Policies on owning 2 accounts? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Policies on owning 2 accounts?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mikuberries

mikuberries

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationPST
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

Howdy.

I just had a quick question. Where can I find the policies on owning two Ragnarok Online accounts? I can't seem to find any information regarding that. I just want to make sure it's not against the Terms of Service or anything like that.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

It's allowed, but their disclaimer is that if you do something to get one of your accounts in trouble (botting, for example), you risk losing both accounts.

It's exactly the reason why Warp Portal accounts were made master to game accounts, so you could add multiple accounts under one umbrella and manage them.

Edited by Akin, 20 May 2011 - 01:52 PM.

#3 Zeratul

Zeratul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

There's nothing against owning more than one account (some people even have 10+ accounts) and you can have them all logged in at the same time so long as your computer can handle it.

#4 mikuberries

mikuberries

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationPST
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

Awesome, thank you!

@Akin - I was paranoid downloading Ragnarok onto my computer - so 3rd party programs? TERRIFYING. D:
@Zeratul - Wow, 10 accounts? Crazy! My computer would explode. LOL.

Thank you both. :)

#5 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

forever ago you were forbidden from having more than one account, sharing accounts, openly criticising gravity on the forums for any reason, gathering XBOX sized mobs, selling kafra shop items, and a whole ton of other "bannable offences". over time, the policies became more and more relaxed. now, many of these policies are either no longer enforced but discouraged, no longer considered offenses, or outright encouraged. make as many accounts as you want, make them all VIP, buy kafra shop items and vend them on your merchant, it's all good in the hood now that somebody at gravity saw they can make more money this way.

#6 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:15 PM

forever ago you were forbidden from having more than one account, sharing accounts, openly criticising gravity on the forums for any reason, gathering XBOX sized mobs, selling kafra shop items, and a whole ton of other "bannable offences". over time, the policies became more and more relaxed. now, many of these policies are either no longer enforced but discouraged, no longer considered offenses, or outright encouraged. make as many accounts as you want, make them all VIP, buy kafra shop items and vend them on your merchant, it's all good in the hood now that somebody at gravity saw they can make more money this way.

And the best part was that some of these weren't posted anywhere or obvious in any way, so you didn't find out something was illegal until after getting banned.

#7 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

Yeah, they used to limit players to one account per player, and discourage multi-clienting, but they relaxed that, presumably for business reasons.

I own three accounts, and have access to many more.

Edited by Sera, 20 May 2011 - 06:20 PM.

#8 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:20 AM

Can you unlink an account from your master warp portal account?

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:52 AM

Can you unlink an account from your master warp portal account?

Not as far as I can tell, this would encourage illegal selling of accounts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users