aint going to help the stick-guy.

#15 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:38 AM

What prompted this thread? The OP needs to give more details or is this just a random rant?

Like others from some of the small guilds said, we are used to it, we try to stay out of the big guilds way and just have fun battleing each other. Sometimes we get ballsy and rush them but its not the best idea when they are stacked as they are with players, gear and supplies. We have even had Lamb, recall on us last Saturday in a Fort, and that made me laugh more than get mad. It is usually just funny to me when the big guilds target us smaller guilds, I think it makes them feel good to pick on the small guy...

Dont let it eat you up, because if you do then Lambs favorite party name is true... "Rattled?"

Peace D[][][]

#16 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:44 AM

OP, you need to relax... Its Friday >.< ~*

#17 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:21 AM

This sort of feels like one of those Anti-Walmart arguments, "Walmart destroys small businesses!"
"Walmart destroys America!" "Walmart is taking all our jobs!"
*_*

Most people don't realize that Walmart started as a small business as well back in 1950 when Sam Walton opened his first shop. Large guilds on RO aren't any different. Everyone starts out small to some degree if you trace their roots.

#18 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:31 AM

... "Rattled?"

Everybody give this man some rep.

Posted Image

GR> Animosity. We're a big guild. XD! Ja na~

#19 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:50 AM

Heim did unban a fair bit of Insur who were supposed to be "perm banned". Corvus even said that they would never be unbanned, but apparently Heim$ saw it as a way to get more $ or something.
He told me on msn that he spent like 7 hours rolling back their levels, which doesn't even matter.
No one in this game should have faith in the iRO GMs to keep their word, or uphold rules they set themselves.

Tons of people have been quitting recently from how poorly things are handled. I know 3 people that quit just from the elemental resist cards being put in game.

#20 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:31 AM

RO has a short-lived future. Well, iRO at least. The business strategy seems to be maximize profits while ruining the economy, leveling (EXP EVENT AGAIN WTF?!?!), and the game.

This is not a troll post. We all know HE BMs are in the Kafra Shop and you can get 3x manuals from boxes. At the same time, they add in a exp event, which makes players think "omfg! exp event! OMFG I can 150 my last character! let me buy a TON of he bms! lolololol"

I'm the leader of Animosity, and it's IMPOSSIBLE to run this guild. We have 700m in our guild bank. I don't see how other guilds out there are doing it. We used to camp SM and Valk for loot and sell it. But the GMs added in that stupid HD Elu and :) and now everybody has +9 Diabolus and Valk Gear, +9s in storage, and NO reason to buy that crap anymore. We have 2 storages full (600/600) of SM and Valk gear and we can barely give it away. There's NO market anymore. AT ALL! ET loot? ET is a joke. Everybody can do ET and get to the end.

And MVPs themselves? You can AFK tank SM. And I remember back in the day...MVP boxes. "We'll never bring them back again", the GM team once said. But that's shot in an attempt to make some $. Same thing goes with Dress Hats. Good thing I made a bunch of +7s and put them in my cart back on Loki...

The GMs word means nothing. It means less than that sentence itself, and all that is is a substring in a database entry (worth nothing).

Slotted sunnies? Slotted glasses? Jesus. And the best thing from KVM, imo, was the Glorious Ring. And the GMs expect to bring KVM back to life? Why even KVM anymore if you can just put 2 ele resist cards on and call it a day?

I know of 4 people who quit as well. It wasn't the cards though. It was the fact that this game is a waste of time because it has no future. THAT'S why people aren't returning to play or continuing to play over 6 months. Renewal was supposed to give players something to work for, and it was supposed to be a slow progression to 150. What really happened though? Renewal released, leveling events...exp events...turnin events...3x bms, everybody 150s in < 2 months and the game goes back to what it was pre-renewal. Boring and dead.

At least pre-renewal had MVPing. Those MVP battles that we used to get involved in were CRAZY and it required skill. But now? Do they REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY think that buffing the MVPs is gonna make the comp any better and make people go do them? Come on. People don't do them because there's NO use for the gear anymore. Everybody has +9 or higher. And also, guilds/people like us have storages full of the :). Making them harder isn't going to make people need to kill the MVP for the gear. It's all over the place. There's enough SM and Valk gear around that...if those MVPs were completely removed from the game, the price wouldn't increase 1 zeny.

This game is working as intended. Making money. Let's just see how long that strategy works though.

Edited by Lambor, 20 May 2011 - 07:36 AM.

#21 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:57 AM

RO has a short-lived future. Well, iRO at least. The business strategy seems to be maximize profits while ruining the economy, leveling (EXP EVENT AGAIN WTF?!?!), and the game.

