More Eden Npc's In Pront - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

More Eden Npc's In Pront

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

This is kinda low priority but is still kind of annoying at the same time. It would be cool to have ones at at all north, west, and east points of pront. I am kinda tired of having to walk down to south pront just to get my vip buffs. I have tried to use the south spot for my save but it just horrible because it is not next to a kafra and is a total zenny spamers lag zone on valk. I duno it seems like it may be an easy change to make and i am sort of thinking that it annoys alot of other paying people as well.

#2 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

because it is not next to a kafra

Are you kidding me ? There are 2 Kafras like 1 screen away from Eden NPC.

#3 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:23 PM

that spam lag zone really is a pain for that spawn point. depending on the number of spammers there you can have an unpredictable amount of delay. yes it is one screen away but that spawn point is crap. either that or get rid of the spam bots. since i'm doubting they will get rid of them, just put in some eden access points in some other areas of pront.

#4 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:28 PM

Are you kidding me ? There are 2 Kafras like 1 screen away from Eden NPC.

I see from your side panel here that you play on Ygg server. I agree with the OP. It is extremely annoying to have to bother going down to the south pront to get into the eden group. I can see no reason they couldn't easily have these guys by the West and East Gates as well easily. On average in south pront you will run into at least 5-6 spammers between spawn point and Kafra girl if not more. Plus the area is flooded with shops to block up the screen quite a bit.

#5 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:33 PM

Ymir doesn't have zeny spammers, so it's less of an issue here, but the fact is still that the Eden NPC is absolutely buried in shops, causing a lot of newbies to miss it, even with the emote. Hell, it takes a good 15 seconds to find him even when you pretty much know where he is.

I suggest putting him somewhere a bit more obvious. By the Kafras is actually the best answer, not so much for the laziness factor, but simply because people don't clog those in shops.

#6 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

This is kinda low priority

Pfft I disagree. Its extremely high priority.

The majority of game content is in the Eden Group now.. and there is only 1 NPC to get you in there in each town? How ridiculous.

How hard is it to go to the server NPC list and copy/paste them and change the coordinates. Not very hard at all.

#7 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

I hardly use the stat NPC because the Eden NPC in the middle of a sea of spam bots and merchant shops. Would love to have one at each Kafra.

Edited by Akihiro, 24 May 2011 - 10:27 PM.

#8 Riand

Riand

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:08 PM

There are also edens in every 1st job change area. So you can use the one at Pront Church if the Pront one is too hard to use.

#9 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:50 AM

Yes, I 'm on Ygg. Wheeeeeee.... (for now -_-')

#10 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:02 PM

No, because it's not by either of the Inns. That's the bigger issue imo.

#11 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

Put one Eden Group npc every 100 cells away from each other. That should solve the problem. *sarcasm*

#12 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

Put Eden Group cards in the kafra shop.

On a more serious note, F11 is great for temporarily making merchant shops disappear.

#13 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:18 PM

Eden group is rapidly becoming an important hub for players of all levels, so adding more Eden Group NPCs per town is something that is a pretty good idea. Adding NPCs isn't something that would be taking a tremendous amount of Production resources, I'll recommend it in my weekly report.

#14 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:19 PM

I have a better idea.. put one in North Alberta so I dont have to either walk all the way south to get to it or spend money warping to prontera...

#15 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:25 PM

Another good reason for this is during the TI events, so we could get to the that transport npc easier.

#16 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:54 PM

Eden group is rapidly becoming an important hub for players of all levels, so adding more Eden Group NPCs per town is something that is a pretty good idea. Adding NPCs isn't something that would be taking a tremendous amount of Production resources, I'll recommend it in my weekly report.

When you do this, keep in mind the in-game resources that players use (Mail, Save, Storage, Inn, Tool Dealers, etc). Not saying it has to be perfect or anything, but putting an Eden NPC in north prontera doesn't really help anyone because you can only Save/Storage there and need to walk through castle and valk to get to a field map.
If I had to place one somewhere, I would put it by the east and west entrances to prontera, because currently, you can access pretty much everything from that location except for Eden.

Edited by Sera, 25 May 2011 - 01:00 PM.

#17 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:09 PM

When i first said west, east, and north i just didn't really want to exclude those people that are at north because i know a good number of people hang out there. The west and east positions are of coarse the better spots for new eden npcs. My favorite spawn is the west because i like the scenery there and its generally where the more casual players hang out.

Yes there is a eden npc in Geffen but i had to check that one, and it wasn't where i thought it was. It is right next to a Kafra but that spawn point is another screen away type situation.

#18 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:28 PM

Geffen's resources are poorly laid out imo.

The kafras by the spawn point are the teleport service ones, and the actual entrances and exits to the town are pretty much devoid of anything other than the guard.

Edited by Sera, 25 May 2011 - 01:29 PM.

#19 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

I wonder, would it be at all possible to have an Eden NPC available in New World (requiring a certain number of Cat Hand points)? 8D

#20 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:14 PM

I wonder, would it be at all possible to have an Eden NPC available in New World (requiring a certain number of Cat Hand points)? 8D

Is there even a kafra at the new world base camp? I can remember there being one there but the last time i looked there wasn't or at least i couldn't find it.

#21 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

type /where when you are at a location you think would be a good one for the Eden group.

And post it and/or send in a ticket.

#22 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

Is there even a kafra at the new world base camp? I can remember there being one there but the last time i looked there wasn't or at least i couldn't find it.

There isn't a Kafra, but there there are similar services available through the kitties (provided you have enough points from fishing/mining to access them). http://irowiki.org/w...t_Hand_Services

type /where when you are at a location you think would be a good one for the Eden group.

Thanks for considering it, Heim! If I could choose, it would be 60, 120 or something similar-- near the spawn, Cat Hand NPC, and fishing, where people tend to hang out.
Spoiler

Edited by morphine, 25 May 2011 - 04:40 PM.

#23 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:42 PM

For suggestions like these, what do you prefer we do? Send a ticket or make a thread in to forum?

#24 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:28 PM

These locations are all in towns near a Kafra or large concentration of players on Ymir.

Prontera City, Capitol of Rune-Midgarts(prontera) : 279, 212
Prontera City, Capitol of Rune-Midgarts(prontera) : 162, 326
Prontera City, Capitol of Rune-Midgarts(prontera) : 29, 212
Izlude Town(izlude) : 134, 91
Geffen(geffen) : 206, 126
Payon Town(payon) : 167, 226
Alberta(alberta) : 27, 240

I'd suggest putting them on maps where turnins are on too, like how its on the Orc Village map.

#25 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:10 PM

Each town will likely only have 1 Eden person, I would rather make an "Eden Bwing" instead of TONS of NPCs everywhere. Of course exiting the eden group will put you on your last entering map or your save point.

The Cat Camp is ok because it is "town like"

For ideas, I usually like discussing ideas in the forums, but specific issues like bug reports I prefer to get tickets.

This one could have gone either way, but it is a small request to put 1 more Eden there, and I wanted to get it before maint tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users