Big guilds vs little guilds - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Big guilds vs little guilds

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#26 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

I know 3 people that quit just from the elemental resist cards being put in game.

Lol? Are you serious?

#27 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:08 AM

The sad part is that the OP is right.

Not everyone does it, but you'd be a fool to think otherwise. There's a few legit people but eeeeeh.

Anyway, its best to not pay attention to what others have, put your head down and play the game. You can't enjoy it knowing what runs rampant around you.

#28 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

you might have god items ingame, but if in irl you got nothing then thats just sad. those hard work ingame will get you nowhere...

#29 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

you might have god items ingame, but if in irl you got nothing then thats just sad. those hard work ingame will get you nowhere...

Wooah, lets not bring real life into this. This is a game, this is past-time, no need to get all close and personal.

#30 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:23 AM

When did they get unbanned I'm pretty sure they were banned for good which is why they were selling their god items on eBay I know they were cause I saw the items for sale when they did it. But do the gms care.......... About as much as they care what I'm saying right now. These big guilds like animosity or inevitable all did it we know it and they know it everyday they probably find a few glitches to abuse which makes their strong guild that much more stronger why dont the gms make a private server for these @$$holes I mean they could rule a whole server which we all know will make those big heads even bigger

What is this about?

#31 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:23 AM

Wooah, lets not bring real life into this. This is a game, this is past-time, no need to get all close and personal.

jebus that image is going to haunt my dreams for the next week. eek!

#32 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

There are a lot of high guilds that do it, but I don't think Animosity is one of them

#33 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:41 AM

There are a lot of high guilds that do it, but I don't think Animosity is one of them

Wrong? Every big guild almost has a soliddd ebayer or 2 in it. By solid I mean has spent 3k+ on rmt.

#34 Flower

Flower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:41 AM

GM's have always turned a blind eye to RMT, which is funny since they do the name transfers or ownership transfers on god items. There's tons of it on Ymir and Valk. It won't ever change.
Those RMT buyers probably spend :) tons on WP, so theres no need to ban them since they are making money off them too.
Instead of fixing the RMT problems they just decided to get their hands dirty with it, bye letting people sell KP/WP points so they can get in on the action.

The only thing you can realy do is ignore it or pretend it doesn't exsist like the GM's do.

#35 darkjester89

darkjester89

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Locationsacramento
  • Server:ymir

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:14 PM

I posted once don't care about replies or anything else so rant away at a meaningless forum page cause I don't even care I scrolled all the down and didn't read any of it so meh

#36 darkjester89

darkjester89

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Locationsacramento
  • Server:ymir

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:18 PM

And also I read Lambor cause he makes me laugh but um ur exp rant is indeed correct it's a perfect time to lvl but I personally saw u destroy like 4 150 chars without much trouble and they were fully geared so as far as I'm concerned why bother leveling

#37 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:41 PM

RO has a short-lived future. Well, iRO at least. The business strategy seems to be maximize profits while ruining the economy, leveling (EXP EVENT AGAIN WTF?!?!), and the game.

This is not a troll post. We all know HE BMs are in the Kafra Shop and you can get 3x manuals from boxes. At the same time, they add in a exp event, which makes players think "omfg! exp event! OMFG I can 150 my last character! let me buy a TON of he bms! lolololol"

I'm the leader of Animosity, and it's IMPOSSIBLE to run this guild. We have 700m in our guild bank. I don't see how other guilds out there are doing it. We used to camp SM and Valk for loot and sell it. But the GMs added in that stupid HD Elu and :) and now everybody has +9 Diabolus and Valk Gear, +9s in storage, and NO reason to buy that crap anymore. We have 2 storages full (600/600) of SM and Valk gear and we can barely give it away. There's NO market anymore. AT ALL! ET loot? ET is a joke. Everybody can do ET and get to the end.