This is not a troll post. We all know HE BMs are in the Kafra Shop and you can get 3x manuals from boxes. At the same time, they add in a exp event, which makes players think "omfg! exp event! OMFG I can 150 my last character! let me buy a TON of he bms! lolololol"

I'm the leader of Animosity, and it's IMPOSSIBLE to run this guild. We have 700m in our guild bank. I don't see how other guilds out there are doing it. We used to camp SM and Valk for loot and sell it. But the GMs added in that stupid HD Elu and :p_err: and now everybody has +9 Diabolus and Valk Gear, +9s in storage, and NO reason to buy that crap anymore. We have 2 storages full (600/600) of SM and Valk gear and we can barely give it away. There's NO market anymore. AT ALL! ET loot? ET is a joke. Everybody can do ET and get to the end.

And MVPs themselves? You can AFK tank SM. And I remember back in the day...MVP boxes. "We'll never bring them back again", the GM team once said. But that's shot in an attempt to make some $. Same thing goes with Dress Hats. Good thing I made a bunch of +7s and put them in my cart back on Loki...

The GMs word means nothing. It means less than that sentence itself, and all that is is a substring in a database entry (worth nothing).

Slotted sunnies? Slotted glasses? Jesus. And the best thing from KVM, imo, was the Glorious Ring. And the GMs expect to bring KVM back to life? Why even KVM anymore if you can just put 2 ele resist cards on and call it a day?

I know of 4 people who quit as well. It wasn't the cards though. It was the fact that this game is a waste of time because it has no future. THAT'S why people aren't returning to play or continuing to play over 6 months. Renewal was supposed to give players something to work for, and it was supposed to be a slow progression to 150. What really happened though? Renewal released, leveling events...exp events...turnin events...3x bms, everybody 150s in < 2 months and the game goes back to what it was pre-renewal. Boring and dead.

At least pre-renewal had MVPing. Those MVP battles that we used to get involved in were CRAZY and it required skill. But now? Do they REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY think that buffing the MVPs is gonna make the comp any better and make people go do them? Come on. People don't do them because there's NO use for the gear anymore. Everybody has +9 or higher. And also, guilds/people like us have storages full of the :p_err:. Making them harder isn't going to make people need to kill the MVP for the gear. It's all over the place. There's enough SM and Valk gear around that...if those MVPs were completely removed from the game, the price wouldn't increase 1 zeny.

This game is working as intended. Making money. Let's just see how long that strategy works though.

Couldn't have said it better. The game had a good run while it lasted.
I'm sure 5+ years down the road, most of the people who currently live through the game will still be here pumping disability/welfare checks into the GMs pockets.
I actually had a lot of respect for Heim and with him at the reins, it seemed like things were actually going somewhere.
Guess not though, it feels like he just wants money and he changes things so that he can personally have fun on the weekends when he gets to play and not have to work to put the effort everyone else has put in.

I'll give him credit for listening to the community, but he only listens to the retards.
Reminds me of these kids who put tons of time and effort into a coloring contest, only to have it judged by a class full of retarded kids that of course chose some :) picture that was outside the lines and terrible.

I wish Corvus was in charge, he seems to stick to his guns about things, but it appears Heim can 1up him.

I told Heim that I was thinking about playing on another official RO with some friends since iRO is complete :) atm and he said "Don't make threats, I can send you there even quicker if you would like."

I just don't think there is hope.

#22 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:10 AM

wow. had to delete my post cause... mysery and lambor kinda said it. 100%.

#23 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

everybody 150s in < 2 months

I haven't, yet.

Everybody has +9 or higher

This either.

And I've been playing for years. Guess I just don't take it as seriously as you guys.

#24 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:30 AM

I haven't, yet.

This either.

And I've been playing for years. Guess I just don't take it as seriously as you guys.

Same here.

#25 Pylfer

Pylfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:33 AM

done the big guild thing and the little guild thing. What I dont think most (153% of) the small guild players realise is that 99% of the serious big guild players WORK THEIR ASSES OFF to get where they do. Theres a reason guilds like Animosity are better than the smaller guilds and it has nothing to do with $$$.

$$$ for these guilds is like giving someone with a AK47 a pair of shiny boots to go out and kill someone with a stick. The shiny boots aint going to help the stick-guy.

They will if those shiny boots are a pair of Sleipnir. Perhaps a couple of shiny new belts too? Oh! And and instead of stick you can give them a hammer cause it's just nickles and dimes to them.

It sucks that they are using a ton of god items, but when you think about it, they're only on the characters that know what they're doing. The bigger guilds tend to win a lot because they're willing to put the time and effort into the game to learn how to play and use the skill that they have to beat other players. I'm in a guild that has Extension 10, allllll of our member slots are full. Average level is about 110 or so and during WoE we have around 75% of our force online. Even then we still only hold one or two castles max.

Best bet. Play the game, get to 150, make your money, experiment with builds, stats, and equipment, prove to your current guild that you a worthy of using some of the god items that it creates (mostly through being active, helpful, and talkative), experiment in PvP and WoE, have fun, practice, learn, get better all the time. Before you know it, you'll be a god item'd "big guild" member who can trounce a good chunk of the people that come at you ((bro)).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users