Re: Future Direction of Ragnarok - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Re: Future Direction of Ragnarok

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

Level penalty being hacked out.. (late May Early June) : We will have to review all the monsters current level and exp and the exp that characters need to level. Both will get updated so we have a "kills per level" system that players can go faster than by taking on bigger challenges. I already expect oversights with this as it is a HUGE potential update, so your patience is appreciated when we screw up with it.

Regarding this, I believe this decision was very "much gooder".

However, I have a suggestion. Instead of strictly simply removing the level penalty, I believe that revisiting a bypassed game mechanic and combining it with the removal of the level penalty would be a wiser choice.

For PvMing, iRO should consider re-adding the level-based damage reduction against monsters of a higher level than the player.
Along with this, remove or reduce the exp bonus for killing monsters 1 to 15 levels higher than the player. Naturally, remove the exp reduction for monsters more than 15 levels higher than the player.
Substituting for the reduced bonuses for killing higher level mobs, increase the exp tap bonus and party member exp bonus as the level of the monster becomes higher than that of a party member.

Illustrating this with a theoretical example:
A party of 3 players are leveling together, for simplicity's sake they are the same level, and they all "tap" the mob.
The party kills a monster of their same level, each member gains
  • 1/3 of the monster's exp
  • 5% exp for each member that attacked the monster
  • 10% because of the party bonus
In this way, each party member effectively gets 33% + (3*5)% + 10% = 48% of the mob's original exp.

The party kills a monster 'X' levels higher than they are, and each member gains
  • 1/3 of the monster's exp
  • 5+X% exp bonus for each member that attacked the monster
  • 10+X% exp bonus because of the party bonus
For argument's sake, the mob is 5 levels above the party. In this case, each party member gets 33% + 3*(5+5)% + (10+5)% = 78% of the mob's original exp.

If the party were to kill a mob 10 levels higher than they are, each member would get almost 100% of the mob's exp, so long as they worked in a group to kill it. This means that there is no disincentive to party play at all while hunting difficult monsters, and an actual incentive as the level difference goes beyond 10.

I suggest implementing some form of damage reduction against higher leveled monsters in order to make them difficult enough to need an attack from more than one player to kill. Namely, to prevent Lex/1-shot killing on monsters in order to farm exp. I believe that combining the suggested modifications to exp gained from mob kills along with a reduction will benefit the playing community by enhancing the need for (and benefits of) party play and at the same time, reduce the extremely tedious level grind.

Edited by Mischelle, 20 May 2011 - 01:58 PM.

#2 yarumasi

yarumasi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

You could always post in the actual topic where it's seen a bit more... but anyway, they've kind of got it all figured out already

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users