Capped exceeded exp to lvl ? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Capped exceeded exp to lvl ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:48 AM

So I heard that and found out that many quests that give you lots of exp will never level you twice. Exception I found so far is the Mother Day's quest. (not 1st hand experience though.) But Turn In, Eden quests and others cap your lvl gain at 1 lv and 95% for the next.

My question is, what about Hugel Minigame Prize Medal NPC in Einbroch for EXP or JEXP ?
I just changed to Sura, and I wonder if I could trade all 2k Medal for some nice JEXP for a change.

Any1 know about this for sure ?

#2 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

It's not that with those quests you don't get capped exp, but because those quests are specifically designed to give the total reward in several small exp chunks, you don't waste that much exp.

The hugel medal turn in is a part of this specifically designed quests and gives exp in small parts too, so you can safely turn in your 2k medals and gain several levels. Have fun ^^

#3 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:56 AM

Thanks for the confirm, Kadnya.

#4 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:57 AM

Each medal gives a set amount of exp (say, 50k), multiplied individually by how many medals you have. You won't run into a problem.

edit: don't forget to use a 3x BM. They work for the medals.

Edited by Tigra, 22 May 2011 - 08:58 AM.

#5 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:01 AM

I plan to MBx3, :)
Thanks Tigra.

Umm, where's that NPC in Einbroch ? O o'

Edited by Pyrasia, 22 May 2011 - 09:13 AM.

#6 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:11 AM

Posted Image

#7 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:11 AM

I plan to MBx2, :)
Thanks Tigra.

Umm, where's that NPC in Einbroch ? O o'

Walk up and slightly to the right from the warp portal at the bottom of einbroch. There is a factory you can enter and the npc is right inside.

Or Tigra beat me to it

Edited by Akihiro, 22 May 2011 - 09:12 AM.

#8 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:14 AM

Forum is surprisingly active today xD Thought I'd get answer when I come back from work :)
Thanks both you of.

Glad to hear there's no lvl gain capped for this, cuz when I changed to Sura from 99/70, I became 99/1 with 292% EXP... So like, I lost a level or almost two there already :)

#9 Fanny

Fanny

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:51 AM

go kill anything, and you should gain your extra level(s)

#10 DarkwingGT

DarkwingGT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

The Mother's Day quest follows the same cap. It's just that you get 2x EXP for each portion, and there are several portions. Otherwise that quest alone would take you from Novice to 2-1/2-2 :)

#11 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:50 AM

Here is some information I gave someone else who was asking this.

The Problem is that you job lvl was probably to low to take full advantage of the exp. You see each time you get a "bucket" or "pack" of exp you can only go up 1 Lvl/JLbl max.

Link to the irowiki's job exp chart.
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Job_EXP_Chart

This is why when you read quest info it's good to know how the exp is given, as one great lump of exp (not great till really high) or several times spread out (ideal at lower lvls).

An example why lump would be bad. The Mothers Day quest gives in total 1,250,000 Base/Job exp. If you were to get this as a lvl 1/1 Swordie (just go with it) you might think you would be lvl 57/50 practically. This is because to get to lvl 57 takes 1,244,800 Base and Job 50 as First class takes 1,251,530 (not including Novice job lvls). However this is NOT the case. If you were that lvl 1/1 Swordie and got the exp in one lump you would actually only be lvl 2/2 and 99.9% to lvl 3/3. Really sucks doesn't it?

Even the way the exp quest is done now divides the exp up into 10 parts, using the 1/1 Swordie example, you would still only be a lvl 11/11 Swordie if you did it right away.

Ideally I would not start doing this quest until around Level 75/35 (2nd Class), so that your not wasting big chunks of the exp. This is because at lvl 75 it takes 180,000 exp to reach 76 and 157,500 to reach Job 36. This means that those huge pots full of exp will take you most of the way but not be wasted.

Hope that helps

This is exactly what I did when I made my 2 newest characters. ~CragHack~ my new Knight and ~EvilLoynis~ my new Rogue. I followed really the same exact lvling for both of them. Ounce I hit lvl 12 I did stainers till around level 16 when I started on the Ant Monsters (Deniro, Pierre and Andre). I did them till lvl 30 then did the VIP Water Dungeon quests. I waited until I had actually completed all 5 of the quests before turning them in for the exp. This is because I was already lvl 75 by the time I completed them really and when I turned them in then I got to lvl about lvl 80 or 81 ( just had to make sure not to leave after I hit lvl 76 before turning them ALL in.). Then I did the MDay quests with one of the Lucky Box 3XBM's (Triple exp) and now they are both lvl 91/50 :) only took 2 days each. Now their Grind really begins.

#12 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:32 PM

So I heard that and found out that many quests that give you lots of exp will never level you twice. Exception I found so far is the Mother Day's quest. (not 1st hand experience though.) But Turn In, Eden quests and others cap your lvl gain at 1 lv and 95% for the next.

My question is, what about Hugel Minigame Prize Medal NPC in Einbroch for EXP or JEXP ?
I just changed to Sura, and I wonder if I could trade all 2k Medal for some nice JEXP for a change.

Any1 know about this for sure ?

your in luck because i just used alot of my medals on my 101/3 genetic. Basically grab a x3 manual, put it on and it'll give you exp in small little increments. Even if it does level you up it will keep on giving you small chunks of exp

Do it! I used all my medals on jexp/base exp and my genetic is like 111/23 well worth the investment as beginners job levels suck ass to get

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users