Some great memories of RO - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Some great memories of RO

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 naseefc

naseefc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

Was just sitting in front of the computer earlier today thinking this exp event is boring and about the good old days of RO instead. Decided to make a little list of things I could remember. Hope others can join in! I broke it up into the different eras of the game (in my mind).

- Exploring Bylan for the first time with my friends back in beta and thinking this is so amazing
- Finally getting to Assassin (2nd class) for the first time after spending countless hours leveling thief and making a ton of aco/priest friends to level with
- Finally getting my first of the 3 soldier skeleton cards for my triple crit jur
- Teaming up with a ton of other acolytes and healbombing prisoners in mag parties
- Getting rich selling GH warps for 3k each in "warp alley"
- Making an illegal second account with a fake name and second email because dancer class just got announced and I would not be able to make one since my account was male

- Transcending a class for the first time after a lot of hours spent in ice dungeon with a priest friend
- Spending hours and hours DSing the new geographers and thinking gravity will soon be nerfing this amazing exp rate
- Doing AL3 parties! (Req> Sensing Bard, GK Dancer and SD SinX where are they now?!)
- Learning to hex edit and figuring out how to run TWO RO clients at the same time and feeling totally badass for becoming my own heal slave
- Being good enough to solo MVP for the first time (I played all the wrong classes before!)
- Realizing MVPing is much more fun to do with friends than solo just like leveling

- Discovering the new monsters known as Anubis and how amazing exp they were
- Doing anubis and the temporary return of mental sensing parties (I really like huge parties!)
- Realizing the fun in playing priest and helping random people
- Helping out a random newbie with 100k and making a lifelong friend
- Realizing that random newbie is awesome and spending hours and days lex bombing MVPs to death with her
- The introduction of mercenaries and the reason for me to not party anymore since I could outlevel and outMVP people as a high priest (although as a result getting bored and quitting the game eventually)

- Returning and discovering the new awesome 3rd classes
- Realizing that AB is nothing but an aoe version of HP and making other more fun classes instead
- Having a ball making friends during turn-in event parties

#2 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

my good memories of ro involves other people. all my solo activites were forgettable.

#3 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:25 PM

- Finding my first card, a Peco Egg Card, and thinking how rich I was with 2 million zeny.
- Leveling with another Swordie at Wolves, just having fun with it!
- Having Wise Fabre help me out when I was new. Definitely the reason I kept playing.
- Being invited to a Dryad turn-in party after only leveling at Gators. "I'm moving up in the world!"
- Killing my first MVP, Phreeoni in Ice Dungeon 3.
- Hunting for a Raydric Card with Baphi for days and weeks. xD
- Finding that Beelzebub Card with GB
- Doing The Sign Quest

#4 Shinjin6

Shinjin6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:42 PM

You know what, this is a truly awesome thread. I hope the GM's bring back some semblance of partying so some of the new players/old ones can get reacquainted with partying, whether it be an involved turn-in event or revamping the party guidelines.

Here's mine (I started in Comodo and quit by late Juno, back now):
- Stacking Fire Pillar and feeling so godly!
- Leveling a pure AGI/DEX hunter, and feeling awesome with my Rocker-carded Tights - the legendary 160 DEX!
- Thinking how baller I was as an AGI/Crit Knight getting 3m XP/hour in Minorous
- Making great z reselling whites and Awakes!
- HO's
- HO's
- The day I got my Double Bloody Crit Jur
- Tanking Poporings for 10 noobs at once
- Mag Parties
- The day I saw a thief get MVP on Stormy after we all died - he used Stone Fling!
- Being a Priest - easily my favorite class back then. INT/VIT was one of the most durable classes in the game!
- Oh my God I'm tearing up

Edited by Shinjin6, 23 May 2011 - 08:44 PM.

#5 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:50 PM

-Getting my First Trans(Sinx)
-Killing my First MVP,Phreeoni,after getting bored of Al3
-Getting my Priest to HP in 4 days in Al3
-Getting a squishy sage from 0-98 in 5 days in Al3
-Selling my Spare card for 700m and getting Valk armour and feeling pro
-Learning the fact tht using a Assassin Spirit link can help me kill stuff faster
-Tanking a mini-boss Emeres at lvl 62 High Priest
-Dying a million times at Alligators(DAMN DBS!)
-First WoE Emp breaking
-First 10 breaks in a day -_-
-The day My Fav guild broke, T___T (RIP SHUFFLE)

#6 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:01 PM

And dammit, Creamys were strong.

