Is it just me...? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is it just me...?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:34 PM

Aren't they getting super agressive with the spambots lately, VALK? I literally can't walk without getting lagged to hell in pront main street, it's so annoying. Do you GM patrol around? I would think at least you'll try to wipe them out the main city or something. Doesn't really give a good impression to the noobies to see this...

http://imageshack.us...rieopen002.jpg/
http://imageshack.us...rieopen004.jpg/
http://imageshack.us...rieopen005.jpg/
http://imageshack.us...rieopen006.jpg/
http://imageshack.us...rieopen008.jpg/

#2 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:42 PM

I honestly rather they spend their resources improving/balancing the mechanics of the game than spend all their time dealing with trivial matters.

#3 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

Don't see how checking that little space and banning/muting a few in less than 5 minutes sometimes will affect their resources.

I don't find it trivial to get errored every time while vending because the spam around you.

#4 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

Apparently bot farms are doing so bad now they have to increase the spam bots in hopes people will go and buy, scamming because they don't have any zeny stock.

This would be because the gm's started to ban bots more than before. So gm's are doing something, but not enough.

#5 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:10 PM

There's a few good spots left to vend where no spam bots spawn.

You just hve to move around for now.

#6 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:13 PM

Things usually get worse before they get better.

It means they're starting to get desperate, so hopefully they'll soon realize they have nothing more to gain here and move on.

#7 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

Very true Ralis, even the market is taking a huge toll because of all this.

But give it some time and it will balance out.

#8 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

It means they're starting to get desperate, so hopefully they'll soon realize they have nothing more to gain here and move on.

I really want to know how they think that annoying the -_- out of people will get them to buy your wares... If someone did that to me IRL they would get punched ;) But I agree, they are getting super desperate. If I remember correctly, it appears their prices have more than doubled.

I still think the GMs need to find a way to block them so that they still think they are spamming, but in game they are actually blocked.

#9 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

GEE WILLIKERS I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT COULD BE DONE ABOUT THIS PROBLEM *cough* bot to *cough* autoban spambots *cough* -_-

#10 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:29 PM

I've never understood how annoying your customers makes them buy from you. It shall forever remain a mystery.

#11 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:50 PM

the solution to spammers is chat filtering on server side, not client side which is easily bypassed by bots.

#12 mooMOOmoo

mooMOOmoo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

One possible solution to the spambot is to have an invisible GM bot patrol Prontera and other populated towns to catch spambots. Possible spambot determination criteria: if a character spams over 25 messages within 5 seconds, or over 100 messages total within 30 seconds, then it's a spambot

Edited by mooMOOmoo, 23 May 2011 - 06:08 PM.

#13 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:23 AM

mmm Look like Those Gold Spammer in Valk are really Desperate for money.. -_- from 38 Us for 100m now only 14USd per 100m..even the Bot vender are mass selling low level equip, card and stuff Cheaply these day in valk... ;) >making Legit player making less income...sadly

#14 Nomad4Lyfe

Nomad4Lyfe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:24 AM

About the crazy annoying spamming, I always thought people resort to buying zeny when they're not enjoying the game as much as they feel they should be. Spamming all of Prontera and being generally annoying would lower the enjoyment of people playing, thus increase revenue.

If I was going to buy zeny, I wouldn't do it through these annoying spammers since it would show that their methods work, but apparently enough people do, which is why they still do it.

#15 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:28 AM

The spam bots kinda reminds you of Billy Mays.

He's shout you into buying his stuff.

#16 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

Except Billy Mays is dead.

#17 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

He shouted out of excitement! Not because people would normally ignore him because he's a jerkhole spammer -_-

#18 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:54 AM

Havent seen spammers all day

#19 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:14 PM

Havent seen spammers all day

Must be Oda's shift today.

#20 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

Naw - billy mays actually sold product, these botspammers just take your money and stall until the payment clears.

And unfortunately, billy mays is dead. Also unfortunately, the botfarmers aren't.

#21 moofs

moofs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

I think iRO should limit the number of times you can send a message in a second. If they constantly go over that limit they get instant auto-silenced (red silence bubble). The GMs can set it so that you need to be warned 20 times before you get silenced so that normal players don't get silenced by it. I know some people may complain, but I'd rather sacrifice chatting speed for the benefit of the server. When the spam bots adapt, at least the spamming won't be like 10 messages a second.

The best method though is to have a GM bot that auto patrols the streets of Prontera and silences the spam bots. If RCX can auto-detect the spam bots and block them, I'm sure iRO dev team can come up with something similar.

Speaking of Prontera being unwalkable, I wish the GMs could somehow clean up the streets. There's just too many shops and chatrooms, it makes finding NPCs and walking through Prontera annoying.

Edited by moofs, 24 May 2011 - 12:19 PM.

#22 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

There is a pretty nice solution to this problem... its called Ymir ;D (I dunno why everyone is afraid of the market there its not that horrid)

#23 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

It's not the market, it's just starting over on a new server. For those of us that have played on Valk we have friends there that we don't want to leave. Not to mention we can only take limited amounts of our items and zeny over if we transferred.

#24 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

Oh I get that I'm talking about the newer players who think Ymir is some nasty server where you can't make any money. Also you can just do a huge migration with your friends over and start semi new and have fun being noobish again.

#25 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:02 PM

there are ways around everything, and im still sure they make a good amount of money off people

also, you can xfer from either server things to make billions on the other server, and not just ez simple things like hf mgs on valk --> ymir or morr mants/spares/kath keyron/etc from ymir to valk

Edited by Andini, 24 May 2011 - 01:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users