And MVPs themselves? You can AFK tank SM. And I remember back in the day...MVP boxes. "We'll never bring them back again", the GM team once said. But that's shot in an attempt to make some $. Same thing goes with Dress Hats. Good thing I made a bunch of +7s and put them in my cart back on Loki...

The GMs word means nothing. It means less than that sentence itself, and all that is is a substring in a database entry (worth nothing).

Slotted sunnies? Slotted glasses? Jesus. And the best thing from KVM, imo, was the Glorious Ring. And the GMs expect to bring KVM back to life? Why even KVM anymore if you can just put 2 ele resist cards on and call it a day?

I know of 4 people who quit as well. It wasn't the cards though. It was the fact that this game is a waste of time because it has no future. THAT'S why people aren't returning to play or continuing to play over 6 months. Renewal was supposed to give players something to work for, and it was supposed to be a slow progression to 150. What really happened though? Renewal released, leveling events...exp events...turnin events...3x bms, everybody 150s in < 2 months and the game goes back to what it was pre-renewal. Boring and dead.

At least pre-renewal had MVPing. Those MVP battles that we used to get involved in were CRAZY and it required skill. But now? Do they REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY think that buffing the MVPs is gonna make the comp any better and make people go do them? Come on. People don't do them because there's NO use for the gear anymore. Everybody has +9 or higher. And also, guilds/people like us have storages full of the :). Making them harder isn't going to make people need to kill the MVP for the gear. It's all over the place. There's enough SM and Valk gear around that...if those MVPs were completely removed from the game, the price wouldn't increase 1 zeny.

This game is working as intended. Making money. Let's just see how long that strategy works though.

I should make that statement my signature. Edit : Couldn't becauswe it can't accept more than 20 lines rofl.

GM's have destroyed the nature of the game where people grinds and become better than the rest with hard work and dedication this includes leveling, KVM gears, MCA, upgrade gears (HD from +4 /facepalm). Kafra shop should give advantages but not overpowered advantages that replaces a hard to get Glorious ring with an easy kafra card or a magical 400 KVM in a box or a lucky Maya P. from MCA instead of hunting it.

Edited by HRdevil, 20 May 2011 - 12:51 PM.

#38 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

Lol? Are you serious?

Yes, I'm totally serious. I guess it has to do with them being old school players, but it is pretty lame.

#39 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

And also I read Lambor cause he makes me laugh but um ur exp rant is indeed correct it's a perfect time to lvl but I personally saw u destroy like 4 150 chars without much trouble and they were fully geared so as far as I'm concerned why bother leveling

~*~Were they in Punishment?~*~

Ja na, 4 people who were 150!

Posted Image

#40 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

If 4 150's die to a single genetic they're probably in punishment.

#41 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

Posted Image

HARSH! But I agree. I mostly wanted to say HARSH so I can use this monkey. So ~*~Kawaii~*~

#42 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

Personally I'd like to see the God Items cycled out. Ymir has become ridiculous and is only going to get worse with the seals moving regularly. The ability to make a God item and remove another (i.e. numbering the god items, with a maximum of 50 of a type on the server) from the server allows for power shifts.

Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about the MvP card situation. 9 Years of accumulation is unreal.

Edited by Nombus, 20 May 2011 - 03:31 PM.

#43 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:19 AM

lol idiot, stop QQing cuz you're so bad, nobody is going to care about what you said. you put 0 effort into this game, u level of TI events, u spend $$$$$$ on lucky box to get bloody branch/MCA w/e u can resell, and ur justplainbad. i remember when you spend 5hours messing with me and tommy on a BB'ed beezlebub and try to give us "i have a life" bomb. if you have a life, quit this game, stop QQing on forum

#44 Inception

Inception

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

RO is in a phase in which i call "leftover phase". This means that after dinner is served, what's left is just leftovers, crap u throw in the frig lol. So many people quit this game that it just leaves a few overpowered/geared characters owning up the leftover noobs. Nothing can really be done bout it. Just try to outlast everyone in this game and be the last one standing!