#7 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:50 PM

LOUYANG PARTIES RUNS AROUND CIRCLE>HITS

#8 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:49 AM

And dammit, Creamys were strong.

it's sad when they don't rape you like they use to be... ;_;>

#9 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:08 AM

it's sad when they don't rape you like they use to be... ;_;>

T_T

o look butterfly....splat! wth man!

#10 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:59 AM

Posted Image

That is all.

Edited by GuardianTK, 24 May 2011 - 04:08 AM.

#11 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:12 AM

Posted Image

That is all.

some1 cure her periodic problems ffs! itz been 3yrs!

#12 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

That image just reminds me of the time we were looking for the Hwiz spawn in bio3.... and an unfortunate click of an obb brought out a db which you know you just have to click....

Edited by Ardi, 24 May 2011 - 12:31 PM.

#13 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

Before:
Posted Image
After:
Posted Image

Somewhere in between...

Edited by Scuba, 24 May 2011 - 02:22 PM.

#14 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:34 PM

Before:
Posted Image
After:
Posted Image

Somewhere in between...

i didnt get tht...

#15 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:44 PM

- Making a guild with a bunch of people who always sat around talking by the entrance to culverts every night.
- Being randomly invited to valhalla the day I started playing by kiniro because I was cute and lonely before xellie kicked me out for being like level 20.
- Grinding on Rhoda Frogs for three days because I thought that was how you played the game right.
- Having two close friends in the game, though both quit years ago and I haven't talked to them since.
- I also have this weird memory of grinding my crusader in bathories and having a furious online shouting match with a SO at the same time.

Edited by Sera, 24 May 2011 - 11:45 PM.

#16 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:23 AM

Back when you could warp monsters or DB into town it was funny to sit at prontera spawn point waiting for someone to warp/summon an MVP or high level mobs. Had so much laugh even when i died.

Edited by wotmint, 25 May 2011 - 12:23 AM.

#17 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:31 AM

omg not more of this 'back in my day' rubbish...

#18 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:50 AM

- KSing Angeling but staying the hell away from Deviling
- Making a new account every 15 days when p2p was implemented and dropping my last two weeks efforts on the ground, logging out, logging in, and picking them all up. Once I couldn't get back online on my 56K internet and lost a bunch of spore dolls and under 1000z items and almost had a nervous break down.
- Holding a castle with some really, really old guild. I think we held once, ever -_-
- Checking Snipah at work for Soft Aprons
- Discovering that getting an enemy to 1HP almost guaranteed a tame, and selling zealotus and alice eggs once every two months for 50m each.
- Earning my first 100m, then making it 200m. Then buying a solar god helm. Selling my DR and buying x3 more solar helms, one for each friend and slotting mine before quitting for a year. Experiencing the crushing dissatisfaction when GMs gave away slotted SGH in a raffle event.

#19 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:34 AM

omg not more of this 'back in my day' rubbish...

If the GM's are smart they'll check this out and look at what we liked to do and what we remember the most etc.

#20 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

He does kind of have a point though, if you're always trying to move towards the past, you'll never get there. Better to work towards making a glorious future for all mankind.

#21 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

February 13, 2009

-created my main X-Zero. A novice with 9 int, 9 agi, 9 dex.
-spent like 2 weeks on Novice Training ground as i wanted to 1 hit poring.
-killed like thousand times by Familiar on Pyramid as i stepping forward to be a thief.
-looted Ora Ora (40k NPC price) on Culverts.
-saw B A D of Ragequit killing Phreeoni after Phree lick me to death on Hodes map. So I decided to be a sin than rogue.
-Spam my amazing "Steal" skill on goats for Antelope Horns that can be sold for like 4-6k ea. Gain lotsa zeny and my amazing non slotted icepick.
-Saw a guy with mercenary and calling him BOT BOT BOT.
-Amazed by flying Taekwon Master om Goat Map.
-Phreeoni kicked my ass several times before killing him with my High Wizard (Mr. Frog) sensei.
-Learned more about Assassin Cross as i met Asea, nausea, boom, Dubei, Singularity, Cinematic Sunrise, B A D, Mrs Badem, X-Out, Dang_143, Lendhell on my journey.
-Sold all of my SPARE CARD for 200k ea. xD
-Finished RO Anniv event 81 times for 81 Crown of Deceits, 81 Pirate Daggers, 81 PCH, 81 Paperbag hats and 81 BBcaps. (BEST Event ever)
-Trash talked after getting KSed by a High Wizard on NPC bridge (goat map). He trapped my goats mob using Ice wall on both side, SG and fwinged. WTF!!
-Killed GTB alone!!! My first MVP.

