Upgrade algorithm - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Upgrade algorithm

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:39 AM

Back during the RWC upgrading event for valk gear. I was able to make a +9RWC with my second attempt. Afterwords i proceeded to break 16 RWCs. I beleive 13 of those broke going from +4 to +5.

Also i just got my first KVM weapon and upgraded it to +5 with Boxster lady. I am not going to risk upgrading it until im able to get another 2000 kvm badges.

Hey, I just got my first KVM weapon aswell and it's +5 atm but I'm scared it might break and 2000 KVM badges ain't cheap to get. HD ores from +4 came in the wrong time.

Posted Image

#27 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

Case and point. Everything evens out over time. So...if a lot of successes happen from +4 -> +5, then a lot of failures will happen too. It's just a matter of time.

When you consider how many people upgrade in one day at that NPC, I highly doubt that you've found a bug with upgrading. I remember going 4 -> 5 -> 4 -> 5 -> 4 -> 5 -> 4 -> 5. But then there are also people that go 4 -> 5, 4-> 5, 4 -> 5, 4 -> 5, 4 -> 5

This is true, and I've seen it happen a lot. One of my guildmates tends to be the victim a lot of the time, similar to the OP, because he will spend millions of zeny trying to get upgrades, or slotted elvens, or something related to a statistic, and fail numerous times. Then one of our other guildmates will go right after him and get it on their first try.

I've never thought of doing it the way Ultimate suggested (supplying useless gears to upgrade to even out the chances). Then again, I hardly EVER upgrade past +4, it's just not worth the zeny to me when I'm still trying to get other gears. I'd rather get all the gears I need to +4 and then work on the "penultimate" piece of equipment, while I still have decent equipment to level and collect items.

Edited by Nilami, 26 May 2011 - 01:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users