#45 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:48 PM

I posted once don't care about replies or anything else so rant away at a meaningless forum page cause I don't even care I scrolled all the down and didn't read any of it so meh

You posted 3 times, and if you didnt care you wouldnt have made this post or the one below it, so obviously you do care very much.

I can't really symphasize with the large guilds who farm MVPs even when they're just going to essentially toss away (lol 600/600) the rewards, simply to prevent others from MVP'ing them. This was a problem even before the upgrader, when guilds would have 50+ dark basc's in storage rather than drop the price to match demand, it just escalated the problem.

Perhaps MVP'ing and treasure shouldnt be enough to support a guild/alliance that large, thats able to use unlimited ales,yggs, edp, runes, w/e to smash the opposition. Maybe these large guilds should be farming the supplies they use rather than ransoming MVP's to make the rest of the server work for them.

#46 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:31 PM

lol idiot, stop QQing cuz you're so bad, nobody is going to care about what you said. you put 0 effort into this game, u level of TI events, u spend $$$$$$ on lucky box to get bloody branch/MCA w/e u can resell, and ur justplainbad. i remember when you spend 5hours messing with me and tommy on a BB'ed beezlebub and try to give us "i have a life" bomb. if you have a life, quit this game, stop QQing on forum

Whats so wrong about lvling off TI events. Also ur comment about selling stuff from lucky boxes is wrong according to this guy. Let just all spend our free time lvling so off magmering because its just so much more effective and fun. We are all going to be flithy rich selling mandagora pots and stems.

#47 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:07 PM

The sad part is that the OP is right.

Not everyone does it, but you'd be a fool to think otherwise. There's a few legit people but eeeeeh.

Anyway, its best to not pay attention to what others have, put your head down and play the game. You can't enjoy it knowing what runs rampant around you.

I am disappointed.

What she means to say is, you should be a paragon of legit to all players.

#48 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:12 PM

I'm quite happy to play oblivious to the rest of the players on the server and what they're wearing, and not spend $1k+ on each box event for epeen enlargements. I'd say at least 90% of the server couldnt care less about topics like this, people just like to pretend they represent much larger portions of the population to give their arguments weight.

It really doesnt matter if player A kills me with a meg, or if player B ebays meg from player A then kills me with it. same difference.

Edited by Hrothmund, 21 May 2011 - 11:13 PM.

#49 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:12 AM

Whats so wrong about lvling off TI events. Also ur comment about selling stuff from lucky boxes is wrong according to this guy. Let just all spend our free time lvling so off magmering because its just so much more effective and fun. We are all going to be flithy rich selling mandagora pots and stems.

lol, i didn't say it was wrong lvling of TI event, but i remember this guy QQ to much that he can't lvl and all he needs is TI event > TI event > free leech to get his own character to his lvl, but then dnt know how to play, that explains why he gets destroyed in woe/pvp/pvm and QQ on forums, to say that whoever is better than me are illegit-_-, and should be banmed. and well, i guess is not wrong buying billions of lucky box now, since now every1 has their +9 KVM gear and +9 everything, but back then, having all this high + gears/mini boss cards on some1 who has no idea how to play, what does that sound to you? rjmazz?

Edited by Unifan, 22 May 2011 - 05:13 AM.

#50 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:17 AM

lol, i didn't say it was wrong lvling of TI event, but i remember this guy QQ to much that he can't lvl and all he needs is TI event > TI event > free leech to get his own character to his lvl, but then dnt know how to play, that explains why he gets destroyed in woe/pvp/pvm and QQ on forums, to say that whoever is better than me are illegit-_-, and should be banmed. and well, i guess is not wrong buying billions of lucky box now, since now every1 has their +9 KVM gear and +9 everything, but back then, having all this high + gears/mini boss cards on some1 who has no idea how to play, what does that sound to you? rjmazz?

Completely off topic but.... 'How do I respawn?!'
I can't resist saying that every damn time...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users