It was fun... Until EXP EVENT Kill Count Turn In came. Ended the "Adventure" of the game. From Novice to 3rd Job in just a week is pretty lame. Plus renewal killed my Assassin Cross career (I cant feel him on my gX, except the day i used STEAL on harpies for Izidor). Today, if you ask a player on what the hell is that, where is this and how this thing work you will end up with the LINK of forums, database etc. Plus they will QQ coz u didnt say "thank you". I wonder how a newbie find this game interesting atm. RO Life.. -_-

#22 Zoeli

Zoeli

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:51 PM

LoD

#23 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:57 PM

February 13, 2009

-created my main X-Zero. A novice with 9 int, 9 agi, 9 dex.
-spent like 2 weeks on Novice Training ground as i wanted to 1 hit poring.
-killed like thousand times by Familiar on Pyramid as i stepping forward to be a thief.
-looted Ora Ora (40k NPC price) on Culverts.
-saw B A D of Ragequit killing Phreeoni after Phree lick me to death on Hodes map. So I decided to be a sin than rogue.
-Spam my amazing "Steal" skill on goats for Antelope Horns that can be sold for like 4-6k ea. Gain lotsa zeny and my amazing non slotted icepick.
-Saw a guy with mercenary and calling him BOT BOT BOT.
-Amazed by flying Taekwon Master om Goat Map.
-Phreeoni kicked my ass several times before killing him with my High Wizard (Mr. Frog) sensei.
-Learned more about Assassin Cross as i met Asea, nausea, boom, Dubei, Singularity, Cinematic Sunrise, B A D, Mrs Badem, X-Out, Dang_143, Lendhell on my journey.
-Sold all of my SPARE CARD for 200k ea. xD
-Finished RO Anniv event 81 times for 81 Crown of Deceits, 81 Pirate Daggers, 81 PCH, 81 Paperbag hats and 81 BBcaps. (BEST Event ever)
-Trash talked after getting KSed by a High Wizard on NPC bridge (goat map). He trapped my goats mob using Ice wall on both side, SG and fwinged. WTF!!
-Killed GTB alone!!! My first MVP.

It was fun... Until EXP EVENT Kill Count Turn In came. Ended the "Adventure" of the game. From Novice to 3rd Job in just a week is pretty lame. Plus renewal killed my Assassin Cross career (I cant feel him on my gX, except the day i used STEAL on harpies for Izidor). Today, if you ask a player on what the hell is that, where is this and how this thing work you will end up with the LINK of forums, database etc. Plus they will QQ coz u didnt say "thank you". I wonder how a newbie find this game interesting atm. RO Life.. -_-

Wow you're a new player.

#24 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:53 AM

i love the good old days but if it went back to just like the good old days i would be gone in a heart beat

and as far as the exp event you must not have been doing anything but sitting in town bored because everyone was out lvling
i really hope they extend the event its been great but seemed so short

Edited by TheFury, 26 May 2011 - 12:56 AM.

#25 Katreyn

Katreyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

- Being in my first guild. Meeting first couple of friends. :wink:
- Moving onto second guild and staying there forever.
- Just group leveling with people from guild, didn't matter who/what they were or where at.
- Hanging out in Payon Dungeon (mostly Sohee floor) sitting by the entrance chatting with people. lol.
- Leveling mage in Byalan Dungeon with Lightening bolt. Not sure why that stood out to me so much. Maybe its because the first person that helped me with the game I met there.
- Having DB Parties with friends. We'd go to map in the middle of nowhere (usually a Morroc map) and see if we could get something cool.
- Getting first 99, transcending. Seeing/helping my friends 99.
- Doing WoE and thinking I was good at it (in reality sucked hardcore :wink:).
- MVPing Dracula like 4021810841 times, back before the MVPs got their skill changes.

Ah, too many to even think of. Always fond memories though. :wink:

Edited by Katreyn, 26 May 2011 - 11:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users