• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 sumofishy

sumofishy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:05 PM

OK, im downloading the game now and id like to know what class is the best for me

I dont like running and spamming, but ive always wanted a class where i can long range so theyre weak enough to finish in person... is there a class like that in this game? :lol:

if not i guess ill just be a warrior

thank you :D

sumofishy

#2 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

Rangers

#3 Rapsod

Rapsod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

huh ....... i give u a 2 weeks if u hold that long ............ xD yeah Rangers (hunter on first job) hard to lvl on low lvls...... but awesome on high lvls :lol:

#4 sumofishy

sumofishy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

rangers can mellee?

#5 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:59 PM

they have such insane dmg and crit that u kill before mobs get to you

#6 sumofishy

sumofishy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:34 PM

is there a class which can turn into animals?
whats with that pet thing? on wiki each race has a pet... i see on youtube people transforming and stuff... please elaborate

sumofishy

#7 Thorny

Thorny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:02 PM

Boo

Druid.

Magic attack from 30m then when close u transform and melee to finish.

T

- Edit-
maybe not... Druid is not an easy toon to play and for a first toon >< yeah mb Ranger its super easy range attack then when close drop traps.

Edited by Thorny, 17 August 2010 - 05:03 PM.

#8 Krimmy

Krimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRl'yeh
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

If you want long range you should be a ranger. If you want long range but want some close range fighting as well, try shadow runner. Ranger first job is hunter, shadow runner first job is rogue. However, shadow runner is typically less powerful, although has cooler skills. It really depends on what you like to do. Play one, and if you hate it, reroll something else. Simple as that.

#9 DanteLucian

DanteLucian

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:12 PM

I think he mean shapeshifters, in requiem's case, as thorny said, that would be druid, but is a very hard class to play.

Ranger don't use close range melee as an offensive option, more like a defensive option if a target manages to get too close (uppercut), however, it doesn't apply to classes that can get close to you and stun you at the same time (basically if they get the chance to strike first or get in attack range), aka zerkers and sins, wich is pretty much their main weakness.

I guess druid is the closest thing to what you want, but I don't really recommend it to newcomers.

#10 sumofishy

sumofishy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

ive been thinking about rogue class, but my friends started playing as well and in every other MMORPG, ive been a tank, and very good at it so my friends are begging for me to tank their parties but i really want to do a nice dps...

id like to rephrase myself

range isnt as important as you guys understand, i want a range so that i can weaken them to about half hp, or like 3/4 hp and dps on their ass

lol

sumofishy

#11 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

ive been thinking about rogue class, but my friends started playing as well and in every other MMORPG, ive been a tank, and very good at it so my friends are begging for me to tank their parties but i really want to do a nice dps...

id like to rephrase myself

range isnt as important as you guys understand, i want a range so that i can weaken them to about half hp, or like 3/4 hp and dps on their ass

lol

sumofishy

the game's classes are mostly fairly focused, such that if you have a toon that does long range dps, you're not going to want to switch to short range weapon to finish him because you wouldnt really be going 'dps' on their ass if you were a ranger switching to knuckles for the finishing blow. Go sin. you can use xbow, but short range dps with dual swords is where your bread and butter is at. You get two cool dashes you can use so you won't have to buy cash shop mount ever, and you get a 3rd sorta dash move when you go assassin as 2nd class. (caveat: stealth is bugged atm. check around forum for more on that).

If sin doesnt appeal to you, I'd say go ranger like others here have said. It's long range dps and as they said too, you won't need to go melee at the end cuz it'll be dead before it reaches you.

#12 Wreckd

Wreckd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2198 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Stereosonic

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

Assassins all the way brother :P we rule that world come and join us in killing xenoas :p_devil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users